PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sinnout
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: sinnout  (Read 11694 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: sinnout
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »

Thanks Lee for your efforts, we gained a promotion and you steadied the ship.

Interested to see who we get in as a replacement or stick with Tols for rest of season.

Interested to see how the players respond to this change.

Come on you Robins.

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 05:08:13 PM »

Granted he had no luck, but he made some awful errors too. There are certainly worse managers out there, and he did give us some good times, but as my post last night intimated.....it was time for him to go.

jimmyhank

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 05:14:20 PM »

Thanks for some great memories, Lee. The Guiseley play off win springs to mind.

Good luck for the future.

scott tompson

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 05:54:31 PM »

Even though we have been on a terrible run of form the last couple of months I am gutted, thought Lee was a top bloke and thought he had done a brilliant job.

I can understand the sacking but can't see this being a positive move, as generally when clubs sack their managers towards the end of the season it backfires.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 06:39:19 PM »

Even though we have been on a terrible run of form the last couple of months I am gutted, thought Lee was a top bloke and thought he had done a brilliant job.

I can understand the sacking but can't see this being a positive move, as generally when clubs sack their managers towards the end of the season it backfires.

we are on track to go down anyway so have to take a risk
ParkINson's red and white army

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »

I too wish him all the best.

Watched some great performances under his stewardship and always liked the way he wanted the team to play football. The 2 demolitions of Boston and the 4-3 away at Halifax stand out for me.

I hope he returns to management soon and Alty can get themselves out of the relegation zone

arnald

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »

I would go for gazza  he had a stint at Kettering

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 06:59:43 PM »

Good luck to the bloke,l think the good football bizarrely stopped after a good second half in the 2-1 defeat at Macc,which I don't understand we had a decent record when the ball was on the floor,the going direct in that game seemed to change his mindset
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:11:00 PM by Jimmy »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 07:51:46 PM »

I'm sure most of you know I haven't been a fan of LS even to the point of when we won the Guisely game which got us promoted I stood on the pitch with hundreds of other folk but even then I had doubts about him.

Its not for me to slag him off now that he has gone..

Am I pleased he has gone... Yes I am, with the caviat   that I do believe he was an honourable man.

I just couldn't get my head round the fact that (as far as I was led to believe) be didn't travel on the team bus, and the fact he lived so far away from the club.

I wish him well in his future endeavours.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:54:17 PM by distancetraveller »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 07:54:27 PM »

Best of  luck Lee,Guiseley and Barnsley were the highlights.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 08:46:19 PM »

I think sometimes things just run their natural course don't they. I wish him well in the future but it's certainly the right decision imo.

Also, I'm not convinced the players are as bad as we think. If I was the new manager I'd definitely keep Deasy, Havern, Leather, Moult, Richman, Reeves and Rankine without hesitation, happy to keep Griffin too, even Sinnott Jnr in the circumstances ( and obviously Clee and Densmore).

I think that's what's been troubling me, we just need to find that spark. Put it this way I think this team is comfortably ahead of the 97,01 and 11 teams that got relegated (and the others that survived on technicalities).

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »

I think sometimes things just run their natural course don't they. I wish him well in the future but it's certainly the right decision imo.

Also, I'm not convinced the players are as bad as we think. If I was the new manager I'd definitely keep Deasy, Havern, Leather, Moult, Richman, Reeves and Rankine without hesitation, happy to keep Griffin too, even Sinnott Jnr in the circumstances ( and obviously Clee and Densmore).

I think that's what's been troubling me, we just need to find that spark. Put it this way I think this team is comfortably ahead of the 97,01 and 11 teams that got relegated (and the others that survived on technicalities).

agreed

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 09:33:18 PM »

Very well put Ballers, I think losing Clee has probably been the biggest problem, he was often the spark.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 09:42:57 PM »

I think this was the right choice, the sense of deflation I (and I know many others) felt after last night was such that this feels like the only choice. It's a shame, as especially in our last two Conference North seasons we played some excellent football under LS and were a joy to watch. I think the thing is though if you look at our league record for the last calendar year (once we were safe last season we basically binned off the last 10 games) it is truly dreadful.

Ballers has it right though, this set of players (terrible bad luck with injuries aside) should be doing much better. I just hope we get the manager to enable the lads to play to their potential.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 10:31:44 PM »

Seriously hope not

The guy has never been anything other than wholly professional. He came in with the target of getting us promoted which he did. He brought Duncan Watmore through and helped him develop into the player who was bought by a Premier League Club.
Another League scalp (Barnsley) and seconds from defeating Colchester on their own patch.
He deserves our thanks and appreciation not slagging off and belittling as I anticipate some will take the opportunity to do

Surely everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Indeed they are Jock - I just fear that Lee's achievements (and there were a significant number of them don't forget) will be overlooked in an avalanche of criticism, personal abuse etc.
I think the alty fans have been amazing to this point strong attendances in general given the poor results and the crowd still getting behind the team despite it .the singing for 90 mins against macc was fab.  Most fans elsewhere would have got on the players and managers back
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sinnout