PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next generation of fans...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Next generation of fans...  (Read 7876 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next generation of fans...
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 07:18:44 PM »

couple of wins and it might be a new sensation
FFS

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »

They have been to the last few games always come up to the segregation area trying to give it large to the away fans whilist the home fans are still at the Golf road end.
@AltyDaz

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 09:11:26 PM »

couple of wins and it might be a new sensation
Well I won't die before I get old.....Watching Alty has already aged me beyond my years.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »

As a club we've been blessed with a well behaved/mannered generation of supporters that have come through over the past 10 or so years, but not all first walked through the turnstiles with the intention of supporting the club across the country. I know lots who came for the laugh and stuck around when they grew up a bit.

What they did during the 90 minutes is nothing I haven't seen a million times before, as tedious as it was, pretty much every club around the country (especially at this level) has that section of young idiots in the ground that try to bait the opposition fans

The positive here is that they made plans to go to Moss Lane on a Tuesday night, so hopefully the novelty wears off and they become more mature regulars. If any of them acted out in a serious way then I'm sure numerous Alty fans would be happy to have a word.

Hear Hear, that atmosphere was decent last night after a long spell of fairly moribund occasions on the terraces, kids are the life blood. I remember jibbing in over the bogs and letting off fireworks at the back of the golf. If they want to put their hoods up and v away fans at the end, so be it, only kids their own age would take any notice anyway. All worth the bits of mischief if some grow in to full time supporters. And let's hope last night marks the return to proper singing at home games, it really made it a better occasion, as poor as we were on the field.
I noticed a dashing young chap repeatedly sing when I was young .. it was a fun affair
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »

As a club we've been blessed with a well behaved/mannered generation of supporters that have come through over the past 10 or so years, but not all first walked through the turnstiles with the intention of supporting the club across the country. I know lots who came for the laugh and stuck around when they grew up a bit.

What they did during the 90 minutes is nothing I haven't seen a million times before, as tedious as it was, pretty much every club around the country (especially at this level) has that section of young idiots in the ground that try to bait the opposition fans

The positive here is that they made plans to go to Moss Lane on a Tuesday night, so hopefully the novelty wears off and they become more mature regulars. If any of them acted out in a serious way then I'm sure numerous Alty fans would be happy to have a word.

Hear Hear, that atmosphere was decent last night after a long spell of fairly moribund occasions on the terraces, kids are the life blood. I remember jibbing in over the bogs and letting off fireworks at the back of the golf. If they want to put their hoods up and v away fans at the end, so be it, only kids their own age would take any notice anyway. All worth the bits of mischief if some grow in to full time supporters. And let's hope last night marks the return to proper singing at home games, it really made it a better occasion, as poor as we were on the field.

I noticed a dashing young chap repeatedly sing when I was young .. it was a fun affair

Started off by Bowerman's Short Shorts, carried on by Figgy Pudding if I remember rightly.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 12:55:49 AM »

Lee Sinnott says:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:58:04 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 07:37:50 AM »

I'm sure Lee heard the fans and appreciated them
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next generation of fans...