Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dross  (Read 22954 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Dross
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 01:03:11 PM »

okay paul lets agree to disagree

I think that's the best policy and seeing as I'm not currently able to buy you a pint we'll leave it at that.  :)
Come on Alty!

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »

Face facts Gents...

The board care more about being big in the local community than just football.  (not all bad perhaps?)
The club makes a loss and there doesn't seem to be any new money to stay in the National League.
The ground is falling to bits, save for the £750k community sports hall asset, so money will be needed for the rest soon.
Sinnout and Tols appointment saves money and is probably good enough for NL North.
(I predicted all of this weeks ago, harshly, but I wish I had been proved wrong.)

I appreciate you don't want to do as I did and vote with your feet, but what I would be more worried about is staying up, that may be an even bigger disaster.
A sad situation all round.
Things will get better.

Bath Alty

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 02:40:08 PM »

Not if every body "votes with their feet" it won't

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2016, 02:44:16 PM »

Face facts Gents...

The board care more about being big in the local community than just football.  (not all bad perhaps?)
The club makes a loss and there doesn't seem to be any new money to stay in the National League.
The ground is falling to bits, save for the £750k community sports hall asset, so money will be needed for the rest soon.
Sinnout and Tols appointment saves money and is probably good enough for NL North.
(I predicted all of this weeks ago, harshly, but I wish I had been proved wrong.)

I appreciate you don't want to do as I did and vote with your feet, but what I would be more worried about is staying up, that may be an even bigger disaster.
Things will get better.

just trying to read between the lines sorry are you saying that if we get relegated tolson should be in charge next year as well ?

Some great points on your post BTW
Come on you red and white........

bumble

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »

Face facts Gents...

Things will get better.

just trying to read between the lines sorry are you saying that if we get relegated tolson should be in charge next year as well ?

He's saying that the board will see tolson as good enough for NL North

Jimmy

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2016, 03:08:20 PM »

He wasn't at Hyde

GB Alty

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »

So was it reasonable or acceptable to post a comment suggesting there was a high likelihood that the Watmore money was "drank in the Roebuck by those in the clique"?

In the midst of some interesting and relevant discussion points (some put forth by the same poster I might add) I think the above is a shameful and disgraceful thing to say, not to mention completely unfounded.

it was clearly a tongue in cheek comment, grow up and stop being a drama queen

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »

Face facts Gents...

Things will get better.

He's saying that the board will see tolson as good enough for NL North
thanks let's hope they don't
Come on you red and white........

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2016, 03:35:45 PM »

So was it reasonable or acceptable to post a comment suggesting there was a high likelihood that the Watmore money was "drank in the Roebuck by those in the clique"?

In the midst of some interesting and relevant discussion points (some put forth by the same poster I might add) I think the above is a shameful and disgraceful thing to say, not to mention completely unfounded.

When you put your money on something it usually isn't tongue in cheek. Nice attempt at backtracking though.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2016, 04:09:29 PM »

When you put your money on something it usually isn't tongue in cheek. Nice attempt at backtracking though.

Yeh I think you can actually tell by the veracity of a comment though to how it's tongue in cheek. ie if 5 or 6 people drank over £100k worth of real ale in the roebuck over the last 2 years they'd all be the size of a house/dead. I think literal is the word.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2016, 04:52:29 PM »

I do believe there was a lot more venom in the comment than he's now making out and I think deep down he knows it too. Clearly, however, there is a level of disagreement here that is not going to be quickly or easily resolved, so let's just leave it at that because I think we've all got better things to do.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2016, 04:58:05 PM »

Wait til we have a bad night against Dover tomorrow, this'll seem like paradise.

GB Alty

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2016, 08:52:37 PM »

I do believe there was a lot more venom in the comment than he's now making out and I think deep down he knows it too. Clearly, however, there is a level of disagreement here that is not going to be quickly or easily resolved, so let's just leave it at that because I think we've all got better things to do.
stop getting upset on behalf of everyone and grow some balls, clearly was tongue in cheek

Hulme Robin

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2016, 09:30:52 PM »

stop getting upset on behalf of everyone and grow some balls, clearly was tongue in cheek

I wish the team would grow some balls - the alty youth firm have got more fight in them than our midfield.

we are going down with a whimper - and it is just wrong.  I am glad that this forum is in uproar - I have had enough of this Buddha—like serenity bullsh*t. I want us to go down fighting - I want Alty to be Terry Butcher's blood stained England shirt, the spirit of waterloo, trafalgar, taking back goose green, death on the rock, fight them on the beaches - no surrender!

Instead we get dross and more bullsh*t.

VofD

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2016, 09:47:12 PM »

I wish the team would grow some balls - the alty youth firm have got more fight in them than our midfield.

we are going down with a whimper - and it is just wrong.  I am glad that this forum is in uproar - I have had enough of this Buddha—like serenity bullsh*t. I want us to go down fighting - I want Alty to be Terry Butcher's blood stained England shirt, the spirit of waterloo, trafalgar, taking back goose green, death on the rock, fight them on the beaches - no surrender!

Instead we get dross and more bullsh*t.

Spot on, Forza.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dross