PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not looking good
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Not looking good  (Read 21524 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Not looking good
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 09:39:08 PM »

We played better football with Reeves on the bench today. Again, not a criticism of Reeves, just the way the styles worked and the personnel he replaced.

GB Alty

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 09:39:40 PM »

Lee and Neil will I'm certain be more frustrated than anyone why we can't turn these draws into wins, but there isn't a simple answer. They are working with both injury and financial constraints and are doing what they can. Iits crazy to want to sack the manager, let's all get behind the team and see where we are at the end of April. Who knows you may get your wish then? Let's hope you give the next manager whoever he may be more of a chance.
I get frustrated as well at work when I try to resolve something I don't have the ability to do, but I accept it I and seek training and support. I don't try to wing it. If I did I would expect my management to take action

It seems to me that football management is one of the few jobs you actually can be sh*t at but still keep your job?????

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 09:42:16 PM »

Rankine seemed to hurt his back in the first half and was very laboured.

Bemused he wasn't replaced.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 09:44:08 PM »

@
We played better football with Reeves on the bench today. Again, not a criticism of Reeves, just the way the styles worked and the personnel he replaced.

Really?

Full time and proud of it

Jenga

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2016, 10:32:43 PM »

The simple truth is we have had too many injuries and not enough cash to strengthen. If the we had the squad at the start of the season fit we would have been easily half way.

List the players who have been injured this season who would have started today and I think you will see why we are where we are in the league.

Unfortunately i think we will go down but it is due to injuries not the manager.

I am still bemused though why we do not appear to have seen much income come from the Watmore sale, i would have expected more and did the board say we are losing money at the last AGM? I fear some dark days ahead of us.

GB Alty

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »

Densmore is a big loss, but who else is a really big miss?

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2016, 10:44:50 PM »

Defence looked solid today & midfield put a good effort in, our issue is obviously not scoring enough goals. He maybe looked a bit rusty today after not playing much recently (managers choice), but Damian Reeves = goals. Doesn't matter where, when or how but he gets goals - that's what he does. Off their keeper who is showboating, from the bye line, from 2 or 20 yards, goals. When we last went down Ken McKenna as manager bizarrely didn't play him, we didn't score enough and went down. Let's not go down that route again. Keeping him on the bench isn't working so let him start.

Bath Alty

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 10:46:36 PM »

Clee, Havern & Leather at various times - especially when both were out

Griffith - or at least the player we thought he was going to be

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »

Clee, Havern & Leather at various times - especially when both were out

Griffith - or at least the player we thought he was going to be
I'll give you Clee, but the rest no, we have had two able centre halfs all season, Holness has filled in recently

Griffith was just a poor signing and highlights poor judgement of the management, just signing old mates

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 11:10:36 PM »

Too be fair Clee wouldn't have made much of a difference, I'm afraid to say his time at this level has come to an end imo. How long ago is it since he's been 100% fit for a reasonable amount of time. This is a big Summer whatever happens, for a decent overhaul of the squad, we have some high earners who will be leaving us so all sorts of possibilities.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2016, 11:12:14 PM »

Today we played ok, a game of few chances, could had nicked it but heyho.

Do I think we'll stay up? Absolutely. We require 5 wins from 12 games. We do appear to be a confidence side, which is why I think if we get the 1 win we will get a few in an unbeaten run. We still have key games (Southport at home, Kidderminster, Halifax and Torquay away). Positive results in these games will see us through. Then if we stay up, we regroup and ensure we don't have the same again. Lessons have to be learned from this season.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2016, 11:14:30 PM »

Rubbish Clee still got it , he will come back next season like a new man , and make u eat your words .

Bath Alty

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2016, 11:26:24 PM »

Too be fair Clee wouldn't have made much of a difference, I'm afraid to say his time at this level has come to an end imo. How long ago is it since he's been 100% fit for a reasonable amount of time. This is a big Summer whatever happens, for a decent overhaul of the squad, we have some high earners who will be leaving us so all sorts of possibilities.
so Clee not being fit has reduced his effectiveness and hurt the team - that was the question you asked!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2016, 11:28:39 PM »

I hope he does, but can't see it I'm afraid.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2016, 12:23:51 AM »

It was a rare home game for me today and I thought that a fair point. Macc to be fair looked a good footballing team but toothless up top and Holness and Havern bossed it defensively. For us Ranks had a tough time and whilst I thought Crowther and Lawrie had good games defences were on top at both ends throughout. Gateshead is a huge game Tuesday, we need to stop this run of draws.

Was impressed with the 2k attendance with an average away turnout, a lot less than they brought on a Tuesday night last seaaon. Lots of kids at both ends who will no doubt enjoy boasting at school on Monday about their day out. Hopefully the police bill will not eat into the gate money too much.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not looking good