PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finances
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Finances  (Read 11152 times)

taxi Phil

Finances
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:19:54 PM »

I logged on expecting the forum to be on fire with people expressing their opinions after the financial revelations at last night's AGM. The £110K we still owe on the CSH is quite a burden, but I'm actually more worried about the projected £36K loss on the season  when our reserve is only £2K more than that for next season !

It isn't good however you look at it.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Finances
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 01:13:35 PM »

i was expecting the same with the usual f**kwits complaining etc etc , it is quite worrying but thats the price you must pay for playing in this league and its not good  when we get  so little for playing on bt , the griffith saga and the way the weather has hampered home game revenue
FFS

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 01:53:48 PM »

Sinnout. Sack the board.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 01:55:10 PM »

Those figures are for last season, not this. So loanee's will be adding more burden.

Revenue streams need to be increased somehow, it shows how difficult it is to operate a club at this level, with minimal match income and other avenues. The Rowley's especially work tirelessly. Helped by most of us where we can. Its a struggle for sure. CSH is helping, but we need other avenues of income, whilst I am against 4g pitches at a competitive level perhaps this needs to be looked at?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 02:16:16 PM »

I'm a little bit concerned that what previously seemed to be a £50/60k shortfall on the ch is a £110k one and I'd wonder whether the CH really is helping. I'm not entirely certain where the shortfall is accruing.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 03:02:21 PM »

I'm a little bit concerned that what previously seemed to be a £50/60k shortfall on the ch is a £110k one and I'd wonder whether the CH really is helping. I'm not entirely certain where the shortfall is accruing.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 03:08:25 PM »

The short fall for the CSH will not impact on the playing budget. We have already been gaurenteed that

It needs to be paying for itself now though and surplus generated ploughed into the football club so we can sustain this level of football. This is after all our legacy, something which was built to help us engage with the wider public of the town and get them interested in the club. It is NOT just a bigger match day bar, but a facility which needs to be utilised

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 03:28:45 PM »

It was very worrying listening to what was said last night.
Not just the finances, but how we need more people to get involved in running the club.
As said at the meeting, a lot of volunteers are getting older, and fresh blood is needed.
Not going to name people, because we know who these volunteers are.
I'm sure it would be appreciated if anybody, could give some time to help the running of OUR CLUB.

Community Proj

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »

Just to clarify the CSH element of this discussion, the £110k that has been mentioned is the figure outstanding at the end of the last financial year (May 2015). This has now reduced to £36k, as a result of final grant payments, sponsorship, further fund raisers, etc. These repayments have not impacted the AFC playing budget, nor will they, and the completion of repayments is on schedule for early next year.

The other comments that Grahame Rowley made at the AGM re the need for more revenue streams and volunteer support to enable the club to continue at the current and higher levels of football do reflect the current situation.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »

Just to clarify the CSH element of this discussion, the £110k that has been mentioned is the figure outstanding at the end of the last financial year (May 2015). This has now reduced to £36k, as a result of final grant payments, sponsorship, further fund raisers, etc. These repayments have not impacted the AFC playing budget, nor will they, and the completion of repayments is on schedule for early next year.

The other comments that Grahame Rowley made at the AGM re the need for more revenue streams and volunteer support to enable the club to continue at the current and higher levels of football do reflect the current situation.

Thanks for the clarification.

Reducing a £110k burden to a £36k one can only be positive, and I'm sure the club wouldn't recruit loanees if the situation was that fraught - well done to all concerned.

However, the issue stands - we're probably not quite pushing the use of the CSH to its full potential, and we're certainly not ready for a 'change of the guard' re: volunteers across the club whatsoever.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 05:29:31 PM »

Not quite sure what people were expecting, the CSH will not be a cash cow for the club and definitely not in the short term. The very nature of the place as a community asset means that they can't charge exorbitant rates for hire, also bar profits won't be massive after overheads including stock and staff etc. also given its a seperate company and a charity some monies will be ring fenced.

As for volunteers, what roles are needed, with such a wide variety of tasks available surely it would be beneficial for the Club to advertise the roles. Maybe they could look at at setting up a skills database so that supporters can declare their skills and/ or what they can offer. Also what is in it for prospective volunteers, the club could put a benefits package together that would be little or no cost so that volunteers are rewarded based on number of hours per month etc with free match tickets, seats in sponsor lounge, signed balls, seats at sportsmans dinners as rewards. Even an end of year party for all volunteers at the end of each season would be something. Many people who volunteer these days expect something back even if it's just a token gesture.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »

On the fund raising side,  how many supporters would like to use other fans for jobs? We could set up a "Robins working for Robins" database, so plumbers, electricians, hairdressers, taxi drivers, accountants etc could pay a nominal amount to register on a list maintained by perhaps TASC in order that someone having a job done could use another Alty fan. I know it wouldn't raise a packet and would not be a continual source but it could bring in a few hundred quid and give a few people a bit of extra work for say £30-£40 per year? Just an idea.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:24:25 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 07:20:20 PM »

On the fund raising side,  how many supporters would like to use other fans for jobs? We could set up a "Robins working for Robins" database, so plumbers, electricians, hairdressers, taxi drivers, accountants etc could pay a nominal amount to register on a list maintained by perhaps TASC in order that someone having a job done could use another Alty fan. I know it wouldn't raise a packet and would not be a continual source but it could bring in a few hundred quid and give a few people a bit of extra work for say £30-£40 per year? Just an idea.

I vaguely remember this suggestion popping p before (it may have been your good self SW). I think it's a decent enough idea. No harm in trying it, in my eyes.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »

I probably did raise this before, some time ago, I came across the idea from AFCW who have a "Dons for Dons" thing running, heavily advertised on the ground and in the programme.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »

I think its time for a ticket price rise - the way I see it - if we fund raise its just the same home fans paying in, if we add it to the ticket price then it spreads the burden over everyone - but more importantly gets the away fans paying it too.

Average home attendance so far this season (excl Chester tonight) is 1190, 23 home games, every £1 added = £27k - that goes over halfway to making up the shortfalls?

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finances