PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Williams
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sean Williams  (Read 11505 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Sean Williams
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 06:12:22 PM »

Why would you want to keep Williams when we brought in class acts like okeefe Sinnott and Griffiths
Exactly. There's too much criticism on this forum of the manager's decisions and tactics. He can't help it if he's run out of talent and sons.
Promise me you're certain he's run out of sons.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »

I had no problems with Sean being released at the time.

I thought that if the club is to make incremental improvements each season (not so much as 20/20 straight away though) then the squad obviously needs to improve each season as well whilst also  keeping the nucleus together.........Assuming then 4 or 5 released, with replacements brought in, then Sean was one I expected to be released. Clearly we expected the replacements to be an improvement and although it is still early doors, it is looking like some may not be.

I work with a long standing Macc season ticket holder and a long standing Stockport County fan, and neither can believe Ricky Lambert got a gig for England........I guess it can happen, albeit Sean is still playing Conf North and was not picked up by Chester, Southport, Wrexham, Tranmere or Macc after we released him. He always gave 100% and I truly hope he gets a game for England C
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »

The problem for me is the replacements

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 12:19:32 AM »

I always thought he seemed unhappy at the club. I'm glad he's performing well

brian1925

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »

As Jimmy correctly points out, the problem has indeed been the midfield replacements for Sean and Cav. But, how do we move forward from here? Griffiths can't be replaced for obvious reasons. O'Keefe I believe is on a contact, believe it or not, and I can't even see the truly desperate taking him off our hands. Now, who does that leave I wonder? Seriously, if we are to stay in this league, we really do need an extra body in the middle of the pitch. Too much is being asked of Jake and Si and it's no wonder they're starting to pick up minor knocks. Hard decisions need to be made. We are probably going to lose tonight and that means Saturday is going to be vital, so something will have to be done before then. Or are the club prepared to plod on until we are out of sight of safety and crowds are sub 600? Terrible mistakes have certainly been made this season, but it isn't too late to put them right.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 04:21:00 PM »

I'd give Sinnott Jnr a go at right back if Densmore is injured.

I also don't think the idea of Reeves playing behind Rankine is as outlandish as many would have it either.

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 11:03:17 PM »

I'd give Sinnott Jnr a go at right back if Densmore is injured.

I also don't think the idea of Reeves playing behind Rankine is as outlandish as many would have it either.

Could work.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »

This season just feels annoying.

Bringing Rankine in has been a good move, but it seems to have (to some degree) pushed Reeves out of the team. This means we've replaced our most threatening player with a slightly less threatening player. Now, this can be justified if Rankine plays in such a way that a) other players score more goals than they did before, and/or b) we become harder to beat because he is better at keeping hold of the ball. On both these counts the jury is out.

Losing Cavanagh and releasing Williams and replacing them with Griffith and O'Keefe has been a disaster. The Griffith debacle has been done to death but it still stings that we pretty much gave thousands of pounds to some knob half of League 2 (and google!) knew was crocked. Not seen much of O'Keefe, but the reports are hardly glowing.

So, two bad choices in midfield and our season is pretty much all about not getting relegated and moving on next season with better players.

All just a bit flat really.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »

I said right at the start of the season it was going to be a long hard one ..
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 09:39:49 AM »

I said the same about Rankine/Reeves a while back.  If you're playing 1 up front then Rankine's the obvious choice. Trouble is we don't score goals without Reeves.

Bit of a nightmare situation.

As for midfielders,  to progress then Wilkinson and Williams needed to be replaced by better but  they haven't.
Full time and proud of it

Hamilton

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 10:00:02 AM »

I said right at the start of the season it was going to be a long hard one ..

That's what I old the missus!

(Don't tell me you didn't feed me the line! ;) )

bumble

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 12:32:44 PM »

I said the same about Rankine/Reeves a while back.  If you're playing 1 up front then Rankine's the obvious choice. Trouble is we don't score goals without Reeves.

As for midfielders,  to progress then Wilkinson and Williams needed to be replaced by better but  they haven't.

Maybe last season. The problem is with reeves is he'll get going after his first, but that won't come without a run of games.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »

I agree Jack.  That's why it's a nightmare situation.
Full time and proud of it

ripleym

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 02:34:33 PM »

Maybe last season. The problem is with reeves is he'll get going after his first, but that won't come without a run of games.

Maybe a spell in the supporters team will both restore his confidence and bring some much needed results..?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »

Can't reiterate enough about what's been said, at the time you think we'll done Sean and good luck thanks for the hard work, expecting a BETTER calibre of player to be brought in, forgetting about Griffith, O Keefe simply isn't that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Williams