PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tranmere - match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tranmere - match thread  (Read 20188 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tranmere - match thread
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »

Forget the name of the club we were playing, that was points thrown away again. By far the better team yet a defensive slip and no potency upfront has seen us lose 0-1 again. We'll go down gallantly at this rate, need additions next week, we've gifted Tranmere three points as we haven't enough creativity orcfirepower to respond when we go behind... Can't sit on our hands, we need to freshen things up.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »

Agreed, I had the same thoughts after the Cheltenham game. I hope there are new recruits coming in next week, if there aren't due to lack of funds, I think we should at least be told. You can't fault the lads for trying but maybe something different is required.

VofD

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »

16 corners  ???

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »

If we don't bring in some more options we are going down. Once again we go a goal behind and go on to lose, relying on an unfit winger to try and change something. That being said, we probably did enough to win the game in the second half. Bar one or two breakaways I thought we were by far the better side and most definitely deserved a point.

272 there today and lots of noise, a positive.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »

16 corners  ???

Good job we're mint at them.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 05:24:24 PM »

Forget the name of the club we were playing, that was points thrown away again. By far the better team yet a defensive slip and no potency upfront has seen us lose 0-1 again. We'll go down gallantly at this rate, need additions next week, we've gifted Tranmere three points as we haven't enough creativity orcfirepower to respond when we go behind... Can't sit on our hands, we need to freshen things up.

Same old pattern really

Play well and lose because we make one mistake, create loads and loads and finish nothing

Very disappointed  after today. (Ref did not help either)

We need our luck to turn and a few go in off backsides etc because we are at least creating chances
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:40:21 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »

We are competitive though. I'm dying on the sofa but it seemed that we had more than half the possession and we weren;t just passing across the back.

The real test comes at Chester. We did them twice kast year so it will be interesting to see if things have chanhed

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 06:11:25 PM »

Yes we were competitive, yes we were the better side, but a couple of genuine fresh threats off the bench would have won us the game today. They are the answer to turning these valiant defeats into points.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 06:13:34 PM »

We started brightly for 10 minutes.  After that we were dreadful, lumping balls up to Rankine,  who won nothing against McNulty.

Whole game  changed when Clee replaced Rankine  (who I thought was abysmal at best) & Lawrie played behind Reeves.

Whether we get new faces in or not we have to beat Chester.
Full time and proud of it

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »

Two up front - check
Played nice stuff - check
Gave good account - check
Clee on after an hour - check
Bowerman on with five mins left - check
Spunked several chances - check
Lost 1-0 - check

Now do you believe me?

Edit to add - defensive error - check.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 06:51:55 PM »

As said, that was 3 points on just the second half alone. Not sure about the McNulty/ Rankine comment as deliberately or not Reeves played to the left of the two front positions and therefore was marked by McNulty. If we had been comprehensively turned over you can walk away with your hands up, I walked away gutted we didn't get at LEAST a point

I really hope we have that kind of second half performance in the locker for Chester.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 07:11:34 PM »

Don't know how he played but Reevsie hardly got a mention today. Rankines mentions all seemed to be about having his shirt pulled. The pair of them need to click if we're going to improve the goals for colomn

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 07:39:08 PM »

Don't know how he played but Reevsie hardly got a mention today. Rankines mentions all seemed to be about having his shirt pulled. The pair of them need to click if we're going to improve the goals for colomn
this comment isn't about today because I didn't go,but sometimes they do ok together it's the destruction behind them because we're a man short in midfield,but maybe today was different
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:44:43 PM by Jimmy »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 07:44:51 PM »

We dominated that game as soon as crowther went to the right, clee on the left James Lawrie in the hole. On another day we'd have scored at least one, probably more. We look so much better with the extra body in the midfield , allowing Jake to play deeper and start the attacks instead of a shovel up by a defender. Scott Leather has been brilliant for us, but that was his fault today for the goal, and he was also at fault for all three goals at Colchester. I hope this is a temporary blip in form.
Same formation as we finished the game to start against Chester please.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 07:48:49 PM »

We need Dens back as soon possible , because of sinnott being out on a limb , not blaming him totally , but Scott is trying to cover for him and getting pulled out of position to much , how we got nothing from today is unbelievable, we have to start putting the chances away .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tranmere - match thread