PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 36167 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2015, 11:32:57 PM »

My worry is that clubs around us will/are bringing players in, I hope we don't sit on our hands just hoping  the injuries clear up and hope we don't get anymore long term injuries.  I believe if we had  supplemented the squad by bringing in a couple of players either loaners  or otherwise earlier, we would now be in a more secure position in the league which would have taken the pressure off the players a little. I do have a concern that the rest of this season is going to be difficult.

I don't think relying on the likes of Nicky Clee  having magical 30 minute cameo roles will be enough. I would rather see Nicky get fully recovered and giving us 90 minutes.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2015, 12:46:41 AM »

My worry is that clubs around us will/are bringing players in, I hope we don't sit on our hands just hoping  the injuries clear up and hope we don't get anymore long term injuries.  I believe if we had  supplemented the squad by bringing in a couple of players either loaners  or otherwise earlier, we would now be in a more secure position in the league which would have taken the pressure off the players a little. I do have a concern that the rest of this season is going to be difficult.

I don't think relying on the likes of Nicky Clee  having magical 30 minute cameo roles will be enough. I would rather see Nicky get fully recovered and giving us 90 minutes.

I know what you are saying Ray.
It's all down to the manager. I'm sure if he wants money, it would be available.
Do we trust the manager?
We have had the debate before.
Me personally, yes I do.
On Nicky, for what I understand , he will be having his operation in the New a Year.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2015, 01:48:04 AM »

It's all down to the manager. I'm sure if he wants money, it would be available.
Do we trust the manager?
Me personally, yes I do.
On Nicky, for what I understand , he will be having his operation in the New a Year.

What's the tune?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

York Alty

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2015, 07:41:53 AM »

Do we trust the manager?
Me personally, yes I do.

What's the tune?

Sweet Home Alabama

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2015, 07:56:51 AM »

[quote autho ;Dr=Paul Cain's Chip Pan link=topic=20895.msg242782#msg242782 date=1450370026]
There's no need to keep proving it....

F*****G Saddo, you are.   ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Thanks muchly. x
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2015, 11:57:44 AM »

Also, why does Crowther always only play 60-70 minutes. Is there some rule that he and Clee can't be in the pitch at the same time and / or Lawrie can't be taken off?

He should be fit enough to last 90 and play in the right if necessary.

I like Lawrie and think by and large he's had a good season but when he does go missing he doesn't resurface. I'd have taken him off at Colchester.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »

Also, why does Crowther always only play 60-70 minutes. Is there some rule that he and Clee can't be in the pitch at the same time and / or Lawrie can't be taken off?

I like Lawrie and think by and large he's had a good season but when he does go missing he doesn't resurface. I'd have taken him off at Colchester.

Gareth, we should rename Lawrie.. Red October..   ;)

Jimmy

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »

i think with crowther it's the managers choice not to play them both at the same time

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2015, 01:20:13 PM »

To some degree both Lawrie and Crowther are luxury players if you know what I mean, neither are too good defensively but both can and do create something out of nothing.

Sometimes Crowther gets read well and dealt with by defenders which is why he gets taken off plus he hasnt been consistently fit. Nicky rarely gets read by defenders.

We miss Nicky as he gave us the skill and usually lasted close to 90mins, but I can see him becoming an impact playermuch more in future due to his age etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight