PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holness Sending Off
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Holness Sending Off  (Read 17475 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Holness Sending Off
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »

Does the ref also have the option to send off at a later time?

Ie - did he think that with all us lot there and a bit of handbags going on, the best way was to get the players off the pitch before dishing out the punishment?

I mean all we'd have done is heckle but he may have viewed it as a flashpoint.

Good job the Alty Machete U12's weren't in attendance. Things could have gotten ugly.

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 03:28:22 PM »

Does the ref also have the option to send off at a later time?

Ie - did he think that with all us lot there and a bit of handbags going on, the best way was to get the players off the pitch before dishing out the punishment?

I mean all we'd have done is heckle but he may have viewed it as a flashpoint.

Good job the Alty Machete U12's weren't in attendance. Things could have gotten ugly.
well that's one thing the junior firm will have no away fans to tell to f**k off next season so they won't bother coming.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 03:49:31 PM »

Neither Mr Coy or his lineman were even aware of the mêlée when it began - they weren't even looking in that direction, they were over in the corner shaking player's hands. Coy has probably done what he did all night, guess. He is a truly dreadful official, who never ever gets it right. He was abysmal when we played Barnet last season to the point the Barnet manager had to haul his own player off at half time to save the referee from having to do it. He also gave a typically catastrophic performance on tv last Friday, managing to annoy players on both teams. He's not why we lost tonight, but if he thinks some of the challenges that went in on Ranks tonight were lawful, he just needs to quit and take up rugby.
The worrying thing is Mr Coy must be highly thought of and must be in line for promotion to the Football League, if he was given a big game of Cheltenham v Grimsby to ref at this stage of the season.
He is highly thought of. He was 4th official to Ross Joyce in the Conference Play-off Final last season.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:56:31 PM by Mallorca Alty »
They really should be beating teams like us

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »

Serious foul play yet no free kick..
I'm led to believe the match had finished when he floored their player and stamped on him.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »

Serious foul play yet no free kick..
I'm led to believe the match had finished when he floored their player and stamped on him.

That was a fin stupid thing to do in our current position, may as well send him back now and save a few quid..

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »

Must have been frustrated been very good for us to date
ParkINson's red and white army

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 06:50:55 AM »

I think we should appeal against the sending off. If the incident has happened before the final whistle I am told the referee must deal with the incident there and then by sending the player off. If it happened after the final whistle then the player can be reported for misconduct. I don't see how a player can be told he is being sent off by another player. I don't think the referee has followed the correct procedure in this incident.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 08:33:37 AM »

AltyTV of the incident is out: http://youtu.be/6zsasKwtcXI at 10:00 and then closer at 10:23.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:36:37 AM by ShropshireAlty »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 08:42:04 AM »

Should be appealed, the "incident" happened during the game, the lads jumped in on Holness. Infront of the linesman and no where near the ref so how can he decided afterwards to send him off?

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 09:12:40 AM »

Just seen it on the Alty,it was the very last play of the game so he would have to get send of after the game,if it was a sending off hard to tell Iv only got a small screen.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 10:30:36 AM »

Ref looks some distance away and liner did not even flag
ParkINson's red and white army

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »

Neither Mr Coy or his lineman were even aware of the mêlée when it began - they weren't even looking in that direction, they were over in the corner shaking player's hands. Coy has probably done what he did all night, guess. He is a truly dreadful official, who never ever gets it right. He was abysmal when we played Barnet last season to the point the Barnet manager had to haul his own player off at half time to save the referee from having to do it. He also gave a typically catastrophic performance on tv last Friday, managing to annoy players on both teams. He's not why we lost tonight, but if he thinks some of the challenges that went in on Ranks tonight were lawful, he just needs to quit and take up rugby.

An excellent & very accurate post....100% agree.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 02:36:23 PM »

Looking at the highlights on Alty TV. It is a sending off. It is a bad challenge. But if you mess about in the corner wasting time you invite that challenge. I can't understand why the assistant didn't flag when it is right in front of him. Unless the refs were mic'd up with each other.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2016, 02:59:14 PM »

Looking at the highlights on Alty TV. It is a sending off. It is a bad challenge. But if you mess about in the corner wasting time you invite that challenge. I can't understand why the assistant didn't flag when it is right in front of him. Unless the refs were mic'd up with each other.
They seem to mic'd up every time now. And assistants only flag these days if it's something the ref has missed.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2016, 04:21:47 PM »

I cannot make out if the referee blew his whistle before or after the incident.
It appears that the Dover player dived into Holness.
It doesn't look like the referee saw the incident as he didn't act, and the assistant seems to react as if the game is over.
As I said before - we will have to see what is in the referee's report. From Alty TV I would think we would appeal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Holness Sending Off