PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not looking good
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Not looking good  (Read 21646 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Not looking good
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »

We said after pre-season that our best starting eleven was virtually the team that won the Conference North Playoff Final 16 months earlier..............in effect we have hardly improved the team from one division to the next and hence why we are struggling at this level

There is an arguement to say that the best eleven would see us finish in the top 15, but the reality is (and has been) that the best eleven are not available every week. The loss of Densmore and Clee and the fact that nobody has replaced Cavanagh has likely killed us

Totally agree with this. Replacing Cavanagh and Williams with O'Keefe and Griffith coupled with poor luck with injuries means we simply aren't good enough. Tried hard today but never looked like scoring. Reeves has to start on tuesday, ok he hasn't been in form like the majority of the others but his goal record suggests if we are to get out of the mire, it will be his goals that do it.  My only criticism of Lee Sinnott is his poor recruitment in the summer and his inability to sign local talented players.

Moult was good today, we'd be down already with him and Deasy

brian1925

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 08:08:25 PM »

The best 4 players on the pitch were all centre backs. Their pair literally had Ranks in a sandwich every time the ball went anywhere near him. Neither team ever looked like they were going to score on a difficult pitch, against well organised defenders. I don't agree that Damian's inclusion today would have made any difference. We so so miss Nicky and Dens and their creativity going forward, sigh...
 I thought Josh did ok though and looked our most likely saviour, but we'll probably need to dip into the loan market again to stay up.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »

My Mom was Gino stood out out the pitch again
ParkINson's red and white army

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 08:23:45 PM »

We've got good players, it's just that without that creative drive going forward on either flank, we are much too narrow and predictable.

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 08:32:32 PM »

We praised him when we got promoted so it's all relative
Those of you who were deluded to think that because he gained promotion he should be praised 'shouted' down those of us that thought his methods, team selection, substitutions etc were 'questionable' at best over the previous seasons. Some of us have never praised him.

On the question of Lawrie, I too would not have him in my team, but he gave a MOTM performance today. Well done to all the players for effort today. But effort won't keep us up.
those of you who praised him then have a lot to answer for, he should have gone after Blyth (or even earlier, FC United to name one)

Some of us have always understood his ability as a football manager, as being nil

At least relegation will rid us of this idiot once and for all..................or will it?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 08:36:14 PM »

I find not to praise someone who delivered success ie promotion odd

But each to thier own
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 08:39:13 PM »

I find not to praise someone who delivered success ie promotion odd

But each to thier own
promtion from the north league is not success, its parity. And the minimum requirement when he took over

Sounds tough, but life is hard............or maybe the north league is all we are?

arnald

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »

So it's very nice that some one enjoys it's not looking good
I will say it's looking fantastic the worst  ever thread  it's not looking good
Us fans  support the team and want it's looking good

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »

So it's very nice that some one enjoys it's not looking good
I will say it's looking fantastic the worst  ever thread  it's not looking good
Us fans  support the team and want it's looking good

we all do Daz

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »

I also want it looking good , but at the moment it doesn't , were now in a fight to avoid relegation , its no use burying our heads and hoping we can survive , the players and management have to get there arses in to gear now , the supporters are doing there bit , turnouts have been good recently , I for one will always support this great club , even if we go down .

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »

Thought like others it was a poor game today, both teams were poor. Find if frustrating to watch and why DR is not starting I do not know. We looked marginally better when he was on, but we need more creativity from somewhere. Bit of luck as well to get a win. lets hope it comes on Tuesday.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »

Lee and Neil will I'm certain be more frustrated than anyone why we can't turn these draws into wins, but there isn't a simple answer. They are working with both injury and financial constraints and are doing what they can. Iits crazy to want to sack the manager, let's all get behind the team and see where we are at the end of April. Who knows you may get your wish then? Let's hope you give the next manager whoever he may be more of a chance.

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 09:21:32 PM »

Thought like others it was a poor game today, both teams were poor. Find if frustrating to watch and why DR is not starting I do not know. We looked marginally better when he was on, but we need more creativity from somewhere. Bit of luck as well to get a win. lets hope it comes on Tuesday.

I disagree. I thought we looked worse when he came on. This is not a criticism of Damian at all before you all start kicking off. The fact is, when Crowther came off we went incredibly narrow and therefore went long ball which made us worse as McCombe and Pilkington were more than equal to the aerial challenge and had Rankine in their pocket all game. He should have been brought off instead, keeping the width and letting Reeves run in behind.

arnald

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

We will finish mid table no worries wait until this team fires on all cylinders

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 09:31:23 PM »

I disagree. I thought we looked worse when he came on. This is not a criticism of Damian at all before you all start kicking off. The fact is, when Crowther came off we went incredibly narrow and therefore went long ball which made us worse as McCombe and Pilkington were more than equal to the aerial challenge and had Rankine in their pocket all game. He should have been brought off instead, keeping the width and letting Reeves run in behind.

I agree, I was hoping we would have taken Rankine off, he was well marshalled, didn't look 100% and we kept looping balls up to him to ill effect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not looking good