PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reeves  (Read 10125 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Reeves
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:56:19 AM »

What does he have to do to get more than 10 mins in a match? If he doesn't start against Torquay (or at least be given half an hour), then something is seriously wrong. My feelings were pretty neutral on Tolson's appointment, but to not bring Reeves on earlier on Saturday was a disgraceful decision.

brian1925

Re: Reeves
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 10:43:11 AM »

His goal record when starting this season has been dire unfortunately. Needs Clee. Having said that, I'd start him anyway in the absence of any other options.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »

We certainly missed a trick I feel not bringing him on earlier against Bromley. Personally if I was manager and if he is fit, he would have started.

Martin

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »

He is far better than Rankine

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 11:49:44 AM »

We must be saving him for the pre season friendlies ...

Okeefe was prefered to him saturday ...
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »

Without doubt misses Clee more than anyone else.

Still the most likely to score from open play than all others put together.

Says it all that he came on for 10 mins
Full time and proud of it

M17

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 12:37:48 PM »

He will leave at the end of the season won't put up with it

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »

What makes it worse about Saturday was that Rankine was really poor and should have been subbed. To leave someone of Reeves' quality on the bench for that length of time is disgraceful.

brian1925

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »

Unfortunately, a quick look at the stats this season confirms that Reeves is actually LESS likely to score than Rankine! If it was a case of keeping one over the other for next season, I'd probably keep Reeves as his scoring record with Clee in the northern league is obviously well proven. Personally I'd play them both now, regardless of whether they get on or not, since we have very little to lose anymore. It's a quandary for sure - neither has had any service at all and that has been the main problem we've had all season.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 02:38:44 PM »

The problem is we play rankine we just lump it up,we play Reeves the players have been so basic they continue to play the same way

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 04:12:00 PM »

Unfortunately, a quick look at the stats this season confirms that Reeves is actually LESS likely to score than Rankine!

Reeves needs to play all the time. Play him for all 46 league games he'll get you 23 goals. However, he won't necessarily score you 2 in the remaining 4 games if you see what I mean.

For my money, since we stopped having 3 ratters in midfield and getting good possession we haven't really been able to get round Rankine enough to make him properly effective. Also, and this shouldn't be a factor but it is, referees are abysmal at working out contact. Ranks has been penalised against Southport, Dover and Bromley when he's been manhandled (and then he gets frustrated and pushes people over which compounds the problem). To the extent that in one of those games he had to stop challenging for the ball.

Also, even with two wingers there isn't a great deal of crosses that come in.

I don't know the answer anymore to be honest but it's been a great frustration that a good signing and an area of relative strength had turned into a weakness playing wise.

bumble

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 04:55:16 PM »

He will leave at the end of the season won't put up with it

What about that Crowther? Will he be leaving ?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 06:58:49 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if all our forwards have left before next season. Maybe our manager will get Bowerman back!

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 09:45:05 PM »

Interesting to see if, should we go down, Damian keeps to his promise of staying at Altrincham unless it's a move to a Football League club. League football has passed him by but I'm sure bottom half Conference clubs would be interested. We'd be silly to not want to keep him at our level but would he want to stay? He's looked majorly fed up at times this season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »

Interesting to see if, should we go down, Damian keeps to his promise of staying at Altrincham unless it's a move to a Football League club. League football has passed him by but I'm sure bottom half Conference clubs would be interested. We'd be silly to not want to keep him at our level but would he want to stay? He's looked majorly fed up at times this season.

Hes been at Alty five years , he  may feel its time to try somewhere else but I hope he stays
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reeves