PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yorkshire Fair Play Guiseley style
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yorkshire Fair Play Guiseley style  (Read 11279 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Yorkshire Fair Play Guiseley style
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 11:04:25 PM »

Personally, I think Guiseleys are in the right. The bloke looks up to where the keeper is and punts it towards him. Any keeper worth his mettle would move towards the ball to try and get it, not stay where he was and then look peeved. He is far too much to blame. The Guiseleys lad raises his arms, but it's more a baffled celebration than anything else.

The fact is, the Guiseleys management should have done the honourable thing and let Braintree walk the ball in. Not unprecedented at our level when Frank Gray (I think) told his keeper to let the oppo walk the ball in after something similar happened when his Woking(?) side had something similar happen to them.

The player is not to blame for the goal. The management is to blame for not correcting things within the spirit of the game.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 12:19:33 AM »

Personally, I think Guiseleys are in the right. The bloke looks up to where the keeper is and punts it towards him. Any keeper worth his mettle would move towards the ball to try and get it, not stay where he was and then look peeved. He is far too much to blame. The Guiseleys lad raises his arms, but it's more a baffled celebration than anything else.

The fact is, the Guiseleys management should have done the honourable thing and let Braintree walk the ball in. Not unprecedented at our level when Frank Gray (I think) told his keeper to let the oppo walk the ball in after something similar happened when his Woking(?) side had something similar happen to them.

The player is not to blame for the goal. The management is to blame for not correcting things within the spirit of the game.

So Guisely aren't really in the right then.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

bighairedmike

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:47 AM »

Definitely missed out the word "players" there Mr Hill. Gosh damn those grammatical errors.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 12:29:56 AM »

Definitely missed out the word "players" there Mr Hill. Gosh damn those grammatical errors.

Fair enough!
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »

I guess you are having a giraffe when you say the keeper should have saved that shot!!!
I have now watched it eight times.
He was expecting a pass back, not a shot over his head.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 08:29:12 AM »

What should have happened was that the Guiseley player gets cautioned and an indirect free-kick awarded to Braintree for unsporting behaviour.
They really should be beating teams like us

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »

It's not as if it's without precedent this season, from 1:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDqJIehvGE

Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yorkshire Fair Play Guiseley style