PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bognor - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Bognor - MATCH THREAD  (Read 24017 times)

VofD

Re: Bognor - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »

3  players injurefrom Saturday really wont have helped , d lets hope the new lads looked ok ?

Even so, but they are still from the Ryman League FFS

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2016, 10:00:49 PM »

No more distractions now, we need to concentrate on trying to stay in this league.

Spot on Mike.
I might be on my own, but I think we will do it.

Jimmy

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »

Do what stay out of the bottom 4 of a Leauge that is wank so we f**king should

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2016, 10:05:34 PM »

Well said!! The league is the poorest it's been for a long time and we should be looking to stay up quite comfortably.

andrewflynn

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2016, 10:07:17 PM »

We're one of the teams that make it the weakest its been in years.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2016, 10:17:23 PM »

We're one of the teams that make it the weakest its been in years.

It's true. We are without doubt in the four worst teams in the league now, with no confidence and a losing habit.

GB Alty

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:17 PM »

Why did we not strengthen in the Autumn? We left to late, and now we trying to rescue a situation that should never have been allowed to happen. To little to late

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2016, 10:53:02 PM »

Well, that was fun. And cold, sooooo cold.

The pitch was like an ice rink, even with the car heaters (even with 6 cars having been driven on it, it was a much better pitch than Leamingtons was). They said had it been a league game it would have been off but obviously we didn't want to go down there twice and they didn't want to lose money on our expenses again either so it was game on.

As I thought and in fairness to them, Bognor were a much better team than Leamington and moved the ball well. Decent support and ground too for that level, sure they would not look out of place in the Conference South. As for the game we had a somewhat under strength team out with no Havern, Griffin and Richman from Saturday and a very makeshift looking defence. Having said that for most of the game it looked destined for a replay. There were not a lot of clear cut chances (the conditions not helping) but you sensed that Bognor perhaps wanted it a little bit more than us and when they took the lead with a header from one of a number of crosses into the box you kind of thought that was it. Lawrie's equaliser was a volley over the GK from a flick on from a free kick, decent finish. Their winner the ball broke for their man at the edge of the box and he hit it first time, seemed to curl in and drop over Deasy via the post. Not sure he entirely meant it but looked a v good finish from the other end.

Frustration was all we had to do was see out 10 mins at 1-1 but we weren't capable of that. Overall Bognor shaded it and we can't really complain too much. The whole FA Trophy farce has ruined the last 3 weeks. Let's hope we can get into a rhythm of league games now and gain some consistency.

Plus points were Josh Ginnelly from Burnley started the game and put in some excellent crosses and was very composed on the ball, he should make a positive contribution whilst we have him. Mottley-Henry a late sub and was very quick, control a bit ropey but then very hard coming into that game as a sub on a very tricky pitch. Definitely signs that the pair of them could be decent additions for the next few weeks and both have real pace.

We must regroup now and hope we have at least one new body ahead of Grinsby. Come on Alty

arnald

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2016, 10:53:42 PM »

Every bloody year the same what the he'll can we do apart from wake up in the morning and start a fresh

We will never die

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2016, 12:31:53 AM »

F***ing Freezing.
I don't think the pitch was playable especially in the second half, but it was the same for both sides.
Good atmosphere amongst the 20 or so Alty fans, kept singing to cheer on the team, keep ourselves half warm and probably kid ourselves that it cant get worse.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2016, 12:52:10 AM »

I agree with my Sarf London and Redhill co-supporters .  I am Derby Alty for the day, which meant I drove past my house on the way to the game from Derby, and then again on the way back.  When Radio 5 live told me that the match might be off at 1940 as I approached the ground I was not pleased!

Hard to take positives from the game - which did have "draw" written all over it, but I will have a go:

Josh Ginelly looked very accomplished once he overcame his initial "shyness" and put in a couple of good crosses.  Switched wing a couple of times and once when he and Crowther were on the same side they combined very well to get a good cross in.

Dylan Mottley looks very pacy - more physically robust than Josh too - but didnt really get a chance to do too much with the ball

Another accomplished sweeper type performance from Sam Heathcote who looks very comfortable with the ball at this feet.

Negatives are
- too many players are not up for the fight: you can hardly call Bognor a physical team but they did outmuscle us.  As did Leamington: same culprits in both games
- we are not used to getting service from the wings, so when the ball did go wide we did not fill the box
- we played it down the middle too often, straight onto the foreheads of their centre halves or into the keeper.  We need to get it wide, especially now we have the wingers.

Disconsolate - a long fight ahead!

taxi Phil

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2016, 09:23:06 AM »

Since about 25% of our currently fit outfield players are wingers, we'd better GET used to expecting balls into the  box from out wide !

ripleym

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »

I heard a few occasions obt the commentary of a ball going into Ranking and then him spraying the ball out to the wings.

This is classic centre forward play is it not?  Big man holds it up, spreads it and then motors into the box to get on the end of a cross?  Sounds like Ranks is more used to that style of play.

This was the first game with our new signings, though why we didn't see both on the pitch at the same time is baffling.

Hopefully something they will work at in training, and we may start to see more chances created and finished.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2016, 10:03:41 AM »

So, on which wings did the new boys play? I heard at the start that one started on the left with Crowther on the right (which he never normally does). Later I heard they switched sides, then later still I read here that they both played on the same side (left?)

I was drifting in and out of the room (and consciousness) for the RR commentary, especially the latter stages, so I don't know. I'm sure someone can clear that up for me.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »

Ginnelly starterd on the left with Crowther on the right. They swapped about halfway through the first half and Ginnelly got much more joy on the right. Stayed that way second half until Mottley-Henry came on for Ginnelly and also played on the right.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bognor - MATCH THREAD