PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 36165 times)

York Alty

Re: Tonight
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »

eightiesrobin

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 10:54:07 PM »

That was as depressing as anything I've seen in the last 2 years. How many chances were spurned tonight? How often was the man in possession in the box facing the wrong way? How many touches do the players want? Why is the passing so slow, and why does most of it go backwards or across? Then resorting to hoofball late on. Genuine relegation candidates unless something changes IMO.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 10:58:02 PM »

The only good thing to come from tonight is now having o'keefe back for Chester at home. But I do hope we see some reinforcements come New Year's Day. Next Tuesday is a must win game, we cannot look a gift horse in the mouth for the third year running in the FA trophy.

VofD

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 11:00:47 PM »

And how many times did Lawrie give the ball away.That is the trouble with no competition for places, duffers play week in, week out. >:(

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 11:01:05 PM »

Okeefe was back for Chester anyway unless he got 4 games

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 11:06:31 PM »

Correct jimmy, he'll be available next Tuesday 

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 11:07:51 PM »

The only good thing to come from tonight is now having o'keefe back for Chester at home. But I do hope we see some reinforcements come New Year's Day. Next Tuesday is a must win game, we cannot look a gift horse in the mouth for the third year running in the FA trophy.
pete you are spot on with non of the top teams interested we in theory should be one of the favourites

eightiesrobin

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »

I admire your optimism.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 11:30:21 PM »

Should have put it to bed when we were in front. Insulting crowd for a cup we are supposed to hold dear to our hearts. Going to be a very tedious evening in Warwickshire next Tuesday. But make no mistake it is a game we need to win. A place in the last 16 via beating a southern league side then an isthmian league side is about as good as you can ask for. Let's hope we can put a shift in next week, where we'll be up against it.

Yes crowd very poor tonight, but maybe my mate at work sums up the issue

He lives in Sale and was going to come along and asked me how much - when I said its the usual £14 he said "I am not paying that to watch a team from the Ryman in a cup game" and then added that the previous FAT games he had been to were dissappointing in terms of performances

Just relaying an opinion here
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 11:40:26 PM »

I have seen many a post over the last few months on the forum expressing the wish of "maybe bringing a few players in" .....for.... (Then add).....for the next league game / FA cup / to replace lack of midfield, defence etc / campaign in New Year etc

So far we have not replaced Marshall or Griffith - maybe for reasons we don't know - but I am not checking the website everday for news of loans

Our bench is so weak at the moment it is starting to impact on results more than it should
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 11:45:44 PM »

Should have put it to bed when we were in front. Insulting crowd for a cup we are supposed to hold dear to our hearts. Going to be a very tedious evening in Warwickshire next Tuesday. But make no mistake it is a game we need to win. A place in the last 16 via beating a southern league side then an isthmian league side is about as good as you can ask for. Let's hope we can put a shift in next week, where we'll be up against it.

Yes crowd very poor tonight, but maybe my mate at work sums up the issue

He lives in Sale and was going to come along and asked me how much - when I said its the usual £14 he said "I am not paying that to watch a team from the Ryman in a cup game" and then added that the previous FAT games he had been to were dissappointing in terms of performances

Just relaying an opinion here

I'd certainly agree, we shouldn't have been charging full price. No Premier League or European football tonight offered an opportunity to get a few through the gate at a tempting discounted price. Also a nice touch to offer the regulars a bit of respite after paying the full price week in, week out.

I also don't understand why we insist on opening all sides of the ground when we have such small crowds. Same goes for CSC games. It just encourages dispersion and ruins any small chance of creating a bit of atmosphere. Away end should have been closed to spectators.

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 11:57:04 PM »

I don't think we get the option of cutting prices....FA regulations.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 11:59:56 PM »

I have seen many a post over the last few months on the forum expressing the wish of "maybe bringing a few players in" .....for.... (Then add).....for the next league game / FA cup / to replace lack of midfield, defence etc / campaign in New Year etc

So far we have not replaced Marshall or Griffith - maybe for reasons we don't know - but I am not checking the website everday for news of loans

Our bench is so weak at the moment it is starting to impact on results more than it should

By my reckoning, there have been two loan players here in the past 2 and a half seasons - Andy Parry and Joe Mwasile, both of whom lasted about 7 games.

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 12:22:42 AM »

Colchester cut theirs for the game against us did they not?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 01:01:27 AM »

Yes, someone once came on here and clarified this for us.............you certainly cannot cut the admission prices without the away clubs consent and you might not be allowed to do it at all ..............so you are stuck with the prices ..............my point wasn't to be critical of the club or the pricing policy, but to point out one possible reason why only 355 turned up tonight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight