PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Match OFF  (Read 14227 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match OFF
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 07:44:54 PM »

Never playable in a month of Sunday's. Plainly obvious they thought they'd chance it and hope to beat us on a pudding of a pitch with us having a couple of injuries. Complete discourtesy to Altrincham football club after dragging us down there last week already. The game should be played next Tuesday at moss lane but I understand it will again be at Leamington again. How they are ever going to dry that pitch out I don't know. I'm a bit old school in my thinking towards pitches and what's playable, that most certainly isn't and never was, the lack of afternoon inspection is at best incompetent.  

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »

I'm yet to encounter a playable pitch due to water after one day, Frost or snow obviously but this ludicrous. If we travelled again plus the fans the bill should be paid. Bunch of amateurs. Do they want us to throw it?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 09:01:29 PM »

Not that surprised though after they proudly showed a photo of some farmer chucking sand on it. It isn't 1975.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 09:09:41 PM »

Leamington now blame apportioning,suggesting we "didn't fancy it" because reeves isn't fit. The fact that we agreed to move the game 24hrs at absolutely no notice seems to have passed them by on that one. This quote by a local journo quoting their manager leaves a very  sour taste as we trudge back up the M6

"@couriersported

.@LeamingtonFC just held a 90-minute training session on the New Windmill pitch. Paul Holleran: "That tells you what you need to know."

They trained in the middle area of the pitch which was ok, a game isn't played in a 20 yard area, very very poor that from Leamington

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »

Surely the ref called it?
Full time and proud of it

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »

I was watching them train before I left to return home and thought they were doing it to prove a point. They were solely in an area way down the pitch that looked OK and keeping well clear of the quicksand at the bar end of the pitch. A total farce from start to end.

I'm going next week because I am stubborn like that. Part of me wants to knock it on the head after 2 wasted journeys but no chance.

All the people I chatted to at their club was really welcoming to be honest and well done to the volunteers who helped try and fix the pitch. Shame it's now appearing their management are showing bad form trying to blame us.

.@LeamingtonFC just held a 90-minute training session on the New Windmill pitch. Paul Holleran: "That tells you what you need to know."

They trained in the middle area of the pitch which was ok, a game isn't played in a 20 yard area, very very poor that from Leamington
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:30:54 PM by ShropshireAlty »

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 09:30:00 PM »

He did indeed. Confirmed by several people including the two players I spoke to.
Surely the ref called it?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 09:37:53 PM »

Gutted for you that travelled today.
I went last week, l know how you feel.
There has to be questions answered.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 09:58:25 PM »

Training on an already inadequate pitch, who are we dealing with here? What muppets. Starting to understand why the ex league clubs in our league don't want to be involved with park teams like this despite the kudos of a Wembley trip.

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »

Have a funny feeling it will all work out in our favour, we will smash them 5-0 next week (or whenever the game takes place)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 10:12:33 PM »

We've a week to organise ourselves, we need to get down there in numbers for next Tuesday. Book your half days now, we'll be well
Up against it, on the pitch and by the pitch itself. Let's get down there and get this tedious affair won.

roytonmike

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 10:13:53 PM »

Those of a certain age may agree with me that since this is now a complete farce it should be transferred to the Whitehall Theatre forthwith.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 10:41:49 PM »

According to the FA, Tuesday, 12 January 2016...

Leamington v Altrincham

So Wrexham will be off
@AltyDaz

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 12:21:40 AM »

I thought the guy in the gate was joking when he told me it's off again. Unbelievable.

It's now here same time next Tuesday if the pitch is actually playable.

Anyone who went tonight deserves a medal and recompense from them in my view.

I suggest we start a tab for the bar on saturday for anyone who went tonight, I will contribute to it so at least they get a free drink this weekend for their loyalty and commitment.
Anyone else want to join me?

That's very kind of you Pukka .

Me and B4D made it down there so mines a double brandy on Saturday and whatever Brian's on !

Hamilton

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 12:23:54 AM »

Despite obvious great efforts from volunteers, the photos show the pitch was nowhere near playable. Sadly, a Leamington f***-up!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF