PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holness Sending Off
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Holness Sending Off  (Read 17399 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Holness Sending Off
« on: April 06, 2016, 12:11:07 AM »

Despite being stood on the Radio Robins commentary gantry and watching the after match melee after the final whistle me and my fellow match commentators and summarisers failed to notice and report that Marcus's Holness was sent off.

Word has it that after shaking his hand on the pitch and failing to take action on the pitch, tonight's referee informed Jake Molt to tell Marcus Holness who was sat in the dressing room that he had been sent off !

It appears that the decision was taken after protests after the final whistle following protests from the Dover players.

Discuss ...

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Holness Sending Off
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 12:14:12 AM »

If the referee has left the field of play and not told him of his dismissal I fail to see how he could include it in his report.

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:22:50 AM »

Neither Mr Coy or his lineman were even aware of the mêlée when it began - they weren't even looking in that direction, they were over in the corner shaking player's hands. Coy has probably done what he did all night, guess. He is a truly dreadful official, who never ever gets it right. He was abysmal when we played Barnet last season to the point the Barnet manager had to haul his own player off at half time to save the referee from having to do it. He also gave a typically catastrophic performance on tv last Friday, managing to annoy players on both teams. He's not why we lost tonight, but if he thinks some of the challenges that went in on Ranks tonight were lawful, he just needs to quit and take up rugby.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 02:08:48 AM »

Marcus cannot have been sent off for the tackle surely............it was 3 feet in front of the liner who did not 'flag'. If the ref thought it was a red, he could have blown his whistle, sent the player off and re-started the game and immediately blown for full time if indeed time was up

During the handbags at the end there were no real reasons to send anyone off from either side.............maybe something was said??
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:45:26 AM »

Until the referees report is known, you are all making assumptions/speculations.

A player can be sent off even if he has already left the field of play or not even entered it. Still the referee would only send a player off, if he had seen the incident himself or on the advice of one of his assistants/Fourth Official.

It reminds me of a local incident down here when the ref turned up and the conversation with one of the players in the changing room before the game went:-
Player - "Not you again. You're the useless b***** who F*** up giving a penalty against me last week"
Ref - "Well you wont have to worry about that this week because you are not playing"
Player - "Yes I am"
Ref - "No you are not, because I am sending off"
Player "You cant do that"
Ref - "Yes I can and I have done - for foul and abusive language to an official"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:01:23 AM by RedhillAlty »

ripleym

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 06:35:48 AM »

I'd be surprised if anyone got sent off for foul and abusive language last night, given one of the Dover players yelled "you c**t" at the linesman for giving us a corner without punishment.

brian1925

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 07:00:45 AM »

Gino did something similar to the linesman mid way through the second half. But, the officials last night were so very inconsistent.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 07:20:07 AM »

From where I was standing, which admittedly was quite a distance from the corner flag where the incident happened, Holness's tackle looked like a pretty bad one and I was surprised that it went unpunished.

So, to hear that he was sent off after the final whistle does not surprise me, albeit telling Moult to let him know does seem very bizarre.

Hopefully Alty TV will clear this up for us.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 12:26:46 PM »

Holness hasn't appeared on the FA suspensions list this morning, all other red cards last night have been added

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »

Until the referees report is known, you are all making assumptions/speculations.

A player can be sent off even if he has already left the field of play or not even entered it. Still the referee would only send a player off, if he had seen the incident himself or on the advice of one of his assistants/Fourth Official.

It reminds me of a local incident down here when the ref turned up and the conversation with one of the players in the changing room before the game went:-
Player - "Not you again. You're the useless b***** who F*** up giving a penalty against me last week"
Ref - "Well you wont have to worry about that this week because you are not playing"
Player - "Yes I am"
Ref - "No you are not, because I am sending off"
Player "You cant do that"
Ref - "Yes I can and I have done - for foul and abusive language to an official"

Good story

I appreciate players can be sent off at any time...........including subs on the bench before the game starts............my point was; if it was for the challenge, then the ref had the option to send off the player there and then
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »

Does the ref also have the option to send off at a later time?

Ie - did he think that with all us lot there and a bit of handbags going on, the best way was to get the players off the pitch before dishing out the punishment?

I mean all we'd have done is heckle but he may have viewed it as a flashpoint.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 01:30:46 PM »

If only we had a ref on the forum who could advise ..

Sighs
ParkINson's red and white army

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »

Does the ref also have the option to send off at a later time?

Ie - did he think that with all us lot there and a bit of handbags going on, the best way was to get the players off the pitch before dishing out the punishment?

I mean all we'd have done is heckle but he may have viewed it as a flashpoint.

If the red card is for foul play the referee is not permitted to restart the match before the card is shown. It is not a foul if the match has ended.
The referee has the power to caution from the moment he enters the field of play, until the moment he leaves the field of play - Law 12.
If the situation has been brought to the referees attention by one of his assistants/4th official after the match has ended, and the player has left the field after the end of the match and the referee feels it is not safe to take action, he would not issue a red card but record the incident in his report for the appropriate FA to take action. I am a qualified referee and as I understand the rules, players have to be notified of cards. A player can dispute any caution when he has not been notified by the referee.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »

FA List now updated again, Holness suspended for 3 games, sent off for serious foul play.....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »

Serious foul play yet no free kick..
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holness Sending Off