PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Chester (away) - Match Thread  (Read 57270 times)

GB Alty

Re: Chester (away) - Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »

I think the problem is our management team are looking for an ideal player. Somebody who adds something drastically to our team.

But because we've been waiting for that player, or those player to come in, we've done some serious damage to other players.

isn't that bad managment Jack?

bumble

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2016, 01:27:33 PM »

I think the problem is our management team are looking for an ideal player. Somebody who adds something drastically to our team.

But because we've been waiting for that player, or those player to come in, we've done some serious damage to other players.

With hindsight, yes. However, I think had we brought in poor players it'd have been as a waste of money - Look at what happened when we brought in Higginbotham

Borrowing Marple's quote.

And also, just to clarify - I still think the current management team are the right ones to take us forward. I don't think I'm too comfortable with one or two people using this topic as a stick to beat them with.

GB Alty

« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »

With hindsight, yes. However, I think had we brought in poor players it'd have been as a waste of money - Look at what happened when we brought in Higginbotham

Borrowing Marple's quote.

And also, just to clarify - I still think the current management team are the right ones to take us forward. I don't think I'm too comfortable with one or two people using this topic as a stick to beat them with.
you point out that we've done serious damage to some of our players and agree that is bad managment. Yet you still think current managment team are the right ones to take us forward. Why do you think that? And where do you think they can take us forward to?

I honestly want to understand

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2016, 02:29:12 PM »

These ad hominem attacks on Lee Sinnott need to stop - they serve no purpose other than to be destructive and damaging to morale.

It is clear we need to reinforce, and it is clear that for a number of reasons (I expect) we are not very good at this.

These reasons may include:-

- a poorly developed player scouting / coaching network
- limitations of being a part time club in a (primarily, for our target player pool) full time world
- requiring a certain style of player to fit into our system
- our policy of not paying transfer fees
- budget or cash flow constraints

There may well be others - but I am sure they would not include the incompetence or malevolence of the management team.   For one thing, I would be amazed if Lee Sinnott set the fiscal policy of Altrincham Football Club, and therefore has to work within constraints that we are unaware of. 

We are a club with a set of leaders (board and management) who clearly demonstrate they care about this club; as do we, the fan base and as do the players.  As an aside I imagine that (for example) Nicky playing whilst injured was to some extent his choice and part of his love for the club.  But whilst being wholly committed, we are limited in our ability otherwise the board would have done a White / Swales and moved on to bigger things, as would the management.  I know we are all frustrated with events currently but we need to stick with the leadership we have got - they have got us this far, we are not disloyal enough to dump them at the very first sign of difficulty.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2016, 02:30:26 PM »

Life isnt perfect Jamie. It's all a matter of judgement and risk. We have an excellent Physio and management team, I trust their judgement, so should you.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

These ad hominem attacks on Lee Sinnott need to stop - they serve no purpose other than to be destructive and damaging to morale.

It is clear we need to reinforce, and it is clear that for a number of reasons (I expect) we are not very good at this.

- limitations of being a part time club in a (primarily, for our target player pool) full time world

There may well be others - but I am sure they would not include the incompetence or malevolence of the management team.   For one thing, I would be amazed if Lee Sinnott set the fiscal policy of Altrincham Football Club, and therefore has to work within constraints that we are unaware of. 

We are a club with a set of leaders (board and management) who clearly demonstrate they care about this club; as do we, the fan base and as do the players.  As an aside I imagine that (for example) Nicky playing whilst injured was to some extent his choice and part of his love for the club.  But whilst being wholly committed, we are limited in our ability otherwise the board would have done a White / Swales and moved on to bigger things, as would the management.  I know we are all frustrated with events currently but we need to stick with the leadership we have got - they have got us this far, we are not disloyal enough to dump them at the very first sign of difficulty.

+10 The most sensible post I have read in ages.

roytonmike

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2016, 02:40:55 PM »

I wholeheartedly second Pukka Pieman's remark and commend ManagementGuru for his post. One other factor may be worth mentioning regarding recruitment issues, namely that if a player is brought in on loan from a League club it has been known for a condition of that loan to be that he will participate in a given number of games during the loan period and sometimes for a given amount of time within such games. That kind of constraint, if still extant, is something we would surely wish to avoid.   

GB Alty

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2016, 02:50:16 PM »

I wholeheartedly second Pukka Pieman's remark and commend ManagementGuru for his post. One other factor may be worth mentioning regarding recruitment issues, namely that if a player is brought in on loan from a League club it has been known for a condition of that loan to be that he will participate in a given number of games during the loan period and sometimes for a given amount of time within such games. That kind of constraint, if still extant, is something we would surely wish to avoid.   
why do some people constantly think up more and more extravagant excuses why we havent signed any players, it really is quite embarrissing to read. Basically your saying we can't compete at this level, and thats insulting to the people who run the club and supporters who travel and spend a lot of money. No wonder I'm losing interest, I really can't be bothered anymore.

People like you would be happier back in the North league and I can't stick it any longer. We have cup money but still can't attract any players, stop the excuses management has no contacts and that will be our downfall

Enough of this

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »

Given I live in the South, why would I be happy to be back in the North league?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »

100% great post
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bumble

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2016, 04:51:39 PM »

If we'd brought a winger in, or a CB, the positions we've needed all season - they would have played anyway - not due to contract requirements - but because they were needed.

Jimmy

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »

And a right back

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2016, 05:31:37 PM »

100% great post

Agreed also

andrewflynn

« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »

As much as I think he likes to troll at times, I continue to agree with Ham here.

For months now we've been filling out the first team squad with players who, quite frankly, wouldn't be good enough at Evo-Stik level. For the life of me I can't figure out why more people aren't seriously concerned with that.

I've openly said that the nucleus of our squad is League quality, but those same players are being run into the ground because there is no alternate option to them. Look at the time Shaun Densmore has had to spend out because he was rushed back, the same can be said of Michael Rankine. Look at what we've had to ask of Nicky Clee.

We've tried to wing it like we did last season, where we were really quite lucky with injuries and suspensions, and it has come back to haunt us completely.

No viable alternatives being brought in to combat our problems, despite a pretty decent cup run and a consistent revenue stream in the CSH, falls completely on the shoulders of the management and the club.

If we don't act now, (we should have acted months ago), then it absolutely stinks of consolidation. Better to go down doing all we can than to just turn up at places with 18 year olds on the bench who may as well not have brought their boots with them.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2016, 06:48:06 PM »

Luca and Adam Griffin also look out of condition, and Scott Leather's confidence is pissing away with every game it seems. Bowerman is this year's Gillespie, and like Capitano says, the youths may as well stay at home.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:50:57 PM by eightiesrobin »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester (away) - Match Thread