PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Questions Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Questions Thread  (Read 39755 times)

ShropshireAlty

Re: Questions Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 04:46:36 PM »

I'm gutted I can't be there as I'm doing husbandly things in the evening in the interests of a quiet life at home ;).

Here are the main things I'd like to know the answer to:

What are we doing to recruit a new manager? Kidderminster and Chester have been in similar positions recently. Kidderminster have just appointed John Eustace and Chester have invited expressions of interest and have set a closing date for these next Monday with a view to have the new manager ready to start work as soon as the season ends. I don't want to be fobbed off by the get-out clause of "we can't discuss this" etc etc. I don't need details but I do want to hear the right kind of noises being made.

Does the board accept they are potentially leaving things too late if they are not already acting on new manager recruitment as per my question above?

Why was the issue of getting loan players in left so late in the season when it was blatantly obvious we needed bolstering from Christmas or perhaps even before this?

Does the board accept this inaction has directly contributed to us being relegated at the end of this season (only a major miracle will save us, despite the spin we're hearing on the website from club officials)?

I'll probably think of loads more as I have so many unanswered questions floating round my head about this season and how we go forwards.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »

Can't we just proceed straight to the waterboarding of the Board?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 10:03:55 PM »

Guantanamo Bay (Away) in the second qualifying round of the F A Cup next season it is then ?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 10:16:29 PM »

Guantanamo Bay (Away) in the second qualifying round of the F A Cup next season it is then ?
I wouldn't bet on us to beat 11 chained up blokes wearing orange boiler suits.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »

If you are asking these questions, please can you add:

How much has the CSH project cost the Club this season?
How much has the CSH project benefited the Club this season? How can we ensure we maximise revenue available from the CSH to the benefit of the playing budget?
How much has running the Reserve team cost the Club? Does it represent good value?
Disappointing results – any idea what is this years average attendance, and how it compares with recent seasons?

Thanks

How much does running a Ladies team cost the club?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »

It probably attracts interest and broadens our presence I'd say to be fair Rob.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 11:13:31 PM »

Any chance someone who was at the meeting could do a quick summary for those who could not make it please?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 12:21:15 AM »

If you are asking these questions, please can you add:

How much has the CSH project cost the Club this season?
How much has the CSH project benefited the Club this season? How can we ensure we maximise revenue available from the CSH to the benefit of the playing budget?
How much has running the Reserve team cost the Club? Does it represent good value?
Disappointing results – any idea what is this years average attendance, and how it compares with recent seasons?

Thanks

How much does running a Ladies team cost the club?
Very little. The Alty Ladies players pay subs and pay for most of their training kits. So in fact they paying to represent Altrincham FC.
They really should be beating teams like us

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 03:26:34 AM »

Any chance someone who was at the meeting could do a quick summary for those who could not make it please?
news black out?????

bumble

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2016, 09:30:22 AM »

news black out?????

I'm sure JL will put one up

Firstly, fair play to the board for letting the event run its course. Think it lasted over 2 hours.
Graham offered to resign last week and it was turned down his fellow board members. Graham urged fans to speak to him after every game to tell him what is or isn't working rather than criticising the club online.
Tolson was board choice not Graham.
They said that no idea was needed as any manager avaliable worth his salt would have called within 24 hrs.
The board have agreed that communication has been poor and that the reason L'S announcement was poor was because Graham wrote it not a press officer as he wanted it to reflect the decision not just a mutual consent cliché.
We're in discussions with managers with interviews happening next week however board didn't want that announcing before we knew our league. They're after not just the "right manager but the right man for our club"
Travel with be free to Braintree
Reserves cost nothing
We made 15k on the snack bar last year and 40k from the bar
The board got explained the work they're doing and got asked would there be better ways for them to communicate their work so that we trust them to do the job and they agreed.
They're looking at not putting tinpot articles about mowers on the website and using the website space to shout out our club achievements.
The club didn't set the reserves up, Chris Rowley and someone else set it up themselves which might go some way to explaining why he is involved.
Board agreed mistakes had been made with the way things had happened.

And for some reason Liam Watson kept getting brought up
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:04:48 AM by Jack Jolly »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2016, 09:41:40 AM »

Thanks Jack.

Did my horse win?  'Vayros' despair' in the second race
Full time and proud of it

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2016, 10:56:16 AM »

Thanks Jack.
Straight answers to simple questions. No need for them to be turned into an argument on this forum.

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »

Thanks Jack

So to confirm it was said that Tolson got the job only because nobody else was interested within 24 hours? But now there is interest and interviews next week?

Also what was said about LS departure? Why?

Was there any apologies from the board for getting us into this mess?

bumble

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »

Thanks Jack

So to confirm it was said that Tolson got the job only because nobody else was interested within 24 hours? But now there is interest and interviews next week?

Also what was said about LS departure? Why?

Was there any apologies from the board for getting us into this mess?

No Jamie, Tolson was appointed caretaker manager because the board felt the players within the club were more than capable of keeping us up and they felt a decisive decision needed to be made. They felt (and gave this as a hypothetical name) if Liam Watson came in and spent money bringing in his 10 mates from other clubs that it would disrupt a dressing room capable of keeping us up.

L'S did not want to be at the football club any longer. Graham admitted that the board should have got our press officers to write it and he did apologise for the way it was handled BUT Graham also stated the BBC reported in correct facts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:34:54 PM by Jack Jolly »

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2016, 04:52:18 PM »

They certainly made a decisive decision, and it's ended up with us all but relegated -

Great judgement

Then again it's a decision we all would have made isn't it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Questions Thread