PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Braintree thread....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Braintree thread....  (Read 17896 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Braintree thread....
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 10:31:42 AM »

We’re in a position now where Jordan Sinnott has started all ten of our games this season; along with Shaun Densmore, Adam Griffin, James Lawrie and Jake Moult. While I’ll openly say that he’s not performed to the same high standard as some of his team mates, I’m not going to accept these now extremely tedious remarks that he’s not been ‘good enough’ or that he doesn’t ‘contribute enough.’

He has quite clearly been a factor in us being sat four points clear after a hellacious start to the season (after we face Braintree on Saturday, we've played nine of the league's current top ten teams.) We are where we are because as a collective team we have performed to a certain standard. Some fans have a naïve and quite frankly weird habit of always wanting to isolate players, criticising them separately from the progress that the team are making.

At the end of the day our current alternatives to Jordan Sinnott are Josh O'Keefe and Ryan Crowther. If you want these players to swap roles, and you want us to go into games with either of them starting, then you’re deluded. One has been toss, and I can't even call the other a luxury because he just comes on and does step overs before kicking it out of touch at the by-line. Sinnott has outperformed them both this season, hence why O’Keefe and Crowther are now quite rightly warming the bench. Neither have started in any games where we have gained points, albeit Crowther scored against Cheltenham.

It just does my head in when the same people come on here and berate Sinnott when we’ve got the likes of O’Keefe and, let’s face facts, Damian Reeves who’ve done absolutely f**k all with every opportunity they’ve been given this season.

Jimmy

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 10:57:23 AM »

To be fair to crowther he hasn't had an opportunity to prove himself so the manager has kept a player he doesn't rate I'm also not convinced by him but from what I've seen and granted that's not much Sinnott jnr hasn't been good enough to make crowther unselectable I will add that we should've sorted the right midfield out as it still remains our weakest position
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:05:17 AM by Jimmy »

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 12:22:07 PM »

To be fair to crowther he hasn't had an opportunity to prove himself so the manager has kept a player he doesn't rate I'm also not convinced by him but from what I've seen and granted that's not much Sinnott jnr hasn't been good enough to make crowther unselectable I will add that we should've sorted the right midfield out as it still remains our weakest position

Definitely agree about right midfield, I think its a farce that we've gone this long without a genuine right winger.

Sinnott hasn't set the world alight, granted, but he's been a steady performer in a team that has navigated through a ridiculously tough start and for that he keeps his place in the team above Crowther.

Jenga

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »

No Sinnott Jnr, thank you very much.

Get real Lee, or get lost.

I take you were also the school bully, because all you ever do is continuously groan and moan about the same people. Quite tiresome and pathetic to be honest.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 02:42:37 PM »

Deasy

Havern      Leather      Parry

Densmore   Richman   Moult    Grifin

Lawrie

Reeves    Rankine.

Can't fail with the above.

3-1 Alty.  Reeves (x2) Moult

Attn 787
Full time and proud of it

brian1925

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 02:56:18 PM »

That's probably the team I'd select if i were manager, but I can't see Lee selecting 3 centre backs let alone 2 strikers  we'll see though.

VofD

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »

No Sinnott Jnr, thank you very much.

Get real Lee, or get lost.

I take you were also the school bully, because all you ever do is continuously groan and moan about the same people. Quite tiresome and pathetic to be honest.

Thank you for your post.

VofD

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »

Deasy

Lawrie

Reeves    Rankine.

Attn 787

I would give that team a chance.

SUBS:
Crowther
Bowerman
Heathcote
Davis
Stouppis

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 04:06:53 PM »

I've said before not a fan of wingback but with the lack of goals I would be tempted to play this team

GB Alty

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »

Sinnott jnr is getting in not due to the injury situation, but as he was signed as first choice starter all along. And we all knew it

Unfortunately it is a sign of how poor our midfield summer signings were that Sinnott was actually the best one

Why better players were allowed to leave is beyond me

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 02:44:57 PM »

Deasy

Lawrie

Reeves    Rankine.

Attn 787

I'm pretty sure that's the team that was suggested before Eastleigh, too. I like the look of it. We need to get Reeves match fit -and more importantly scoring.

I wonder whether Lee thinks it's the wrong time to implement new formations - we switched to 3 centre halves to accommodate Higginbotham 2 years ago and it failed pretty badly.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2015, 03:28:26 PM »

How has he lined up the team today? I'm not there, so I can't comment. Moult dropped to the bench...?

eightiesrobin

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2015, 03:57:54 PM »

Dire first half. Reeves looks like Gillespie, Parry having a mare, Rankine looks knackered. Lawrie half asleep, Braintree winning everything aerial.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2015, 04:03:34 PM »

Lovely weather though

eightiesrobin

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2015, 04:21:24 PM »

Braintree in control, much timewasting. Parry is awful today
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Braintree thread....