PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bognor - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bognor - MATCH THREAD  (Read 24128 times)

arnald

Re: Bognor - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »

I'm sure that alty will aim to win the cup and finish mid table and what a good do that would be

Rock

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »

Hi Alty fans, I come in peace, looking forward to your visit tomorrow, I hope a few of you will be able to make the long trip down, such a pity it is not on a Saturday it will affect our gate with Portsmouth at home as well. The pitch has always been superb but this year has taken a bit of a battering, however still in good shape so hopefully no problems, we have had one of our better seasons in cup competitions having played 5 national league sides so far and won 4 of them, however I cannot remember us winning against a top tier National side so history is on your side. This is the furthest we have managed in the trophy so we are really looking forward to it. Safe journey to those of you venturing down, and if the scores are level at 90 minutes I will personally run on and score an og.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »

Thanks for the welcome, we should have a few there, even at this short notice, looking forward to ticking off another new ground.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »

Hi Alty fans, I come in peace, looking forward to your visit tomorrow, I hope a few of you will be able to make the long trip down, such a pity it is not on a Saturday it will affect our gate with Portsmouth at home as well. The pitch has always been superb but this year has taken a bit of a battering, however still in good shape so hopefully no problems, we have had one of our better seasons in cup competitions having played 5 national league sides so far and won 4 of them, however I cannot remember us winning against a top tier National side so history is on your side. This is the furthest we have managed in the trophy so we are really looking forward to it. Safe journey to those of you venturing down, and if the scores are level at 90 minutes I will personally run on and score an og.
Thanks Rock...yeah the whole saga with Leamington has resulted in this midweek fixture at short notice which is a shame. Will make a decision tonight if I travel,though looking at your website and forum you seem a decent lot and would be good to make new friends! Either way, good luck and thanks

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 11:17:17 AM »

I was going to say the same. Really friendly people each of the 3 times I've been there. I was chatting to lots of their supporters yesterday and they were all very welcoming. Granted there are a few kids mouthing off about us on a Twitter but the overwhelming majority are really nice people.

Just been reading their fans forum page.
They seem a lot more friendly than Leamington😀
what was up with Leamington I found it fine there

When I went to the ground they were friendly.
I was saying their forum.
It got a bit nasty at times.
Slagging our manager off, calling us Billy Upstarts, hoping we get relegated,
Everything was our fault, etc......and this was before we even played.
That's water under the bridge now.

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 01:53:35 PM »

I was going to say the same. Really friendly people each of the 3 times I've been there. I was chatting to lots of their supporters yesterday and they were all very welcoming. Granted there are a few kids mouthing off about us on a Twitter but the overwhelming majority are really nice people.

Just been reading their fans forum page.
They seem a lot more friendly than Leamington😀
what was up with Leamington I found it fine there

When I went to the ground they were friendly.
I was saying their forum.
It got a bit nasty at times.
Slagging our manager off, calling us Billy Upstarts, hoping we get relegated,
Everything was our fault, etc......and this was before we even played.
That's water under the bridge now.

Bloody bad drainage!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 10:35:36 AM »

I've only just twigged that Bognor knocked out Maidstone Utd and Bath City in previous rounds. :o

Rock

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 12:37:16 PM »

And also Oxford City and Lowestoft in the FA Cup. So we are no mugs hopefully!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »

You can see where this might go can't you? The players really will have to pull their collective fingers out tonight.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:37:03 PM by eightiesrobin »

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »

And also Oxford City and Lowestoft in the FA Cup. So we are no mugs hopefully!

I've just read Wealdstone knocked you out at 4QR stage. In a parallel universe we could have met in the 2nd round proper (Wealdstone lost to Colchester in round 1, who then knocked us out in round 2)

Rock

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 01:42:19 PM »

And we only went out to them as our usually consistent penalty taker missed two in the game. Still we forgive him as he has scored 132 goals in 180 games for us including 25 this season. Now I have said all this it will be the kiss of death for us tonight. By the way pitch is looking ok to go ahead

eightiesrobin

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:07 PM »

And we only went out to them as our usually consistent penalty taker missed two in the game. Still we forgive him as he has scored 132 goals in 180 games for us including 25 this season. Now I have said all this it will be the kiss of death for us tonight. By the way pitch is looking ok to go ahead

It didn't freeze in Sussex last night then?

Rock

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 02:06:01 PM »

Yes, we had a very heavy frost last night, I was at the ground all morning and the temperature rose 4 or 5 degrees while I was there and it will be firm but well playable tonight, just hope there is no massive temp. drop, there is not one according to the latest forecast thank goodness.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 06:44:07 PM »

i should have looked up where bognor is.i thought it was in Norfork,i might have drivern up there but alas its to late for me now.Hopefully our league game next tuesday will still be on,as i am in alty for my brothers funeral,so it would help me if i got to the match
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Harold, hope you get the distraction you need.

Norfolk?  ::)
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bognor - MATCH THREAD