PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 4th qualifying round live game announced
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 4th qualifying round live game announced  (Read 13091 times)

Jimmy

Re: 4th qualifying round live game announced
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »

I think if Margate were in better shape higher up the southern Leauge it wouldn't be a bad choice

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »

What a f**king wank game to show more to the point. Embarrassing.

They've not even picked the one people would have interest in (fcum v Salford)
not everyone is from Manchester/Salford lad, and not everyone is an armchair United fan lad

I think the choice is fair, the highest ranked team in the draw against a lower side pushing forward. It's the perfect cup tie

Quite, but the guardian et al would be all over St. Fcum v the class of 92 etc.

I wouldn't show it, it's a Unibond league match but that's be the interest.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 06:45:51 AM »

Salford play southport if they get through.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 08:45:42 AM »

You're quite right, you can blame Figgy for this sending me daft texts.

Margate v fgr is still about the 5th tie on my list though.

An incredible amount of money being spunked on those two clubs when only 400 people are truly arsed.

robins1978

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »

Does anyone know what is the fee that the home team gets for hosting a televised game on BT tv
Id take an educated guess at £60,000

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »

Does anyone know what is the fee that the home team gets for hosting a televised game on BT tv

Cheers.... Not to be sneezed at then..

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 04:10:23 PM »

This is BT Sport we're talking about, and the qualifying round rather than the competition proper. I suspect you'd be nearer the mark if you took one of the noughts off.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »

I agree Mike. It's an interesting development though. This must be the first live coverage of a game before the 1st Round Proper?

roytonmike

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 05:11:16 PM »

I agree Mike. It's an interesting development though. This must be the first live coverage of a game before the 1st Round Proper?
I suspect you're right - I certainly can't think of one, although there was a BBC 'Road to Wembley' package which had brief highlights of games in the qualifying rounds in 1990 - it started with Salford City v Warrington Town, included Braintree Town v Enfield, another game at Tamworth & finished with Macc v Alty (the 2-2 draw when Ken McKenna went down for a penalty & incurred the wrath of Peter Wragg, the Macc manager; when Kingy was interviewed afterwards he was asked what he thought might happen in the replay & said "Well, I don't think there'll be any penalties!") and the replay at Moss Lane when Paul Showler & Mark Hughes were among the scorers. Those were the days, my friend ...

Alex

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 09:03:29 PM »

Didnt ESPN show wembley FC's extra preliminary round match live featuring previous internationals

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 09:57:37 PM »

I suspect you're right - I certainly can't think of one, although there was a BBC 'Road to Wembley' package which had brief highlights of games in the qualifying rounds in 1990 - it started with Salford City v Warrington Town, included Braintree Town v Enfield, another game at Tamworth & finished with Macc v Alty (the 2-2 draw when Ken McKenna went down for a penalty & incurred the wrath of Peter Wragg, the Macc manager; when Kingy was interviewed afterwards he was asked what he thought might happen in the replay & said "Well, I don't think there'll be any penalties!") and the replay at Moss Lane when Paul Showler & Mark Hughes were among the scorers. Those were the days, my friend ...

I have that feature on video somewhere - I must find it and upload it to YouTube - the Kingy/Waragg interview is a classic. Great goal by Showler in the replay too.

VofD

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 10:14:30 PM »

Nigel Shaw took the penalty whilst the Macc goalie continued to protest. 2 months after this I went to work in India for 3 years and missed the rest of that "oh so near" 90-91 season. Just doesn't seem all that long ago.

taxi Phil

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »

Nigel Shaw took the penalty whilst the Macc goalie continued to protest. 2 months after this I went to work in India for 3 years and missed the rest of that "oh so near" 90-91 season. Just doesn't seem all that long ago.
Doesn't time fly as we get older !

VofD

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 10:32:34 PM »

Too bloody true,Phil.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »

The Salford game was the prelim round. I think the 1st qual was Gretna v someone (maybe even Warrington again). Gretna won 5-1, Mark Dobie scored.

The 2nd qual was Braintree 0 Barnet 2 (Paul Furlong scored)..

The Tamworth game was against Redditch. Tamworth won. Think it showed Mark Delaney scoring for them in the Vase final.

And then the glorious bit.

I haven't watched this video for over a decade btw...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 4th qualifying round live game announced