PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 4th qualifying round live game announced
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 4th qualifying round live game announced  (Read 13209 times)

roytonmike

Re: 4th qualifying round live game announced
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2015, 09:19:27 AM »

Yes, it was Braintree v Barnet - I remember there was a clip about Fry making a signing at a motorway services! I suspect the Gretna game was v Norton & Stockton Ancients.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »

Steve burr was interviewed whilst receiving acupuncture and the needle match quip was thrown in

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2015, 05:21:55 PM »

I remember it featuring a Macc Lads song somewhere in the video and Jimmy got more air time than some of the players!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »

Interestingly the BBC were going to cover Sporting Khalsa v FCUM in some sort of live form but it has been vetoed

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=6454.

What annoys me is that there's no way you'd get touchline interviews etc. during the game if it was a top club, yet at this level it's seen as perfectly acceptable.  A bit patronising I think.

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »

That maybe right about the touch line interviews but I think it's excellent that a channel is not only showing live non Leauge games and a highlights show and now cup games before round 1
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:16:03 PM by Jimmy »

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 11:13:48 PM »

That maybe right about the touch line interviews but I think it's excellent that a channel is not only showing live non Leauge games and a highlights show and now cup games before round 1

"FC United seeks to change the way that football is owned and run, putting supporters at the heart of everything. This includes a better and more balanced relationship with TV."

So the TV offer means a club can get a few bob in the coffers before the inevitable winter postponements mean no gate income whilst still paying wages. If the price to be paid is a few seconds chat with the subs on the touchline, so be it in my view. After all chatting to the players like that if you're at the game is all a bit 'punk football' isn't it? Congrats to FC for having the financial stability not to have to do this - it's not the case for most.

FCUM do some great work and there are some great people there. But sometimes they are a bit up themselves.

taxi Phil

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 11:27:15 PM »

I've been one of their biggest critics over the last few years, but on this occasion they have my total respect.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 11:32:09 PM »

I've been one of their biggest critics over the last few years, but on this occasion they have my total respect.

Just for arguments sake, if we were offered the deal and it gave us the cash to get a couple more players should we turn it down?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »

"FC United seeks to change the way that football is owned and run, putting supporters at the heart of everything. This includes a better and more balanced relationship with TV."

So the TV offer means a club can get a few bob in the coffers before the inevitable winter postponements mean no gate income whilst still paying wages. If the price to be paid is a few seconds chat with the subs on the touchline, so be it in my view. After all chatting to the players like that if you're at the game is all a bit 'punk football' isn't it? Congrats to FC for having the financial stability not to have to do this - it's not the case for most.

FCUM do some great work and there are some great people there. But sometimes they are a bit up themselves.

Spot on Jock.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 06:44:56 AM »

Khalsa declined it too

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportingKhalsa/status/656461981554077696

To be fair, this wasn't going to be on TV and we don't know the financial details.

One of those teams will reach the first round and there's every chance they will get a TV friendly draw. It will be interesting to see what happens then when the exposure and money will be bigger. 

Jimmy

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 07:53:27 AM »

My statement was about it being good about non Leauge games on TV I wasn't even thinking about any particular clubs

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »

I'm still waiting for a team to concede a goal while their manager is being interviewed. Let's hope it doesn't happen to Lee at Bromley!!

anglo alty

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 07:02:34 PM »

Better game would have been Stourbridge v Kiddy good chance of an upset there
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 4th qualifying round live game announced