PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Torquay - MATCH THREAD  (Read 13572 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 07:24:50 PM »

Glad we got a point. We could/should have won it in a better second half. We were dire in the first 45 mins and if we play like that next Sat we will get stuffed.

Bowerman is idle and Jordon Sinnot want to grab his dad and get him to show him how to put in a tackle.

Torquay's midfielder Richards should have been booked in the first half for constant niggling fouls. He continued to do that in the second half. Also their keeper should also have been cautioned for constant time wasting but yet again we get another weak ref who didnt have the bollocks to officiate the game properly.  I have said this many times but officials in this league are of a poor quality generally.
Crowther was good when he came on and the regular consistant lads had their normal good games.
(You all know who they are)...
Message for the manager. If you continually refuse to play the young subs, then release them and let them seek a club who will give them a game.. You are deceiving us fans by saying you have a squad of 19 because you havent because you refuse to let them come on for a stint (other than Heathcote) .. You need to strengthen the squad or it will be trips to bloody Harrogate again..

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »

Can't understand why we keep playing Jordon at right back , we have a player on the bench who should be given a chance to play centre back in Heatcote, and play Scott at right back , we can't be any worse off .

Trouty

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 07:46:53 PM »

Awful first half but much better second half thou some players seemed to have their minds on next weeks game already as very simple passes were messed up by normally very reliable players.

Strange decision to take Bowerman off and not Lawrie (Not that Bowerman was playing well just better than Lawrie) and whats the point in having the youngsters sat on the bench if they are not going to be used, if only for the last few minutes to get some fresh legs on when some players are obviously knackered.

I did think there was a foul in the build up to Torquays goal.
Almost every goal kick went straight to there No 5 who seemed to win everything in the air.

Nice to have Crowther back as he looked to take people on and did look threatening, something we lacked in the first half.

Overall just about happy with a point as its a game we could quite easily have lost.

roytonmike

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 07:58:41 PM »

If I'm brutally honest, for an hour it looked like a half-hearted non-performance by players with more than half an eye on next week. Then on came a player with a case to make for inclusion next Saturday, and bang! we looked interested. Torquay's defence was easily rattled; a player whose impact on the game had been negligible suddenly produced a superb strike for the equaliser; we ended up playing against 10 for reasons which I certainly wasn't aware of; and we went close to winning a game we wouldn't have deserved to. At the moment any points we get are very welcome, given the injury problems (any news as to why Nicky Clee was missing?), but I for one am amazed (and grateful!) that we're still four points above 21st place. There will come a moment when one or more of the youngsters has to be blooded, but I wouldn't want to change the back four for now, to be honest. Here's hoping the number of senior players available for Saturday is at least no less than today, and preferably up by one or two.   

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 09:17:41 PM »

Re the Red Card the reason being quoted around the area of the dugouts was that he had pushed the referee in a non accidental manner.

This is apparently his second dismissal for this "crime" so he may well be watching for a while if this is indeed the case

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 11:10:17 PM »

Can't understand why we keep playing Jordon at right back , we have a player on the bench who should be given a chance to play centre back in Heatcote, and play Scott at right back , we can't be any worse off .

You must be bonkers, take one of the best centre halfs around and replace him with an inexperienced 18 yr old and then play him at RB when Jordan has done well there and has got better with each game.

Please take your blinkers off !

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 11:14:24 PM »

Re the Red Card the reason being quoted around the area of the dugouts was that he had pushed the referee in a non accidental manner.

This is apparently his second dismissal for this "crime" so he may well be watching for a while if this is indeed the case

Apparently he pushed one of his own team mates in a violent manner in view of the ref. Then when he got back into their dressing room and saw his room-mate whom he pushed it kicked off again! Their RB N0 2 I think.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 11:17:07 PM »

Hopefully no new injuries picked up.Clee doesnt seem to be able to manage more than a couple of games before getting injured.

Same injury, he's had another groin injection. Maybe OK for next saturday.

taxi Phil

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2015, 11:42:57 PM »

Apparently he pushed one of his own team mates in a violent manner in view of the ref. Then when he got back into their dressing room and saw his room-mate whom he pushed it kicked off again! Their RB N0 2 I think.
Bet the coach ride home was entertaining !

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2015, 11:53:51 PM »

You must be bonkers, take one of the best centre halfs around and replace him with an inexperienced 18 yr old and then play him at RB when Jordan has done well there and has got better with each game.

Please take your blinkers off !
though that is a good point to not play heathcote against kiddy when we were down to 2 fit defenders was wrong

brian1925

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 07:27:32 AM »

Ironically, I felt that their number 2 and number 10 were exactly the players we need in our team - though preferably not at the same time.
For our part, there's no way on this Earth I'd break Luca and Scott up right now. Jordan at right back is not ideal obviously, but he is doing his best under the circumstances. Would love some sort of update on the injuries, as a fit Ranks today would have destroyed those two Torquay centre backs.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:31:25 AM by brian1925 »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 07:45:32 AM »

Jordan did really well again yesterday at RB and made some very good tackles and his distribution was good too. He has definitely improved a lot and is well worth his place now.

bumble

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »

Even if we had Luca and Marshall/Parry

I wouldn't play Scott at RB. We miss Dens mores ability to go forward, and I think Jordan has the pace to overlap, and to deliver better than scott.

Jimmy

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 09:43:21 AM »

Jordan did really well again yesterday at RB and made some very good tackles and his distribution was good too. He has definitely improved a lot and is well worth his place now.

he played ok the goal was from his side he probably should play at right back but that's more to do with the poor balance of squad than how well he has done

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 10:18:42 AM »

I'm not having a go at Jordon for the sake of it he does his best in the situation , it was just an idea , pardon me for the suggestion .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay - MATCH THREAD