injuries to key players
summer recruitment
lack of a leader on the pitch
refs / unlucky
LS tactics / team selection
not getting loan players n early enough
the board appointing NT

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Why are we in this mess  (Read 38407 times)

bumble

Re: Why are we in this mess
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »

On the subject of liaison between board and fans, didn't we used to have a fans representative who sat in on certain board "activities" and kind of "bridged the gap" a bit? Is this something we could look at again?

I think the majority of the time the issue that occurs is misinformation which arises as a consequence of a perceived lack of clarity of information being fed down to fans. This in turn breeds a lot of unwarranted mistrust because people jump to the wrong conclusions.

I think this would stop the use of the word clique and is dsomething I've mentioned on other threads.

Somebody on the terrace who can answer and nip in the bud any of the rumours would be good.

Ideally it should be tough tasc. Everybody is part of the club and should have someone on the board of our club they feel they can approach easily
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:55:10 AM by Jack Jolly »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2016, 10:04:34 AM »

I think we as fans need to use TASC better. This is an organisation set up by the fans, for the fans. Why not convene a public meeting to establish, constructively, how the fans feel they want the club to move forward and then carry that forward to the fans forum in a coherant and (hopefully) productive manner.

Let me please be clear, by the way, that this is not a gripe against TASC in any way. I just feel that the fans have not tapped the full potential of the supporters association and we need to have the opportunity to put our views across democratically and hopefully with a bit of clout behind us. Ultimately, whatever comes out of the next few weeks has to result in the club moving forwards on and off the pitch. Every avenue of achieving this must be explored.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2016, 10:19:29 AM »

I have read some of the recent posts on this forum with absolute disbelief and am now SO Angry, confused and frustrated that I have had, once again to break my self imposed exile.

I have questions to which I would be very interested to hear various correspondent's answers.

Firstly, specifically to Jimmy - Why do you think that the CSH is twice the size it needs to be?

Secondly, For anyone really - Let us say that you are in charge now, The Board have gone, as some would wish and it's down to you, You have a clean slate - Nobody is still there, no Directors, No volunteers, No groundsman, No Players or Management:-

What would you do?

How would you fund it?

I have more but would love first to see what responses I get to the above.

Clearly from the recent traffic on here a number of you could do a much better job, let's hear the responses. And, if any of you have such brilliant, practical notions, then why haven't you shared them with "The Club"?

You won't be as angry, confused and frustrated as I was to drive five hours the other night to see our two best players sat on the bench....
Phil, this is a fans forum, football fans throw their toys out of the pram when things are going so badly wrong on the pitch, and they are. You need to realise that some people (rightly or wrongly) only care about the football, and pay their money dutifully to see the football team. I agree some of the recent comments on here have been disproportionate. However, the fan base of this club are as accepting and patient as you'll find. I'd sooner people shot their mouth off on here than during games or in the bar after match. I'll point you in the direction of the meltdowns taking place at Halifax, Wrexham, Grimsby and at Tranmere currently. We've won 11 league matches in 13 months and it's not acceptable. We've had no real explaination as to what happened with the previous manager and how it came to pass his XO for the last five years would take the job on. However crass, inaccurate or unjustified people (me included on occasion)might find some of the conversation on here. It's better on here than anger and boos ringing out around the stadium or bar on a match day. The thing with this and any messageboard is that no one is obligated to read it.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »

11 leauge games in 13 months ... sheds a tear
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »

We don't play league games in May/June/July - man up !

Mind you, an average of 1.1 wins per month is pretty rubbishy.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »

We don't play league games in May/June/July - man up !

Mind you, an average of 1.1 wins per month is pretty rubbishy.
ha ha .. that told me .. sort of 😉

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »

I have read some of the recent posts on this forum with absolute disbelief and am now SO Angry, confused and frustrated that I have had, once again to break my self imposed exile.

You've had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra!

Yes, the phrase 'sh*t or get off the pot' springs to mind.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

safe95

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2016, 06:55:09 PM »

On the subject of liaison between board and fans, didn't we used to have a fans representative who sat in on certain board "activities" and kind of "bridged the gap" a bit? Is this something we could look at again?

I think the majority of the time the issue that occurs is misinformation which arises as a consequence of a perceived lack of clarity of information being fed down to fans. This in turn breeds a lot of unwarranted mistrust because people jump to the wrong conclusions.

There was not a fans representative who 'sat in on certain board activities.' There was a member of the committee of the Supporters Association who was a full member of the board, a full director registered as such at Companies House, as liable as any other director of the club, who attended every meeting of the board of directors of the football club, voted on many of the decisions made by the football club and reported back in detail to members meetings of the Supporters Association. Occasionally the supporters director was asked to let a particularly sensitive commercial or personal issue be discussed in private. There was full access to the ongoing financial reports, contracts and all key issues. The Supporters Association also held a fair number of shares in the football club which had been generously donated by other shareholders sympathetic to the idea of fans having a say in the running of the club. I do wonder who owns those shares now as the individuals who selflessly donated them intended them to be held by a body representing Altrincham F.C. supporters not by individuals. Does T.A.S.C. now own these shares?

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2016, 08:23:48 PM »

The club needs old supporters like you back even if its just to pick your brains.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »

There was not a fans representative who 'sat in on certain board activities.' There was a member of the committee of the Supporters Association who was a full member of the board, a full director registered as such at Companies House, as liable as any other director of the club, who attended every meeting of the board of directors of the football club, voted on many of the decisions made by the football club and reported back in detail to members meetings of the Supporters Association. Occasionally the supporters director was asked to let a particularly sensitive commercial or personal issue be discussed in private. There was full access to the ongoing financial reports, contracts and all key issues. The Supporters Association also held a fair number of shares in the football club which had been generously donated by other shareholders sympathetic to the idea of fans having a say in the running of the club. I do wonder who owns those shares now as the individuals who selflessly donated them intended them to be held by a body representing Altrincham F.C. supporters not by individuals. Does T.A.S.C. now own these shares?

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't 100% clear as it was a long time ago.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2016, 08:39:23 PM »

I think im right in saying of those shares held by star the now mothballed supporters trust...some are still held by a mothballed organisation but some were sold along with some of the previous boards shares....
I personally think we have fans on the board...isnt flynny an associate director?...paul daine is he still on the board...grahame rowley is a fan...all approachable....but it would be good to have a tasc rep attend board meetings....
The shareholding of the club is a bit of a mess and the majority still owned by disinterested uninvolved parties .....which does mean we wont be maunderised again but it also means apathy from the top.
Come back safe95 :-)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2016, 09:25:56 PM »

On the back of the above comments I was having a google and came across the old Alty Forum  -  dating from 2000 - 2006 - some interesting threads on there just having a gander through, especially for someone like me who wasnt living in Alty until 2006 so wasnt aware of a lot of the old stuff. 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/75616

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2016, 09:34:27 PM »

The old forum brilliant i used to go under the guise of wayne .. we never replied to threads we started another funny

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2016, 10:27:32 PM »

http://www.network54.com/Forum/75616/thread/994858525

at the time of Mark Ecky standing down and looking for a replacement - was a replacement found and accepted or did it die out ?

Jezza

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2016, 12:14:59 PM »

What a fantastic job SAFE did in real crisis days....part of our history......I used to enjoy the accusations of clique aimed at them....absolutly outrageous and scandalous..... I wonder if the SAFE boys can smile and laugh about this nowadays?

We have faced much darker days than those we face now.....but ironically the past does not equal the future quote means jusy because we have had years of osterity does not mean we should not strive for ambition! :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why are we in this mess