PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Match OFF  (Read 14277 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match OFF
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 12:27:29 AM »

According to the FA, Tuesday, 12 January 2016...

Leamington v Altrincham

So Wrexham will be off

Doesn't say that on the FA website mate, where did you see it?

http://www.thefa.com/fa-trophy/fixtures

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 12:33:26 AM »

I thought the guy in the gate was joking when he told me it's off again. Unbelievable.

It's now here same time next Tuesday if the pitch is actually playable.

Anyone who went tonight deserves a medal and recompense from them in my view.

I suggest we start a tab for the bar on saturday for anyone who went tonight, I will contribute to it so at least they get a free drink this weekend for their loyalty and commitment.
Anyone else want to join me?

That's very kind of you Pukka .

Me and B4D made it down there so mines a double brandy on Saturday and whatever Brian's on !

Double brandy sounds good to me As well Pukka👍

ToffeeBlue

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 08:43:09 AM »

On their official site, Wrexham anticipate a postponement of next Tuesday's game and have published this communication:

To: Clubs involved in matches still to be played in The FA Trophy 1st Rd Proper

Further to the email circulated to clubs on 15/12/15 below, this email serves to provide notice to clubs involved in postponed or replayed 1st Rd Proper match this week that, if a match is further postponed and is unable to be played this week, it MUST be rescheduled for either Monday 11 or Tuesday 12 January. Any match that is further postponed on Monday 11 or Tuesday 12 January MUST then be rescheduled for either Wednesday 13 or Thursday 14 January in order to provide every opportunity of it being played prior to the date of the 2nd Rd Proper on Saturday 16 January.

In the event that a 1st Rd Proper match is not played and completed by Thursday 14 January, then it MUST be played on Saturday 16 January which would mean the 2nd Rd Proper having to be played in week commencing Monday 18 January.

Finally, the FA would like to acknowledge the hard work and effort that is being put into making arrangements at short notice and hopefully co-operation will continue to ensure that matches can be played on the earliest available date, in order for the Competition to remain on track and prevent causing fixture congestion in the future.

roytonmike

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 10:48:13 AM »

On their official site, Wrexham anticipate a postponement of next Tuesday's game and have published this communication:
To: Clubs involved in matches still to be played in The FA Trophy 1st Rd Proper
Further to the email circulated to clubs on 15/12/15 below, this email serves to provide notice to clubs involved in postponed or replayed 1st Rd Proper match this week that, if a match is further postponed and is unable to be played this week, it MUST be rescheduled for either Monday 11 or Tuesday 12 January. Any match that is further postponed on Monday 11 or Tuesday 12 January MUST then be rescheduled for either Wednesday 13 or Thursday 14 January in order to provide every opportunity of it being played prior to the date of the 2nd Rd Proper on Saturday 16 January.
In the event that a 1st Rd Proper match is not played and completed by Thursday 14 January, then it MUST be played on Saturday 16 January which would mean the 2nd Rd Proper having to be played in week commencing Monday 18 January.
Finally, the FA would like to acknowledge the hard work and effort that is being put into making arrangements at short notice and hopefully co-operation will continue to ensure that matches can be played on the earliest available date, in order for the Competition to remain on track and prevent causing fixture congestion in the future.

That seems to make the position clear enough. However, had someone at the FA shown a little foresight things might have been made a little easier. As soon as the powers that be made the final a post-season (i.e. May) game they should have moved the whole schedule back to how it used to be, so that Round 1 would have been scheduled for Jan 16th & everything else at 3-week intervals thereafter, which would have put the semis a clear fortnight before the end of the League season. The combination of Christmas & New Year fixtures which of course must not be moved, weather problems which are becoming much more common at that time of year and a non-regionalised draw for Round 2 is a potent mix labelled 'crisis waiting to happen'. Putting the whole thing back a month or so would have taken out the first of these issues at least. God willing we won't end up travelling fruitlessly Tuesday, arranging a game here for Thursday & then heading off to Sussex-by-the-Sea on Friday (assuming an overnight stay en route for the team), but this farce could run and run ...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:56:44 AM by roytonmike »

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 11:32:50 AM »

According to the FA, Tuesday, 12 January 2016...

Leamington v Altrincham

So Wrexham will be off

Doesn't say that on the FA website mate, where did you see it?

http://www.thefa.com/fa-trophy/fixtures

Saw it somewhere lol to copy and paste it.
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 11:43:08 AM »

It's actually reappeared on the FA website now as per
12 Jan at Leamington, though looking at the weather forecast for the next week the FA need to be proactive and move it to redditch/Solihull/Bedworth etc or play it at moss lane I've no confidence it will be dry enough to be playable
Next Tuesday With the forecast for that area
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF