PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Questions Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Questions Thread  (Read 39621 times)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2016, 07:47:02 AM »

Increasing the gate fee would be a backwards step. All the hard work to attract new fans would be undone straightaway, you may be able to afford it but a lot of people won't pay it.

I agree as we have done something right to get nearly 1,400 people to watch us play relegated Welling, who do not have a following.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2016, 08:12:35 AM »

I think at the moment we've got a job on to keep people watching us next season without any raise in prices tbh.

bighairedmike

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2016, 08:20:53 AM »

I was talking to my non-Alty going mate the other day and he asked me how much entry was, when I said £14 he nearly spat his beer out. "For 5th tier football that's outrageous" was the reply. When I told him that was one of the cheapest in the league he was flabbergasted. He's the kind of person that you'd want to attract as a floating fan. Increasing the price is only going to turn people away when we should be doing all we can to get them through the gate.

andrewflynn

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2016, 08:43:47 AM »

May be an idea to bring back those free U12 / U16 tickets that we used to put in the Messenger / Leisure Centre. We need to retain these fresh faces next season and it'll be tough to do so in a lower division. We should be throwing the kitchen sink at it and doing all we can.

bumble

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »

May be an idea to bring back those free U12 / U16 tickets that we used to put in the Messenger / Leisure Centre. We need to retain these fresh faces next season and it'll be tough to do so in a lower division. We should be throwing the kitchen sink at it and doing all we can.

Didn't you or someone else ask this exact question and the board say it costs money.

However, I think that there could be a way around it by having a few shops in the town centre/timperley village or schools that distribute it.

bighairedmike

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2016, 09:56:19 AM »

It was me Jack. £100 (iirc) every week for the free tickets because of the new owners/publishers of the paper.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2016, 10:19:20 AM »

Hi guys the club should approach the  Hale Altrincham and Sale Independent which goes out free to thousands every month and is free in most major supermarkets, some sort of ticket scheme or voucher collection would be good, and I know there rates are much better than the messenger.

bumble

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2016, 11:03:53 AM »

Do we have teachers in our fan base?

If the club sent them tickets they could set up a distribution point in their schools?

Or a downloadable ticket from our website?

Or EVEN - and godforbid we go high-tech - could we tweet out something and let kids show it on their smart phones....

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2016, 11:33:48 AM »

I was talking to my non-Alty going mate the other day and he asked me how much entry was, when I said £14 he nearly spat his beer out. "For 5th tier football that's outrageous" was the reply. When I told him that was one of the cheapest in the league he was flabbergasted. He's the kind of person that you'd want to attract as a floating fan. Increasing the price is only going to turn people away when we should be doing all we can to get them through the gate.

People like that are presumably City/United fans who watch the match on TV at the pub or when someone offers them a ticket to Etihad/OT. It is outrageous yes but that is the going rate for football in England and it's a rip off at all levels. It's around 60 quid to watch City or United away at any of the London sides (until next season at least). People like this unfortunately have utterly no grasp of the way football is run and priced in this country.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »

Yes I agree, people who balk at paying £14 would really only want to pay 6 or 7 or at most 10 which would put us at a big loss
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Questions Thread