PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BBC Highlights
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: BBC Highlights  (Read 12238 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BBC Highlights
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 02:47:54 AM »

Think we should also say thank you to Alty TV for there coverage of the goal.
The mobile BBC were changing their battery when the goal went in!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 08:02:06 AM »

New video just gone up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34633094

Hell's teeth, that presenter is annoying!

Actually, in fairness at first I thought it was going to be a bit Lee Nelson wicked check out dose floodlights and tings man but he had quite a nice manner about him I thought. Respectful, not condescending and genuinely enthusiastic and enjoyed it.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »

Rather than filming our chair serving pints at half time, our club's principles would've been better represented by George Heslop addressing the neo liberal agenda at the dark heart of Ashley Mowers subversive influence on Radio Robins.
The Alty insiders at the BBC would never allow this.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »

Did we get this after fcum rather self righteously turned it down?....and how much did we make out of it?
I think we should thank fcum for turning down the history of being the first mobile motd...the publicity and money.....
Did anyone ask fcums lowly opponents what they wanted?..

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »

I think they turned it down as did who ever they were playing because they were asked to change kickoff time which is fair enough for 500 quid

LymmRobin

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »

Rather than filming our chair serving pints at half time, our club's principles would've been better represented by George Heslop addressing the neo liberal agenda at the dark heart of Ashley Mowers subversive influence on Radio Robins.

Corbyn's Britain! 

robins1978

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »

New video just gone up

Actually, in fairness at first I thought it was going to be a bit Lee Nelson wicked check out dose floodlights and tings man but he had quite a nice manner about him I thought. Respectful, not condescending and genuinely enthusiastic and enjoyed it.

Considering he filmed it himself on a mobile phone (hence the title of the 9 minute video) I thought it was quite a well made video, a bit different, refreshing and good publicity for both clubs, us more as we were at home. I chatted to him a bit in the 2nd half. He was amazed when I said I didnt support any other club higher up the football pyramid. Also surprised that I had been going to watch The Robins since 1978. Nick himself is an Arsenal fan and was saying tickets their are getting out of hand as the Bayern fans tried to tell the world last week by boycotting the first 10 minutes of the Champions League game (although only they would suffer, probably best not going at all and leave the seats empty all game! Nick and his co BBC colleagues were a decent set of footy fans who happen to work for the BBC and welcome back anytime for me!

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 05:19:21 PM »

Corbyn's Britain! 
Corbyn's Britain let's hope so

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 05:42:31 PM »

Corbyn's Britain! 
Corbyn's Britain let's hope so

Chicken suppers all round Jim?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 05:53:36 PM »

If we've any food left once North Korea or any other ligitimate or otherwise nuclear state occupies us after Jeremy's lets just have a hug and hope it's alright approach falls down..

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 05:58:43 PM »

Sun reading figgy you do talk bollocks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:02:44 PM by Jimmy »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 10:27:17 PM »

If we've any food left once North Korea or any other ligitimate or otherwise nuclear state occupies us after Jeremy's lets just have a hug and hope it's alright approach falls down..

At least their leader is a huge football fan...............I believe he scored the winning goal in North Korea's 2014 world cup victory over the USA and received a hero's welcome back in Pyongyang

Some cannot remember which team they support  ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:32:05 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2015, 11:44:28 PM »

New video just gone up

Considering he filmed it himself on a mobile phone (hence the title of the 9 minute video) I thought it was quite a well made video, a bit different, refreshing and good publicity for both clubs, us more as we were at home. I chatted to him a bit in the 2nd half. He was amazed when I said I didnt support any other club higher up the football pyramid. Also surprised that I had been going to watch The Robins since 1978. Nick himself is an Arsenal fan and was saying tickets their are getting out of hand as the Bayern fans tried to tell the world last week by boycotting the first 10 minutes of the Champions League game (although only they would suffer, probably best not going at all and leave the seats empty all game! Nick and his co BBC colleagues were a decent set of footy fans who happen to work for the BBC and welcome back anytime for me!

That's nice to hear. As Ballers says above when I started watching I thought be'd be a proper knob but he was alright.

Also, George Bowerman has some female fans in North East London...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 07:26:05 AM »

I think they turned it down as did who ever they were playing because they were asked to change kickoff time which is fair enough for 500 quid
I really wonder if the BBC did ask them to change the kick-off time at such short notice. Anyway their loss, Alty's gain.
They really should be beating teams like us

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »

I can't see what they did here that would have necessitated a kick off change, particularly one that would have clashed with the Manchester derby!!

However, given the cameras at Khalsa and the coverage of it on last nights draw I suspect the original plan would've been a bit grander (and more intrusive)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BBC Highlights