PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Griffith
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Anthony Griffith  (Read 55113 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Griffith
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2015, 12:49:23 AM »

Droylsden are scheduled to be at home to Rushe/Northwich Victoria on Tuesday evening:

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-1606261

Should we all jump on a tram and head off to The Butchers Arms in order to greet our five-minute hero with a rousing chorus of "Hip hip hooray!" as he limps out onto the pitch?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GB Alty

« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2015, 12:56:10 AM »

The manager has to take a lot of the blame in the griffiths debacle however I wouldn't sack him over it
100% spot on Jimmy

At last someone that knows what their on about

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2015, 08:12:34 AM »

The manager has to take a lot of the blame in the griffiths debacle however I wouldn't sack him over it
100% spot on Jimmy

Sorry - the Manager makes recommendations to the Board who sign the contract, so if you want to point the finger that's where it should be directed. That would be very wrong imho. The point everyone at the club has been making is that at our level trust is a much more common and necessary currency than in the professional game. That extends to keeping fit, turning up for training or being honest about your medical history. LS has been let down by someone he's worked with before, he must be feeling more gutted than anyone. I don't think 'blame' should be apportioned, rather we'll have to accept that from now on there''ll be less £ for new players wages as some cash will need to be diverted into paying for formal medical assessments. 

Hamilton

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2015, 08:20:59 AM »

100% spot on Jimmy

Sorry - the Manager makes recommendations to the Board who sign the contract, so if you want to point the finger that's where it should be directed. That would be very wrong imho. The point everyone at the club has been making is that at our level trust is a much more common and necessary currency than in the professional game. That extends to keeping fit, turning up for training or being honest about your medical history. LS has been let down by someone he's worked with before, he must be feeling more gutted than anyone. I don't think 'blame' should be apportioned, rather we'll have to accept that from now on there''ll be less £ for new players wages as some cash will need to be diverted into paying for formal medical assessments. 

IMHO blame can only be apportioned one way; Griffith himself.

Jimmy

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2015, 10:04:20 AM »

Recently we have signed Griffiths okeefe Gillespie and bowerman all of whom have a next to no football the previous year that to me is a problem regardless of what Griffiths has done to be fair we could've got lucky with bowerman but I'm not convinced

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »

Who ever the blame lays with , we cant change anything now ,so no point in going on about it .

taxi Phil

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2015, 12:02:57 PM »

Droylsden are scheduled to be at home to Rushe/Northwich Victoria on Tuesday evening:

Should we all jump on a tram and head off to The Butchers Arms in order to greet our five-minute hero with a rousing chorus of "Hip hip hooray!" as he limps out onto the pitch?

Maybe Tim Deasy could have a word with one or two of his former Northwich team mates.......

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »

The situation reminds me of when Mike Marsh was playing for Kidderminster 15 years ago. He'd had an insurance payout when injured playing league football but was still ok to play semi-professional. Griffiths stated he was retiring from professional football (albeit semi-pro). Are Droylsden now playing in a division that isn't classed as professional so he can get away with it? 

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »

FA cup draw pitches us against Droylsden.  Can't fekking await

Droylsden have been drawn at home to Gainsborough Trinity in the FA Cup Third Qualifying Round.

A reunion isn't out of the question then...

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GB Alty

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2015, 12:22:39 AM »

Recently we have signed Griffiths okeefe Gillespie and bowerman all of whom have a next to no football the previous year that to me is a problem regardless of what Griffiths has done to be fair we could've got lucky with bowerman but I'm not convinced
Very true Jimmy, the signing of O'Keefe is even worse - we should be watching players before jumping in with contract offers, of course most of the players we sign haven't played for such a long time thats not possible

hmmmm ??????

York Alty

« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2015, 12:43:05 AM »

Very true Jimmy, the signing of O'Keefe is even worse - we should be watching players before jumping in with contract offers, of course most of the players we sign haven't played for such a long time thats not possible

hmmmm ??????

...and carry the risk of others signing them up whilst we sit on our hands. hmmmm?

Jimmy

« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2015, 06:56:46 AM »

My point was sign players who played games last season we did that with deasey and rankine

roytonmike

« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2015, 07:26:51 AM »

100% spot on Jimmy
Sorry - the Manager makes recommendations to the Board who sign the contract, so if you want to point the finger that's where it should be directed. That would be very wrong imho. The point everyone at the club has been making is that at our level trust is a much more common and necessary currency than in the professional game. That extends to keeping fit, turning up for training or being honest about your medical history. LS has been let down by someone he's worked with before, he must be feeling more gutted than anyone. I don't think 'blame' should be apportioned, rather we'll have to accept that from now on there''ll be less £ for new players' wages as some cash will need to be diverted into paying for formal medical assessments
IMHO blame can only be apportioned one way; Griffith himself.
If you want to accuse anyone at the club of anything then the charge should be of being naïve. That doesn't bring with it any notion of blame. If the level of player with whom we are now dealing involves more dishonesty than we are accustomed to then perhaps the football definition of 'professional' (as in 'professional foul', aka cheating) is indeed as far from the dictionary definition (a 'professional job' is one done competently and to high standards of workmanship) as I for one have long believed it to be. The two points highlighted above are absolutely right.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2015, 08:01:32 AM »

hmmmm ??????

...and carry the risk of others signing them up whilst we sit on our hands. hmmmm?

Yep, no problem with that whatsoever. Your response here is a bit naive.

Which of our recent pre season signings might we have missed out on and which are you glad you signed straight away?

eightiesrobin

« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2015, 09:50:46 PM »

Alas, no sign of Mr Griffith on tonight's team sheet. Vics won 6-1.

I did notice that Droylsden's keeper is Craig Ellison. I am sure he is the man who had his Stalybridge career ended by that memorable pair of 5-0 defeats over Christmas 2013.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:52:54 PM by eightiesrobin »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Griffith