PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next generation of fans...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Next generation of fans...  (Read 7873 times)

ripleym

Next generation of fans...
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »

Did anyone see or does anyone know the two kids who couldn't have been more than 12, and wearing typically black hoodies?

They approached the sterile zone at the end to give abuse to the two Halifax fans who were remonstrating with our stewards.  When I told them to take a walk, they then turned their abuse towards me.

They soon ran off, but then I got some when walking back to my car too. 

I'm all for encouraging our next generation of fans, but if they're it they will need sorting out before too long.

Hamilton

Re: Next generation of fans...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »

Long gone are the days you can give them a clip round the ear.

Sadly!

ripleym

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:15:49 PM »

Indeed!  I didn't even feel photographing their faces was appropriate...

mikealty

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »

Never seen any of that group at an Alty game before so I wouldn't exactly call them the next generation of fans

AltySi

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »

Are these not the same group who threw something at the keeper in ths last home game against Braintree  ?.

They need to be gotten a grip of before they cause too much trouble, if they did that against a Grimsby, Tranmere or Wrexham, there could be trouble, which they'd probably run off from leaving us lot to face the rath of some angry away fans.

Someone threw a smoke bomb just down from the ground, towards Stamford Park,  last night after the game as well, may well have been one of that group.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »

As a club we've been blessed with a well behaved/mannered generation of supporters that have come through over the past 10 or so years, but not all first walked through the turnstiles with the intention of supporting the club across the country. I know lots who came for the laugh and stuck around when they grew up a bit.

What they did during the 90 minutes is nothing I haven't seen a million times before, as tedious as it was, pretty much every club around the country (especially at this level) has that section of young idiots in the ground that try to bait the opposition fans

The positive here is that they made plans to go to Moss Lane on a Tuesday night, so hopefully the novelty wears off and they become more mature regulars. If any of them acted out in a serious way then I'm sure numerous Alty fans would be happy to have a word.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »

As a club we've been blessed with a well behaved/mannered generation of supporters that have come through over the past 10 or so years, but not all first walked through the turnstiles with the intention of supporting the club across the country. I know lots who came for the laugh and stuck around when they grew up a bit.

What they did during the 90 minutes is nothing I haven't seen a million times before, as tedious as it was, pretty much every club around the country (especially at this level) has that section of young idiots in the ground that try to bait the opposition fans

The positive here is that they made plans to go to Moss Lane on a Tuesday night, so hopefully the novelty wears off and they become more mature regulars. If any of them acted out in a serious way then I'm sure numerous Alty fans would be happy to have a word.

Hear Hear, that atmosphere was decent last night after a long spell of fairly moribund occasions on the terraces, kids are the life blood. I remember jibbing in over the bogs and letting off fireworks at the back of the golf. If they want to put their hoods up and v away fans at the end, so be it, only kids their own age would take any notice anyway. All worth the bits of mischief if some grow in to full time supporters. And let's hope last night marks the return to proper singing at home games, it really made it a better occasion, as poor as we were on the field.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »

If left unchecked,  they'll turn out like that bunch of pre-pubescent  morons at Colwyn Bay.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 04:38:35 PM »

With my generation people tried to put us down

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »

Are you talking about my generation?

ripleym