PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Griffith
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Anthony Griffith  (Read 55115 times)

York Alty

Re: Anthony Griffith
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »

I cannot beleive we were that niaeve (check spelling - Ed). Shocked, stunned and not a little amazed if we were.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSwhOKOKaYw

He turned out to be a woeful signing, on so many levels.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:50:38 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 04:03:17 PM »

This must've been known previously.

He only managed 5 minutes despite us only winning 2 and losing 5 games with an underperformance midfield.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 04:04:09 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYF95glDyE

Not the first crocked player to be given a contract by Alty?

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 04:34:10 PM »

This must've been known previously.

He only managed 5 minutes despite us only winning 2 and losing 5 games with an underperformance midfield.

Surely words must have been exchanged about his condition, and he'll have been signed in the hope that he could get back to full fitness / would be able to play at this level despite not being 100%. Obviously neither have happened. For all that the manager wants a small squad, he willingly and knowingly signed an unfit passenger in Griffith.

Hopefully we can now turn our attention to signing a permanent centre half.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 05:45:47 PM »

got to love all the assumptions everyone has made, only on the Alty forum would you find this.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 05:53:54 PM »

Might I make a suggestion

Apologies if this is boring or doesn't fit in with the Club bashers - Oh you must all be loving this opportunity to invent theories and criticise all and sundry.

Why not enquire of someone who may actually know the facts about this situation? I know it's far less fun than fomenting insurrection but you never know til you try it eh?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 06:00:46 PM »

Apologies if this is boring or doesn't fit in with the Club bashers - Oh you must all be loving this opportunity to invent theories and criticise all and sundry.

Why not enquire of someone who may actually know the facts about this situation? I know it's far less fun than fomenting insurrection but you never know til you try it eh?

Who would answer though?

The club are often pretty cagey with financial information - we still don't know what the terms of the Watmore deal were!

So let's give it a try: Yo, Graham! How much did we have to pay Griffith off?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2015, 06:43:13 PM »

Ok someone from club put a statement on main site please.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »

The club's statement is very telling though; how else is one supposed to feel about it?

No "thanks and good luck in any future career", a withering "the midfielder (not even giving him a name) has played just 5 minutes of football for the club", and the piece de resistance, mentioning the involvement of the union in settling the contract. You can almost hear the teeth gnashing as the statement was written.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 07:13:01 PM »

sorry to hear Anthony has been forced to retire,he must be gutted,as for us signing an injured player,did we? or was he not injured at the time of signing and its an old injury that reared its head again?
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 08:54:03 PM »

Reality check. What medical checks does a small Conference club have the facilities to do? I imagine 7 and 10 miles up the road they can do on site scans and all sorts of monitoring. Can we or other ordinary Conference clubs do this? Doubt it. A lot will be down to the honesty and integrity of the player and the honesty of the former club.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bath Alty

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »

The way this club looks after it's players (Williams, the left back who's name inexplicitly escapes me at the moment) who get injured in the line of duty is exceptionally good.  See also how we released Boshell - we look after players.  As is mentioned above the  need for PFA to step in suggests the board / management feel we have been let down in this instance.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »

Reality check. What medical checks does a small Conference club have the facilities to do? I imagine 7 and 10 miles up the road they can do on site scans and all sorts of monitoring. Can we or other ordinary Conference clubs do this? Doubt it. A lot will be down to the honesty and integrity of the player and the honesty of the former club.

I think that's what's is getting on everyone's beef. Without getting into too much as we don't know the facts, if as mentioned, the lad has willingly signed a contract knowing his fitness is a problem then taken a pay off after playing 300 seconds of football, that's disgusting.

Perhaps some more information will come out in the future
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:05:18 PM by blackpoolalty »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 09:09:37 PM »

Maybe we've given him f**k all and the PFA were in consultation with the club so he could get his full insurance pay out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Griffith