PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clarification of segregation arrangements for Chester game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Clarification of segregation arrangements for Chester game  (Read 20194 times)

Hulme Robin

Re: Clarification of segregation arrangements for Chester game
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »

Just another example of the club not taking the FA cup seriously.

Can you name another club that would so easily give up its home advantage in such an important income generating competion?

markecky

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »

We weren't in that section for the last game against Chester, don't remember all this fuss.  

I doubt we would have been in that section anyway as last time and I'm pretty sure if we were getting drowned and there was an empty roof section we would be demanding to go in it just like Chester fans would.

Takes out any reason for Chester fans without colours to come in our end if it's torrential rain. You can have as many stewards as you want outside but if someone wants to get in incognito then they willl.

Football is changing, we may well have been baying over the wall against big away followings in the past (including Vics) but these were people in shirts and scarves and banter is what it was.

That was pre Green Street type films when these youngsters were encouraged to dress up and mob up on "away days", bring flares and smoke bombs and behave like dicks for the youtube camera.    That's the issue, not our organisation.  This behaviour is forcing us to steward games like this. It's when we do it for games that have no idiots it's frustrating and not needed in my opinion.

We're in our home end all game like most teams in this league.  People who want to stand down either side can still do so.

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 10:09:47 PM »

All it takes couple of police outside both ends and no one will go in wrong end which will happen as the club have got used to bigger games After a few years without any

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 10:26:52 PM »

Bingo - I think this says it all from Ecky. People are referring back not to the last time Chester were here but the time before, when the crowd management was totally inadequate and Chester fans got in the home end. The last time was New Years day and the organisation was a lot better, no issues off the field and we walloped them 4-1 (Mr Clee n Mr Reeves had  stormers).

Can't really see all the fuss, have police at the home turnstiles to curb any balloonheads (can't see it being an issue really), get all the Alty fans in the Golf Road end and north end of popular side and cheer the lads on.

We weren't in that section for the last game against Chester, don't remember all this fuss.  

I doubt we would have been in that section anyway as last time and I'm pretty sure if we were getting drowned and there was an empty roof section we would be demanding to go in it just like Chester fans would.

Takes out any reason for Chester fans without colours to come in our end if it's torrential rain. You can have as many stewards as you want outside but if someone wants to get in incognito then they willl.

Football is changing, we may well have been baying over the wall against big away followings in the past (including Vics) but these were people in shirts and scarves and banter is what it was.

That was pre Green Street type films when these youngsters were encouraged to dress up and mob up on "away days", bring flares and smoke bombs and behave like dicks for the youtube camera.    That's the issue, not our organisation.  This behaviour is forcing us to steward games like this. It's when we do it for games that have no idiots it's frustrating and not needed in my opinion.

We're in our home end all game like most teams in this league.  People who want to stand down either side can still do so.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2015, 07:56:31 AM »

I think we are making an issue out of nothing. The away end is the open Chequers End - end of story.
Why should home fans be inconvenience because soft away fans don't like getting wet.
Any away fans that enter the home end should be ejected from the ground.
I know two wrongs don't make a right, but we have been treated very badly over the last 15 months at some away grounds.

markecky

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 09:03:44 AM »

I think we are making an issue out of nothing. The away end is the open Chequers End - end of story.
Why should home fans be inconvenience because soft away fans don't like getting wet.
Any away fans that enter the home end should be ejected from the ground.
I know two wrongs don't make a right, but we have been treated very badly over the last 15 months at some away grounds.

I doubt the home fans were ever going to be stood up to that wall though for a game like this though anyway so it won't make much difference to the home fans.

As for just ejecting away fans from the home end then that just making a difficult task rather simple on paper.   Pretty sure that the Police don't really want to be doing that if it's at all possible and I'm not sure I want to be caught up in it either.   On games like this they have the final say on what happens.

And if it's not raining then they won't get it anyway.

I'd rather put supporter safety and try to minimise the PR damage of trouble at Alty from a families point of (that we do so well to avoid) ahead of the fact that Chester fans are singing a bit louder.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 10:46:21 AM »

Ive just had a local copoer in my cab and he reckons after a liason meeting between both clubs they expect  between 800 and 1200 chester fans with a gate that could hit 3k personally that sounds a lil ott but thats what they think.
FFS

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »

In any instance such as this, the Police will have to plan for the "worst case scenario", so although 3,000 is an unlikely gate, they will still be fully prepared for it.

Seems pretty sensible planning to me.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »

In any instance such as this, the Police will have to plan for the "worst case scenario", so although 3,000 is an unlikely gate, they will still be fully prepared for it.

Seems pretty sensible planning to me.
i agree that they will bring 800 maybe a bit more no idea where they get 3 thousand crowd from

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »

I agree, looking at it realistically we will probably get a crowd in the region of 2,000-2,500. However, as the potential exists for a crowd of 3,000 (even though it's unlikely), they would have to incorporate that into their planning procedure.

Nobody on here predicted we'd get 4,500 for the playoff final, but it happened. The police (and probably "the club") would get absolutely slaughtered if they only planned for 2,000 and a much bigger crowd turned up, bringing with it potential problems beyond their planned resources.

Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 12:57:43 PM »

Don't forget no United no City playing on Saturday

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 01:24:59 PM »

What's the policy regarding away supporters and the Community Sports Hall?

As the main stand will be unsegregated, Chester fans would be able to access the CSH.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alex

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:48 PM »

As the main stand will be unsegregated, Chester fans would be able to access the CSH.

Isn't that the point of the divider in the CSH so that it can be segregated and used by two different fan groups on a match day?

bighairedmike

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »

Isn't that the point of the divider in the CSH so that it can be segregated and used by two different fan groups on a match day?

We've already given them half of the pop side and now you want to give them half of the bar? What do you want to do, ruin the club? You're just giving them an advantage!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:11:06 PM by George Heslops Moustache »

GB Alty

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2015, 06:38:55 PM »

I agree, looking at it realistically we will probably get a crowd in the region of 2,000-2,500. However, as the potential exists for a crowd of 3,000 (even though it's unlikely), they would have to incorporate that into their planning procedure.

Nobody on here predicted we'd get 4,500 for the playoff final, but it happened. The police (and probably "the club") would get absolutely slaughtered if they only planned for 2,000 and a much bigger crowd turned up, bringing with it potential problems beyond their planned resources.

the crowd will be more like 1,600. They will have about 600
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clarification of segregation arrangements for Chester game