PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre match drinking
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Pre match drinking  (Read 28686 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Pre match drinking
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2016, 08:35:22 PM »

Pints on a card are anti social.  Large food orders ok but the beers are cash.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »

Are we living in the dark ages or are all these comments from people who get paid in cash?

I for one in this day and age don't want to sit at home before I leave for a day out trying to predict how much cash I need for all eventualities.

Have any of you folks heard of contactless card payments yet? They are quicker than cash!!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2016, 10:40:29 PM »

;D
Pints on a card are anti social.  Large  ;Dfood orders ok but the beers are cash.

Quite right
Go to a cashpoint and draw out some cash and hand it over in the time honoured fashion

Maybe set up two queues - one for those handing over dosh and one for those who want to buy a bag of crisps on a card  :D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2016, 10:51:22 PM »

I don't think I have ever used a credit or debit card in a pub, apart from one that had a restaurant where I also paid for a meal.
I would only use cash to buy a round of drinks. Cards delay queues. One of my pet hates these days is filling up with petrol and having to wait in queues for petrol or to pay whilst some idiot buys their daily shopping.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2016, 11:15:54 PM »

Are we living in the dark ages or are all these comments from people who get paid in cash?

I for one in this day and age don't want to sit at home before I leave for a day out trying to predict how much cash I need for all eventualities.

Have any of you folks heard of contactless card payments yet? They are quicker than cash!!

If you pay by contactless card, would the recipients of that card have to pay a charge?
If they do, I would think that would force the recipients to put the price up to cover the cost.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2016, 11:56:31 PM »

If you pay by contactless card, would the recipients of that card have to pay a charge?
If they do, I would think that would force the recipients to put the price up to cover the cost.

I assume that banks process cash deposits for free then? Accepting card payments means people are able to make purchases in situations where they don't have cash, and probably prone to spend more so it's good business sense to accept them.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2016, 07:22:23 AM »

It's like 1970 on here.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2016, 07:33:52 AM »

I very much doubt that the club banks all its cash for free every week, although still probably cheaper than the card machines. That would probably explain the £10 minimum spend on the chip and pin.

Nobody is saying ban cash, or pay for minimal things at the bar on a card; but it is something quite progressive that could make life easier for some potential new users of the CSH and could actually bring more spending in.

Is that really such a bad thing?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2016, 07:39:08 AM »

PLUS the fact that contact less is quicker than cash!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »

I can't understand the problem that people are having grasping this fact, nor do I understand the luddite attitude towards using cards in general.
Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »

The only pubs that I frequent that take contactless are Spoons. I agree that is quicker. most however have one card machine that is usually in use and waiting to authorise. Meanwhile the rest of us wait to be served.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2016, 08:19:02 AM »

I can't understand the problem that people are having grasping this fact, nor do I understand the luddite attitude towards using cards in general.

Quite, I don't even take any cash with me most days I leave the house now. This thread has gone all over the shop now!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »

The only pubs that I frequent that take contactless are Spoons. I agree that is quicker. most however have one card machine that is usually in use and waiting to authorise. Meanwhile the rest of us wait to be served.

You've obviously never used contactless.

The whole point is that there is no authorisation, it takes one second to put your card against the reader and it is done. Zero hold up to anyone and no fannying around with trips back and forth to the till and counting out change. Add to that the idiots that take a week to get their wallet out and start counting out the right money

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2016, 10:49:05 AM »

Playing devils advocate here, but what about the club coming bang up to date and also taking Apple Pay? I can then pay using my watch in seconds and don't need to fumble in my pocket for a wallet and then find the right card, count out the right cash ;D.

Im another one who reluctantly carries cash for football matches but don't usually use cash elsewhere.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:51:12 AM by ShropshireAlty »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2016, 11:25:02 AM »

While we're at it, why do we never have drinks prices disputes behind the bar or advertised in the CH, help people get their change ready as it were.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Pre match drinking