PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reeves  (Read 10124 times)

Jimmy

Re: Reeves
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 09:52:49 PM »

If I was him I would've gone when Kenny Mac thought Beesley and Twiss were better forwards superb forward these last 5 years,we don't deserve him

VofD

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »

Interesting to see if, should we go down, Damian keeps to his promise of staying at Altrincham unless it's a move to a Football League club. League football has passed him by but I'm sure bottom half Conference clubs would be interested. We'd be silly to not want to keep him at our level but would he want to stay? He's looked majorly fed up at times this season.

And with good reason. The way he has been treated this season by , firstly, Sinnout and now by Tolson, is an UTTER disgrace. I wouldn't blame him for leaving. I have said it before and I will say it again, he should be FIRST name on the team sheet.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 10:03:40 PM »

Out of interest which players are signed for next season?  I know Heathcote is but are there any others?
Full time and proud of it

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 10:24:27 PM »

Interesting to see if, should we go down, Damian keeps to his promise of staying at Altrincham unless it's a move to a Football League club. League football has passed him by but I'm sure bottom half Conference clubs would be interested. We'd be silly to not want to keep him at our level but would he want to stay? He's looked majorly fed up at times this season.

And with good reason. The way he has been treated this season by , firstly, Sinnout and now by Tolson, is an UTTER disgrace. I wouldn't blame him for leaving. I have said it before and I will say it again, he should be FIRST name on the team sheet.
I've often wondered what Damian had done to upset the management team. He scored a fair number of goals last season and yet they signed a forward who would not be happy sitting on the bench, when they knew we only play well with one up front. I've maintained all along that Perry should have been retained and a replacement for Gillespie found (which I did with giving them James Poole). Rankine has done ok at times but at the loss of Damian so we haven't seen any benefit to be honest.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 10:37:07 PM »

Out of interest which players are signed for next season?  I know Heathcote is but are there any others?

Wouldn't think anymore of them have a deal after this season Glyn. Certainly hope we look at using non-contract terms more next season then we can avoid being stuck with the likes of O'Keefe and Bowerman, as well as preventing the Griffiths farce.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 08:13:26 AM »

That will come from whoever is manager having good contacts and being able to sign half decent players though.

Whatever else we say about this season use the summer signings of those three as your starting point...

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »

Don't you think we already have next season's manager in place? I'm not sure of the contacts list getting any better.

brian1925

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »

Level of contacts is indeed the critical factor imo, when deciding who the next manager should be. It's not the only factor obviously, but certainly the most important.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 01:21:32 PM »

Level of contacts is indeed the critical factor imo, when deciding who the next manager should be. It's not the only factor obviously, but certainly the most important.
Since I unfortunately suspect the previous post is bang on, perhaps yours should read "next but one manager".
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves