Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £8.28 a goal and were being ripped off for a cuppa.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: £8.28 a goal and were being ripped off for a cuppa.....  (Read 15525 times)

VofD

Re: £8.28 a goal and were being ripped off for a cuppa.....
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »

The price of football survey is out and i think we stand up well against the league average (halifax fans must be loaded)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-79ccb1e7-d390-44c1-8857-cfcb0ade2595
why is our tea so expensive?

Why are you such a trouble stirring buffoon?

I honestly believe that if we beat Man United in the FA Cup 3rd round at Old Trafford you'd still complain about something which wasn't to your particular liking

Nice one ATS.

FFS

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 11:43:58 PM »

At a guess are lower prices mean more away fans than others may get I may be wrong

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 04:37:22 AM »

At a guess are lower prices mean more away fans than others may get I may be wrong

You may be right Jimmy, and some fans may looking it like that, but if Torquay (for example) lowered their prices by a quid it wouldn't be a mind changer for me considering the costs elsewhere; programmes, travel, beer, food for the day etc

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »

It's not cheap though others are to espensive

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 08:43:34 AM »

You may be right Jimmy, and some fans may looking it like that, but if Torquay (for example) lowered their prices by a quid it wouldn't be a mind changer for me considering the costs elsewhere; programmes, travel, beer, food for the day etc
to be fair Torquay not a good example as your probably going for a weekend

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 10:38:41 AM »

to be fair Torquay not a good example as your probably going for a weekend

Maybe not, but you get the point...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 09:16:26 PM »

The price of football survey is out and i think we stand up well against the league average (halifax fans must be loaded)

I honestly believe that if we beat Man United in the FA Cup 3rd round at Old Trafford you'd still complain about something which wasn't to your particular liking

Bit OTT I think, because someone offers an opinion which is NOT offensive but with which you disagree. To call him a BUFFOON, FFS.

As you well know Jock my comment is not a response to this particular post about the price of tea.

It is about Jamie's burning desire to take every possible opportunity to have a dig at the Club, sometimes even having to invent the opportunity himself.

Perhaps he thinks he's being funny? I would suggest that if he does then he is quite possibly in a minority who hold that view.

Jamie is an intelligent guy with what i believe to be a good job I just cannot see the need for him to make such a buffoon of himself (and believe me Buffoon is far milder than the word I firts thought of)

VofD

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 09:21:59 PM »

Bit OTT I think, because someone offers an opinion which is NOT offensive but with which you disagree. To call him a BUFFOON, FFS.

As you well know Jock my comment is not a response to this particular post about the price of tea.

It is about Jamie's burning desire to take every possible opportunity to have a dig at the Club, sometimes even having to invent the opportunity himself.

Perhaps he thinks he's being funny? I would suggest that if he does then he is quite possibly in a minority who hold that view.

Jamie is an intelligent guy with what i believe to be a good job I just cannot see the need for him to make such a buffoon of himself (and believe me Buffoon is far milder than the word I firts thought of)

Fair enough,then.

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 10:57:27 PM »

In a world where 14 quid is the cheapest in the division for a ticket to a non league football match, £1.50 for a brew is neither here nor there. I'd be far more concerned if we were charging 50 notes for a replica kit in all honesty.

I have just paid £1.39 for a box of 40 tea bags (Yorkshire tea as well). How can charging £1.50 for a cup of tea ever be justified?

What is the rip off (sorry mark up) on that?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 11:24:17 PM »

In a world where 14 quid is the cheapest in the division for a ticket to a non league football match, £1.50 for a brew is neither here nor there. I'd be far more concerned if we were charging 50 notes for a replica kit in all honesty.

I have just paid £1.39 for a box of 40 tea bags (Yorkshire tea as well). How can charging £1.50 for a cup of tea ever be justified?

What is the rip off (sorry mark up) on that?

There are widespread examples of this, though. I can buy 20 cans of beer for a tenner from my local supermarket,  but my local pub charges £3.40 for a pint. £1.50 for a cuppa is fairly standard in most places, so as valid as your point about tea bags is, for you to use it as a stick to beat your own club with is, frankly, weird. Do you begrudge your club the opportunity to make a bit of profit selling a low cost item? Where are you coming from?
Come on Alty!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 12:21:42 AM »

I do think there is an argument though for raising gate fees, though this would benefit in the short term may not help long term, which the Board is focused on. The interesting thing is how quiet the Board are about raising money for particularly for playing budget, it's been a while since any rallying calls or requests for assistance. Some clubs would set up goals to bring in loan players etc but we tend to keep things private. Not a criticism, more an observation.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 08:27:19 AM »

I don't see why putting the admission prices up would make any difference apart asking the loyal supporters to fork out more money. Personally I think £15 is too much to watch Conference football. £10 should really be the correct price. I don't see how some clubs in the Conference can justify charging nearly £20 to watch a game of football.
They really should be beating teams like us

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 01:45:19 PM »

I don't see why putting the admission prices up would make any difference apart asking the loyal supporters to fork out more money. Personally I think £15 is too much to watch Conference football. £10 should really be the correct price. I don't see how some clubs in the Conference can justify charging nearly £20 to watch a game of football.
£10 would be an absolute steal and you would have to be certain that we would attract another 50% on the gate to break even.  £15 looks reasonable for next year
Bernard Taylors barmy army

roytonmike

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2015, 02:16:58 PM »

£10 would be about right for the level below (Conf N/S); I certainly think that to charge more than £15 for Conference football is over the top. 9 clubs' minimum price is above that level -  the two clubs relegated from the FL, two in Lincolnshire who obviously still think like League clubs, three from the South-East, where the cost of living is supposed to be significantly higher than elsewhere, one in the far west which is still struggling to come to terms with not being in the League, and Halifax. It's interesting that 9 clubs appear to operate a 'flat rate' - some, but not all of them use all-seater stadia.   

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015, 03:25:16 PM »

£10 would be an absolute steal and you would have to be certain that we would attract another 50% on the gate to break even.  £15 looks reasonable for next year
£10 would be fair for this level of football unfortunately we couldn't compete if that's what we charged it will be £15 next season anyway
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 £8.28 a goal and were being ripped off for a cuppa.....