PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good News for some Re This Forum
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good News for some Re This Forum  (Read 9102 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 03, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »

Having had some time to think, to look over the posts past and present on here, and to evaluate my priorities I am, from this point onward going to post on here only on matters which relate to The AFC Ladies Team.

I, like an increasing number it seems, am totally and heartily fed up with the forum having been seemingly hijacked by a small minority of idiots (cannot be Alty Fans) who just want to pursue their own personal vendettas.

I know that this will please a number of individuals who have taken pleasure, at every opportunity, to abuse me.  You may feel that you have won by me withdrawing from the forum - far from it.

Jimmy

Re: Good News for some Re This Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:56:46 AM »

It's no vendetta the appointment of Tolson is ridiculous,and Altrincham must have very few real fans because a huge majority think this

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:46:29 AM »

oooh look at me, look at me.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »

everybody look at frankie

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »

Sorry to see you go- i didn't agree with more than 50% of what you said but it was always done calmly.

The more moderate people leave the forum the higher the proportion of idiot posters remain and the more moderate people will leave and so the cycle continues until all that's left are the idoits and exiles like myself who have no other source of discussing anything Alty related.

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 01:32:48 PM »

I'm sorry to see you go ATS, as I quite enjoyed reading your alternative views on Alty. I hate personal abuse and you have experienced your fair share on here, so in that respect I don't blame you. However, apart from one or two appalling posts in recent weeks, I feel the vast majority of posters are genuinely well behaved and also care very deeply about our beloved Alty.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »

There have been some silly and outrageous posts but most have been level headed and factual and fair

It will get to the point where people will be afraid to have there say

Everyone I have spoke to thinks that the tolson decision was short sighted and wrong.. my self included

Does this not make me or them a fan .. quite the opposite I would argue

It shows passion and concern for this amazing club 
Come on you red and white........

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 01:44:59 PM »

I agree with you 100% alty.fc.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »

Having had some time to think, to look over the posts past and present on here, and to evaluate my priorities I am, from this point onward going to post on here only on matters which relate to The AFC Ladies Team.

I, like an increasing number it seems, am totally and heartily fed up with the forum having been seemingly hijacked by a small minority of idiots (cannot be Alty Fans) who just want to pursue their own personal vendettas.

I know that this will please a number of individuals who have taken pleasure, at every opportunity, to abuse me.  You may feel that you have won by me withdrawing from the forum - far from it.

I wasn't going to reply. But I shall.

What a waste of a post. Are you not capable of posting about the women's team without the need to make an big song and dance about it?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 02:21:22 PM »

What a waste of a post. Are you not capable of posting about the women's team without the need to make an big song and dance about it?

made me smile this post

I have now decided that I am only going to comment on the first 45 minutes of play and only play that relates to the ball being in our half of the field

Please respect my wishes
Come on you red and white........

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 02:23:43 PM »

You're only saying that because you're hiding behind a pseudonym. You keyboard warriors are all the same.

Bath Alty

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 02:38:31 PM »

made me smile this post

I have now decided that I am only going to comment on the first 45 minutes of play and only play that relates to the ball being in our half of the field

Please respect my wishes

I shan't - it's typical forum negativity taken too far - only commenting on on the ball in our half removes the possibility of commenting on any goals we score and will make us appear even worse than we already are - it's a disgrace......some people!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »

Oh for the heady days of the stoppers, avacado debate and the end lines to jokes thread
Bernard Taylors barmy army

VofD

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »

Bring back the "GOODWINS" and the "PEAKES". That will sort everybody out. 8) 8)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 09:49:14 PM »

Indeed I am.

The point being that had I merely stated that I was leaving the forum and then continued to post, albeit on the subject of the Ladies Team, the there would have been "observations" that I had not actually left at all.

The only reason for my response to your post was because it referenced the only subject i am posting about
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team