PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An honest & polite man
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: An honest & polite man  (Read 17840 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
An honest & polite man
« on: March 09, 2016, 05:02:37 PM »

Lee Sinnott had his knockers at the club, some from day one. I think he has been a very polite and brutally honest manager. And an ambassador for the club in the way he's put himself across. It's a hard job at this club with the constraints you have to work under. We've had four years of attractive football, if not always winning football. He got us promoted. He kept us up comfortably last year. This year the summer transfer business was very poor, and we haven't been at it all season, in mitigation then injury list has been horrific. Ultimately you live and die by results, and thee wins in five months is not good news anywhere. Lee looked a beaten man in his interview after Macc to me, let's hope we can get Red Adair on the phone and put these relegation fires out. Many thanks to lee for his hard work and good luck for the future.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: An honest & polite man
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »

Lee Sinnott had his knockers at the club, some from day one. I think he has been a very polite and brutally honest manager. And an ambassador for the club in the way he's put himself across. It's a hard job at this club with the constraints you have to work under. We've had four years of attractive football, if not always winning football. He got us promoted. He kept us up comfortably last year. This year the summer transfer business was very poor, and we haven't been at it all season, in mitigation then injury list has been horrific. Ultimately you live and die by results, and thee wins in five months is not good news anywhere. Lee looked a beaten man in his interview after Macc to me, let's hope we can get Red Adair on the phone and put these relegation fires out. Many thanks to lee for his hard work and good luck for the future.

We never replaced Cav. Full stop.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »

Agreed 100% Pete. It's a rare manager who keeps the ball rolling for ever though.

ripleym

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »

Totally agree.  I enjoyed speaking to him after the season we got promoted and he seemed very genuine and with a good knowledge of the game.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 05:14:08 PM »

I agree with Figgy, thanks for your efforts Lee and good luck for the future.

Martin

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »

As a 'supporter' of Lee I'm sad to see him go however if we want to stay in this league then the change was necessary

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 05:27:28 PM »

I also feel he was a dignified man, who conducted himself very well in public on our behalf and never once complained about the constraints he has had to work under.

He did keep his promise to put a smile on our faces, and we have been a joy to watch at times during his tenure.

Sadly, I think the time was right for a change.

P.S.

Ironically, if we do go down and we are looking for a manager with a proven record of getting into the Conference National, there will be a guy on Humberside who will have done it with clubs based both sides of the Pennines!

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 05:30:15 PM »

Agreed. It's certainly not all been plain sailing, but thanks for the promotion and the cup scalp. Always seemed like a good bloke too. Best of luck Lee.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »

Thanks for everything Lee.  The Guiseley promotion final was probably my best ever Alty memory of all time.

Beaver

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 05:52:43 PM »

Thanks Lee.

I think we have achieved a lot under Sinnott. He has brought in some good players, we've played some good football, and he got the best out of Reevesy at times.

We got promoted and stayed up comfortably.

Everyone has their time. But I for one will only look back and say overall he did very well as Alty manager.

Good luck for the future!

Now time to move on for both of us.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »

Thanks Lee.

I think we have achieved a lot under Sinnott. He has brought in some good players, we've played some good football, and he got the best out of Reevesy at times.

We got promoted and stayed up comfortably.

Everyone has their time. But I for one will only look back and say overall he did very well as Alty manager.

Good luck for the future!

Now time to move on for both of us.

This pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

Now let's get ourselves out of this mess and stay up!
Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 06:38:23 PM »

Sad news today I agree that we cud do with a nut case now until the end of the season 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 06:40:04 PM »

Sad news today I agree that we cud do with a nut case now until the end of the season 
Francis sincliar ?
ParkINson's red and white army

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 06:41:06 PM »

Francis sincliar ?

Freudian slip at the end there Wayno?  ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »

Francis sincliar ?

Freudian slip at the end there Wayno?  ;D
miss spell but I thought it was appropriate
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An honest & polite man