PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 About right that
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: About right that  (Read 11683 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: About right that
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »

They could have had 2 or 3 goals in second half, we could have had 2 or 3 more in the first so fairly even as far as that goes. Wrexham goal came out of the blue really and they had the better of it after that, although we looked a bit tired in second half (e.g. Crowther just coming back from a lay off) and our performance dropped after a very encouraging first 30 mins when we dominated.

Jordan Sinnott continues to improve and thought that Ringo Richman had a very good game - he was everywhere in first half an very unlucky not to score. Defence again looked solid.

Plenty of things to be encouraged about for these next home games coming up..

roytonmike

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 03:28:01 PM »

As encouraging as anything else last night was the condition of the pitch - I for one was very agreeably surprised by it. The covers have clearly been very useful. Dry weather for the rest of the week should also help 'pitch rehab'.
As for the game - Wrexham should have won, in truth, but their own profligacy in front of goal cost them. We worked hard but after half-time the opposition were running the show. I'm happy to take the point in the knowledge that it slightly widens the gap over those below us & brings Guiseley within range, particularly as they won't have a league game next midweek - if they went to extra time & penalties v Dover next Tuesday it would suit us! You would think Chester should play tonight at Halifax but I wouldn't bet against a draw, which would of course mean no game for us next Tuesday.
Might be a case for a change or two on Saturday depending on how they look at training on Thursday. Poor as Crowther was for much of the time last night he did provide the cross for the goal & did far better in his position than Lawrie could ever possibly do. I am more & more of the view that if he can't play behind the main striker there really isn't a place for James in the starting line-up now, and with Margetts (whose work-rate is good) & Reeves ahead of him in the pecking order as strikers he might have to get used to the bench for a while. On recent evidence Rankine might profit from a rest - though if we have no game Tuesday it would probably be best to start him Saturday. I also think O'Keefe has to come into the midfield frame if we are to play three games in 8 days.
Finally, Mottley-Henry's loan will run out shortly. If Bradford are happy for him to stay, do people think we should keep him for another month?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:14:25 PM by roytonmike »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 04:06:00 PM »

I haven't seen enough of DMH to judge (just 5 minutes of him last night in fact) but I don't think we've got the bodies available to do anything other than keep him really.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 04:32:56 PM »

I agree with Ballers

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 05:32:45 PM »

I wonder if DMH has played enough for Bradford to think it worthwhile for them to extend his loan.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 09:45:06 PM »

I wonder if DMH has played enough for Bradford to think it worthwhile for them to extend his loan.
We need to start him on Saturday if we want to keep him.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 08:45:06 AM »

I actually quite like the look of him, for the sake of options we've surely got to look at extending him for a bit (as long as Bradford are happy)

LymmRobin

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »

On DMH, my mate who supports Bradford told me that he is lightning quick and, sometimes,  this is with the ball.  From the little that I have seen of him, he has lived up to this pen portrait. 

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 09:23:12 AM »

From the bit I saw at Welling he is quick

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 07:39:03 PM »

He made a good quick break in the Woking game but his final touch let him down. I'd leave Crowther on the bench on Saturday and start both loanees.

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 12:29:32 AM »

Is that because you don't want Bradford to take him back or should he be in ahead of Crowther on merit?

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 09:21:47 PM »

A bit of each. And Crowther's run of sickness and injury means he seldom completes 90 minutes.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »

Has DMH gone back to Bradford then?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 12:52:50 PM »

Has DMH gone back to Bradford then?

Laurence,

I was told by Flynny that DMH had sustained an injury whilst training with Bradford City on Monday.

He was reportedly present at last evening's fixture and I believe that his loan period has been extended for another month.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 03:05:22 PM »

Its the most bizarre loan arrangement then. Given the amount of game time he gets we must not be paying  much and Bradford can't be insisting on many minutes.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 About right that