Neil Tolson as manager
- 4 (0.6%)
Holness
- 22 (3.4%)
Lawrie
- 13 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Who would you retain?  (Read 75188 times)

arnald

Re: Who would you retain?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 11:24:47 PM »

f**k you alty you let the fans down go f**k ya self

arnald

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 11:32:39 PM »

Get rid of the lot f**kin shame on you alty

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 12:08:08 AM »

Retain Deasy, Densmore, Leather, Holness (if possible), Richman, Moult, and Reeves.

Heathcote contracted - but would loan out, not good enough.

The rest can go. I'll get hammered for Lawrie - should have gone last season, and Haven - Just doesn't do it, and Griffin - beaten too many times by wingers.

Finally Sinnott... 1) doesn't want to be here, 2) at RB,too far off the line and gets beaten, 3) at RM, doesn't do enough consistently (Welling excepted)

If I missed anyone, it's because they're not good enough...

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 12:40:09 AM »

I know he's totally forgettable but you've missed O'Keefe off the list. Mind you I wouldn't expect anyone would vote to keep him.

I agree with getting rid of most of the squad but one problem we will have next season is that we will be below a number of clubs, Stockport, Fylde, FCUM and Salford for example, in the pecking order for signing North West based players. All these clubs will be able to offer higher wages, bigger crowds to play in front of, TV appearance opportunities etc so we could be left searching for scraps again like last summer.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »

No James Lawrie?
A luxury we can't afford.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 09:46:25 AM »

What we need is a completely fresh face as manager and a real roll up the sleeves hard nosed attitude.  Things have gone stale and familiar and they need to be swept away.

There will be teams with bigger budgets next season but we will still be competitive. The board owe it to the fans to show intent, confidence, ambition. Ruthlessness even. The nice friendly community stuff is great off the pitch. We need to be bastards a bit more, football wise.

I just fear we will have a half arsed former player appointment and six of the current team starting in August. 

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »

You're right to say that things have gone stale Bob. This is one of things that worried me, that the board could not see this happening in front of their very eyes.

Anyway, enough of banging that particular drum I suppose.

If you're asking about next seasons retained list, the first thing is it has to be players who want to be here. If anyone's not arsed then it's best they go. I think we've got some good players but the way I feel right now if I never saw most of them again I think id get over it!

For the record, I'd retain Deasy Densmore leather Heathcote Richman Moult Clee and Reeves. I'd get Luca, Masha and Holness in a room and find out which ones are desperate to stay then keep two of them.

Rankine has done well for us but conference north teams love aerial battles and I think he'd be less effective.

I'm not sure who on earth cited to keep Crowther by the way.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »

Ballers - the telling thing about the 8 names on your retained list is that 7 of the 8 names were at the club last time we were in conf north (9 out of 11 if you include the 3 centre backs). I don't think any sane person would disagree with your choices. It puts into stark focus the paucity of our recruitment policy over the last 2 years.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 12:49:42 PM »

Ballers - the telling thing about the 8 names on your retained list is that 7 of the 8 names were at the club last time we were in conf north (9 out of 11 if you include the 3 centre backs). I don't think any sane person would disagree with your choices. It puts into stark focus the paucity of our recruitment policy over the last 2 years.

That's a good point but it suggests the budget is the issue, we can afford CN players but step up a level and we struggle to attract. So if we cannot afford the necessary wages while others can, why is that? Not talking about your "big" teams here with large gates but we haven't done bad recently, two years averaging over 1200. Do all the others go sh*t or bust?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 02:57:54 PM »

No James Lawrie?

Should be the first to be shown the door. Absolutely awful player. >:( >:(

Not an awful player. He's technically one of the best, just so inconsistent and not enough fight

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 07:09:05 PM »

That's a good point but it suggests the budget is the issue, we can afford CN players but step up a level and we struggle to attract. So if we cannot afford the necessary wages while others can, why is that? Not talking about your "big" teams here with large gates but we haven't done bad recently, two years averaging over 1200. Do all the others go sh*t or bust?

This was a problem from kick off back in August - best 11 at the  clu b was virtually the Conf North play off final team - two seasons and squad not strengthened at all - its why we  are back in the north
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 07:20:46 PM »

I would keep Deasey,  Dens, Havern, Leather, Marshall  ( if he can keep fit ), Moult, Richman, Clee, Crowther ( if he man's up with his injuries ), Reeves, Rankine ( if he loses his attitude and weight). If we could get Holness then he would be a good addition and give us 4 good centre backs.

brian1925

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 07:34:38 PM »

Crowther? You must be joking.

Ranks has a bad back. I like the guy, but that is hardly likely to get better in Conference North! I can see someone like Tony Gray joining.

4 centre backs? Absolutely no chance of that - we are not Fleetwood. Leather and Holness would be good, while assessing Masha's fitness.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 07:39:34 PM »

I would keep Deasey,  Dens, Havern, Leather, Marshall  ( if he can keep fit ), Moult, Richman, Clee, Crowther ( if he man's up with his injuries ), Reeves, Rankine ( if he loses his attitude and weight). If we could get Holness then he would be a good addition and give us 4 good centre backs.

Crowther would probably go down with writer's cramp whilst signing his new contract.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »

Crowther would probably go down with writer's cramp whilst signing his new contract.

haha that is funny. Just thinking we need wide players but I suppose Crowther cries off far too often. Ranks might have a bad back but he's played a fair few games so unless he's on a ridiculous wage I defo think we should keep him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who would you retain?