PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 About right that
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: About right that  (Read 11701 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
About right that
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »

They might feel a bit aggrieved after having a couple cleared off the line, but we could have had the game won in the opening half hour. We were flying in to them and only after they doubled up on Ginnelly (who was outstanding again and is a credit to himself and his club) did they find a way back in to the game. Decent midweek turn out on a foul night. Onwards to Saturday, where again we host a side with playoff aspirations and a large away following. Be good if we could get 1500 in on Saturday after the club has had so little cash flow for three months, so again spread the word. With Borehamwood being at Grimsby on Saturday we have a massive chance to put some real daylight between them and ourselves. So get yourselves and your friends, family, whoever down to moss lane on Saturday

GB Alty

Re: About right that
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:59:55 PM »

Decent turn out considering, but it wasn't a foul night at all

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:10:43 PM »

Fair comment, but it also wasn't a pleasant night

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:48 PM »

Thought it good night myself , no rain little cold but OK , over the thousand , would of been more on a Saturday .

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 12:02:58 AM »

Think we started well and deserved to take the lead. An open goal for Ginnelly you might say but he gambled and got there. What I liked was that he didn't stand on ceremony and put it away and provided an important outlet all night. Think he brought an improved performance out of Griffin.

Equaliser came against run of play but was a good cross and header to be fair. Really took the wind out of our sails that and glad to get to half time.

Second half we didn't really get going and when we did Wrexham were prepared to be cynical to foul us and break play up. Neither side really got into a flow but we seemed to lead a charmed life before they had an even greater escape from Rankine's header.

Can't afford to pass up too many chances of 3 pts but sometimes you just need to not lose and get a little run together.

arnald

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:15:40 AM »

I agree with figgy great first half we shud have done em
But second half they were mental all over us we will well

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 12:21:44 AM »

In the end, just glad to get a point.
The one thing that did annoy me was , when one of their players went down, they screamed out as if they had multiple fractures!!!
Then just got up!!!!!!!!!!
Why don't we do that.
These sort of teams just try to bully the ref.
Most of the times they succeed😔

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 12:34:23 AM »

Ref was quite good in that respect I thought. I presume the example you mean is when Richman dived in in the first half and the lad was squealing and they were surrounding the ref but he wasn't flustered and left it at a yellow (which it was).

Likewise with Leather second half, a bit of a hoo haa but no booking.

In fact, he gave a lot of fouls but had the sense to keep his cards away.

He should've booked their centre hslf for his push on Margetts though, ridiculous foul to give away, needless. Then again like I said before, I think they look at any possible danger in such a position and bring the man down, backing themselves as such big units to be able to deal with the set piece.

Last point, Margetts seemed knackered last 20 but no Reeves. Injured? I was a little bit surprised at the lack of changes given we had Damien, Lawrie and O'Keefe on the bench and we were struggling a bit.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:36:10 AM by Ballers »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 12:43:26 AM »

Some of the tackles we made in the second half looked 'late', but they were in fact just about timed right to be able to claim they were a great tackle which won possession in the process. However several times the referee called it a foul and gave a free kick to Wrexham, although he booked nobody either. Some dodgy decisions, albeit overall I think the ref did ok in what was not an ideal pitch

Overall a draw was a fair result.......we should have gone two up, but once they equalised they had the upper hand for most of the game and should have scored a few more (and we had our chances as well)

Decent crowd, well behaved, bit of banter and let's hope we can build on the result tonight

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:50:09 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 07:21:13 AM »

Agree with most that was said above, cannot understand why we did not make some changes up front last night second half as Jono and ranks were struggling in the last 30? Pleased with a point but we could have had 3.

lets carry that into Saturday please.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 08:12:01 AM »

I personally thought before the game we would lose , so I'm pleased with a point , as stated by others don't understand why reeves didn't come on for last 30 mins .

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:27 AM »

Thought it was a good game last night, could have gone either way Surely Damian has to start on Saturday, I really don't see what Margetts brings and didn't see much of him last night.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »

I don't want to moan because I'm happy with the point, but we were lucky to come away with it as we created nothing in the second half and all the chances went Wrexham's way. They should have won the game.

It seemed to me like we were riding our luck and settling for the draw because positive substitutions arrived far too late to make a difference.  Crowther was toss in the second half and should have been substituted much sooner, in a game where we could have done with James Lawrie in the hole for the final 25-30. I'm not too sure why we didn't make more changes to be honest. We had a promising bench last night but we opted to battle man for man across the ninety minutes against a full time side, so credit to our lads for grinding out the point.

As for the Margetts / Reeves thing, don't underestimate what a month on the sidelines can do for Damian. He was running himself into the ground before we brought Margetts in on loan so a few weeks rest should see him sharper for the run-in this season. I remain confident that he is the best striker at the club.

Pretty flat atmosphere last night which was a disappointment, very much a chat-with-your-mates affair in the second half. Decent attendance though.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »

As for the Margetts / Reeves thing, don't underestimate what a month on the sidelines can do for Damian. He was running himself into the ground before we brought Margetts in on loan so a few weeks rest should see him sharper for the run-in this season. I remain confident that he is the best striker at the club.

Agreed. I'll add that we're in the fortunate position of having enough strike options now to do this, whereas doing the same with Damian cost us dear in our last relegation season.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 About right that