PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: FGR - Match Thread  (Read 32468 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FGR - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2015, 08:39:07 PM »

Don't know mate, I'm not a football manager, you asked what defenders were free agents that weren't from Ashton United
have you sent the list to the manager

O holy one

Sent it to the manager?? We're Altrincham FC not Atlantic timber FC

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2015, 08:42:41 PM »

According to the FGR stewards, they wanted the match postponed due the to poor surface and bad weather, but our management team pushed for it to go ahead - probably partly due to the dreadful thought of having to go back there on a Tuesday night in Feb. The heavy rain and wind were relentless for the whole game. It suited FGR more due to the size of their players. This ref was dreadful, got many decisions wrong including a certain penalty for us and two others that I would have given. As well as being card happy, he gave no consideration to a surface that was arguably just about playable with both sets of players sliding all over the pitch chasing a ball controlled more by the wind. I thought we tried our passing game and gave our best and were beaten by a physically bigger side, the elements and really sH** officiating. To make things worse, we are now two more players short for next week.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:46:30 PM by RedhillAlty »

Bath Alty

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »

Evenin' Redhill, I was the chap in the Alty coat stood with you chatting to the stewards - nice to put a face to a user name!

Sheffield_Alty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »

Sam Heathcote will not be good enough, not good enough in the conference (Macc away and wrexham away) so will not be good enough for LG1 opponents. Need to get new CB, stupidity of the absolute highest order for 2 of our players to be sent off a week before our biggest game of the last two decades. Colchester are clearly woeful at the back (we aren't much better) and whilst we may well score, its a question of how many we may well concede. BTTS seems a safe bet for next sunday

on the positive side, not in the relegation zone and unlike Colchester we have a manager

GB Alty

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »

Don't know mate, I'm not a football manager, you asked what defenders were free agents that weren't from Ashton United
have you sent the list to the manager

O holy one

Sent it to the manager?? We're Altrincham FC not Atlantic timber FC
I would go with Heathcote, but you dont trust that? You dont trust the manager?

Heathcote was signed on as cover at the start of the season, given a squad number as well

Is that not good enough for you?

Do you back the manager when he wants to run with a 18 man squad or not?

Jimmy

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »

Sam Heathcote will not be good enough, not good enough in the conference (Macc away and wrexham away) so will not be good enough for LG1 opponents. Need to get new CB, stupidity of the absolute highest order for 2 of our players to be sent off a week before our biggest game of the last two decades. Colchester are clearly woeful at the back (we aren't much better) and whilst we may well score, its a question of how many we may well concede. BTTS seems a safe bet for next sunday

on the positive side, not in the relegation zone and unlike Colchester we have a manager
i was led to believe heathcote didn't play defence against Wrexham id not go so will stand corrected if wrong

Bath Alty

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »

I wouldn't blame Josh, he was going for one of many sliding tackles in the game and had slid a couple of yards before he made contact in a non-violent or dangerous way with their overreacting idiot.  I agree with you in Luca's case though

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2015, 09:18:36 PM »

The list of players is helpful - but how many of them are part-time?

I am not sure Benoit Assou-Ekotto is a postman by day

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »

Neil Webb was a postman when he came out of the pro game

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2015, 09:24:09 PM »

The players were  told not to let the FA cup distract them and they clearly didn't.

The staggering thing is Haverns red.  Its been coming.  Never have I seen a defender hold/pull shirts as much.

Heathcote played rw at Wrexham

Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »

i was led to believe heathcote didn't play defence against Wrexham id not go so will stand corrected if wrong
your right Jimmy, played on the right wing that game

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2015, 12:09:00 AM »

According to the FGR stewards, they wanted the match postponed due the to poor surface and bad weather, but our management team pushed for it to go ahead - probably partly due to the dreadful thought of having to go back there on a Tuesday night in Feb. The heavy rain and wind were relentless for the whole game. It suited FGR more due to the size of their players. This ref was dreadful, got many decisions wrong including a certain penalty for us and two others that I would have given. As well as being card happy, he gave no consideration to a surface that was arguably just about playable with both sets of players sliding all over the pitch chasing a ball controlled more by the wind. I thought we tried our passing game and gave our best and were beaten by a physically bigger side, the elements and really sH** officiating. To make things worse, we are now two more players short for next week.

As said in another post. Good to put a face to a name.
I thought today we made some good chances, but didn't put them away.
The ref was poor, we should have had more than one penalty.
The trip in the box, and the continuous shirt pulling by their No 16.
Think Scott Leather would have something to say about that!!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2015, 12:50:18 AM »

"What, Alty fans moaning? Never. Most obnoxious fans within the Non league system."

The FGR viewpoint:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57501

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:52:03 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2015, 10:12:28 AM »

"Present company excepted".

GB Alty

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2015, 12:50:01 PM »

"What, Alty fans moaning? Never. Most obnoxious fans within the Non league system."

The FGR viewpoint:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57501

unfortunately this is the perception other clubs have of us - comes from our righteous attitude and always complaining about other teams money
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FGR - Match Thread