PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Braintree thread....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Braintree thread....  (Read 17936 times)

VofD

Braintree thread....
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:47:01 PM »

No Sinnott Jnr, thank you very much.

Get real Lee, or get lost.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Braintree thread....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:27 PM »

How ridiculous, so you want Lee to go already?

VofD

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 10:52:14 PM »

No,I want him to stop picking his totally useless son.

VofD

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:53:36 PM »

No,I want him to stop picking his totally useless son.
1500 up.

VofD

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »

No, he is being offered a choice.

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:39:18 AM »

In fairness I can only go from John Laidlar and listening to RR, but I don't really think Sinnott Jnr has let us down.

He's certainly not the best player to wear an Alty shirt, but he's certainly not the worst.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 05:34:08 AM »

No, he is being offered a choice.

To clarify, if the manager doesnt stop picking Jordan Sinnott then his position is untenable?

Is that what you mean?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 08:37:22 AM »

I wouldn't say he's 'totally useless' - but we all know Williams and Wilkinson had a bit more about them - and they both got released.

In any case, the 2 more pressing changes would be to bring in Richman for Parry and Crowther for Bowerman - same setup with Lawrie trying to support Rankine as much as possible

eightiesrobin

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 08:48:11 AM »

I'm not sure Williams and Wilkinson had any more about them. Williams was something of a headless chicken, and Wilkinson was truly anonymous for about 90% of the time he spent on the pitch from what I saw.   

I suspect they have become better players now they are no longer here. 

I agree about Parry and Bowerman. I do find it odd how, in the last two games, two defenders (Parry and Heathcote) have been pressed into midfield service while a genuine midfielder (Crowther) has sat on the bench.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 08:57:47 AM »

No Sinnott Jnr, thank you very much.

Get real Lee, or get lost.

I don't think you really wanted to start a match thread, did you?

I've read in a few places that Braintree like to play up to the referee, we'll need to be on our best behaviour. Hoping Richman is fit, it will transform the side if we have him back. Three points are essential, and well within our capabilities at home.

roytonmike

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »

If Richman is fit he must come back in - but if there's any danger of a repeat of Southport, leave him out of the picture completely for Saturday. The crying need is for a left-sided midfielder who is (a) able & (b) prepared to tackle back & support Griffin. Clee has quite often acted as auxiliary full-back to help out against speedy right-sided opponents, but none of our current options (actual or potential) in this position seems either able or willing to perform this task. I remain uncertain of Bowerman - too often he has his head down & seems totally unaware of his team-mates - but Reeves seems so ring-rusty that to bring him in might be a risk; on balance I'd take that risk at this point. O'Keefe should stay on the bench; Parry didn't do badly playing in front of the back four on Tuesday.
As to Braintree's reported approach - not much we can do about that except to try not to get involved - having had one lot of stirring Southern sons of unmarried parents on Tuesday we may perhaps know what to expect to some degree - and to hope for a strong referee (fat chance ...)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:53:19 AM by roytonmike »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 11:17:58 AM »

What is it with some of the southern teams in this league that they feel the need to stick out their chins in the hope of getting a reaction or employ  intimidating tactics against the opposition and / or officials

I could understand it if they had small person syndrome but the whingers from Eastleigh the other night were big lads..

The officials should grip these clowns and yellow card them when players attempt to intimidate them.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »

What is it with some of the southern teams in this league that they feel the need to stick out their chins in the hope of getting a reaction or employ  intimidating tactics against the opposition and / or officials

It is a bizarre urban myth that there is a difference between the behaviour of players based on what part of the country they come from. Kyle Perry and Chris Denham were two of the most cynical players around when the mood took them. Everybody's got them and we just need to be streetwise when coming up against such opponents.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »

Top post

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 02:01:33 PM »

What is it with some of the southern teams in this league that they feel the need to stick out their chins in the hope of getting a reaction or employ  intimidating tactics against the opposition and / or officials

It is a bizarre urban myth that there is a difference between the behaviour of players based on what part of the country they come from. Kyle Perry and Chris Denham were two of the most cynical players around when the mood took them. Everybody's got them and we just need to be streetwise when coming up against such opponents.

Yes agree
The same applies to so called "being bullied" by the opposition.........we need to stop whinging (not the players to be fair) about being 'bullied' and just make sure we don't get 'bullied'. It's nothing to do with size either when it comes to football.........nobody ever bullied Billy Bremner and he was the smallest player in the division. I don't recall hearing of Paul Scholes being bullied either
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Braintree thread....