PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax - MATCH THREAD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Halifax - MATCH THREAD  (Read 24479 times)

Mr Woolf

Halifax - MATCH THREAD
« on: October 04, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »

The reds go marching on on on, 3-0 alty

York Alty

Re: Halifax - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 02:05:44 PM »

A win - love another clean sheet but I'm not sure we'll bag three. I'll go two nil with Young Master Reeves scoring again.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 06:43:49 PM »

We battled very well yesterday and it was an excellent result. I was impressed with how Barrow played, very positive.  I would like the same formation against Halifax but with Crowther and Clee as wide players with Lawrie ( central ) behind Reeves or Rankine. I'd also go with Desmore right back as we miss his attacking threat. I'd return Leather to centre back for Parry. I think Sinnott junior needs a couple of games rest,  in-play he's still some pace behind games, but is good at set pieces I.e. freekicks and throw ins but it's not enough to warrant a starting position each week. Clee needs to get his fitness up and Crowther is deserving his position and is positive in his approach.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:58:28 PM »

We battled very well yesterday and it was an excellent result. I was impressed with how Barrow played, very positive.  I would like the same formation against Halifax but with Crowther and Clee as wide players with Lawrie ( central ) behind Reeves or Rankine. I'd also go with Desmore right back as we miss his attacking threat. I'd return Leather to centre back for Parry. I think Sinnott junior needs a couple of games rest,  in-play he's still some pace behind games, but is good at set pieces I.e. freekicks and throw ins but it's not enough to warrant a starting position each week. Clee needs to get his fitness up and Crowther is deserving his position and is positive in his approach.
i agree I thought barrow were no mugs good side
ParkINson's red and white army

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:07:48 PM »

I am a little fearful of this one - Fax come with no points from six away games and on the back of an almighty thrashing at home, all of which spells big banana skin if we're not careful, and we all know what tends to happen when we play teams from the bottom end of the table. We ought to win, but nothing can be guaranteed. As regards team selection, in an ideal world I would like to see Clee start the game as Griffin needs the kind of support that only Clee seems able or willing to provide by tracking back as an auxiliary full-back when needed; I would also like to see Densmore at right-back, allowing Leather & Havern to resume their successful partnership (which should not be taken as criticism of Parry, by the way, simply a wish to get what would be our first choice pairing for the foreseeable future back in place). However, this depends on their state of readiness, which only the management and physio can really assess. I feel Densmore loses focus and effectiveness if put in midfield, so the problem of who to play wide right remains. Crowther favours his right foot, so could he be used there if Clee is selected on the left, with Moult and Richman in the middle? Up front much depends on the state of Rankine's back. If he's not fit, Reeves in front of Lawrie strikes me as the best option, with Bowerman available to take over should Reeves tire; if he is available for selection perhaps Rankine could be on the bench as another attacking option on this occasion. O'Keefe, Sinnott and Parry would be the other subs. So my ideal would be -
Deasy
Densmore - Havern - Leather - Griffin
Crowther - Richman - Moult - Clee
Lawrie
Reeves  
(Subs Bowerman, Rankine, Sinnott, O'Keefe, Parry)

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »

I agree with that team for Tuesday even if rankine is fit it would mean crowther on right which he doesn't play but he is right footed and he has scored against Torquay and Dover playing on right

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »

Cant make Tueday  but..... We need to start better from the off and get on the front foot from the first whistle.. If we do that then 3 points are an attainable target.. 3-1 Alty.. Reevsie to bag another goal

Att 973..

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 11:07:57 PM »

Agree 100%with the team selections in this thread. You've got to play Nicky and Reevesy against Fax, as they always seem to enjoy playing against them.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 12:14:08 PM »

I'd expect Halifax to get 4-5 in on loan today or tomorrow, the current bunch have not exactly done themselves many favours as the new manager watched on.

That said we all know Cheltenham are a good side from what we saw here.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »

If we score can we play sh*te music over the PA system and all sing da der da da ???????

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 05:21:33 PM »

If Halifax come to defend it will be difficult as we need to be more creative to break them down.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »

If Halifax come to defend it will be difficult as we need to be more creative to break them down.

Cue Clee.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 07:32:32 PM »

The joint-lowest goalscorers in the league face the team with the worst defensive record in the division.

Let's hope that we can inflict some further misery on Darren Kelly, whose two most recent fixtures as a manager have ended in 5-1 and 7-1 defeats respectively.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 08:40:04 PM »

Them losing 1-7 was the last thing we needed.

Re team formations. Although I was critical of it at the time at home to Chester it turned out to be superb having Clee and Crowther on their 'wrong' wings and cutting inside with full backs overlapping.

Whatever happened to that? I'm sure you can't do it long term but it's a bit odd it got out away with the Xmas decorations. Or did I miss where we played it?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 12:53:02 AM »

The fact that they have so far conceded a total of 32 goals in 14 games suggests that they haven't yet mastered the art of defending.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax - MATCH THREAD