PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty youth 'firm'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alty youth 'firm'  (Read 17294 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty youth 'firm'
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »

About time we had a proper firm. The one bright spot in an otherwise rather dour season.  8)
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:56 AM »

We love washing our laundry in public don't we they are kids

They'll turn out like the Haribo Kids at Colwyn Bay if we're not careful. Best bet would be for a proper team of thugs from one of the bigger clubs to give them a good hiding.
Get Trucker to scare them like he scared the Haribo kids at Colwyn Bay.
They really should be beating teams like us

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »

I think some idiot has been listening to the stories of the 1970's without realising that society has moved on.

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »

I think some idiot has been listening to the stories of the 1970's without realising that society has moved on.

Society has moved on in some respects but football, especially at this level, remains a working class pass time. You can't expect pampered posh kids to turn up at Moss Lane, but while we're on the subject I'd like to point out that there are hundreds of youngsters at the games who are as sound as anything. I'd say it's the main reason for the attendance increases and it's a testament to the youth work the club are doing in the community. It isn't, as you'd probably expect given the talk on here, a mass invasion of yobs. Then again things only get put on here if it's worth a bit of a moan.

There are going to be a few little muppets. They'll grow out of it and hopefully they'll become part of the hardcore support. That's how it works at every club in this league, literally every single one has a group of kids that tries winding you up. Not once have any of us felt the need to come on here and have a moan about it, because they're kids and that's that. Some of our fans are so wrapped up in cotton wool.

bighairedmike

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 05:25:46 PM »

I bet you support mob culture that green street has encouraged. Posting from behind a username, very big of you.

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »

I bet you support mob culture that green street has encouraged. Posting from behind a username, very big of you.

Mine is better than yours though.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 05:34:24 PM »

I think pseudonyms are offensive and have no place on this forum.

Regards,

Paul.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »

I'm not sure Iv been an away match where youngsters haven't gave you a f**k off sign when they have took the lead

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »

I'm not sure Iv been an away match where youngsters haven't gave you a f**k off sign when they have took the lead
you will go to plenty next season

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »

I won't as I won't be able to as I live to far away to go northern Leauge away matches

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 07:41:30 PM »

One from the same group lobbed an empty Pepsi can on the pitch into the away goal mouth a few home games back, keeper lobbed it back to side. I went down and had a quiet word and basically said look lads that isn't acceptable. I would say this is a bit more serious than flicking v's at away supporters. If an injury was to become from such a stupid act it could cost the club some serious £££

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 08:22:56 PM »

Well said Blackpool alty our fans seem to forget about the fines the club can get from theses idiots.

bighairedmike

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 08:27:53 PM »

One from the same group lobbed an empty Pepsi can on the pitch into the away goal mouth a few home games back, keeper lobbed it back to side. I went down and had a quiet word and basically said look lads that isn't acceptable. I would say this is a bit more serious than flicking v's at away supporters. If an injury was to become from such a stupid act it could cost the club some serious £££

I'm with you on that. Because that's not acceptable. Some idiot (and I don't think he was art of this group, he looked about 15-16) was throwing mini-eggs in the golf road end against Aldershot. I don't know whether he was aiming at home fans or the away keeper but a quiet word and looking mildly intimidating soon stopped it.

I'm with Crowthers Immune System on this one. Kids will be kids and as long as it's just hand gestures and a few verbals it's fine. People moan that crowds are dwindling and we don't see a return for the effort put into publicity. The fact is, at this stage it's mainly going to be the youth that are attracted to Moss Lane.  They'll grow out of it.  

andrewflynn

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 09:35:18 PM »

There are dozens of us willing to have a word with them in instances like that, myself included because its not on and I definitely agree with your concerns there. You'll just find that kids are generally like that these days, especially when they're out as a group like that. So for all we've wanted them to start coming through the turnstiles, we have to afford them the opportunity to be kids and let them make those mistakes.

I've seen Stuart Coburn nearly have his head taken off by a bottle of coke at Wrexham. I've seen coins lobbed at our players once or twice. That last thing I want is for people to think I'm advocating that sort of behaviour, I just think we're experiencing something that's probably within the norms of football at this level and its really, really not worth almost four pages of forum discussion given the current circumstances we're in.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:27 PM »

The throwing of mini eggs is disgusting and willful

I could have eaten them
Come on you red and white........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty youth 'firm'