Neil Tolson as manager
- 4 (0.6%)
Holness
- 22 (3.4%)
Lawrie
- 13 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Who would you retain?  (Read 74836 times)

GB Alty

Re: Who would you retain?
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »

On the basis of the Manager's initial comments and in particular him wanting players 'that can be depended upon',  I'd guess he's offering terms to:-

Deasy
Leather
Reeves
Clee (if fit)
Marshall (if fit)

Adding them to:-

Densmore
Moult
Richman
Heathcote

I'd say that's a reasonable starting point.

I don't think Young will be taking chances on players that have to prove their fitness, just don't have the budget to take a gamble and carry passengers

It's a shame because a fit Clee is our best player - the fault of previous management for running him into the ground when not fit

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2016, 01:29:03 PM »

Surprised so few have expressed an interest in keeping Holness. I think he's been excellent since coming in. Very professional

Again it completely depends on who Young has in mind, but I'm sure we could do worse at Conf North level than to put a deal to him.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2016, 02:30:45 PM »

It's a shame because a fit Clee is our best player - the fault of previous management for running him into the ground when not fit

Typical negative finger pointing crap from you Jamie, you a doctor now as well?
Clee got injured in pre-season,... you know thats when players are getting fit,... then they spent months hardly playing him at all, resting it, following medical advice that injections would work before he broke down in a rare cameo and an operation was required.
Nicky told me both groins were worn out from years of turning right backs inside out!

Hopefully Young keeps a rejuvenated fit Nicky, if not and he joins a competitor, and plenty will be in the queue, we may regret it later.

andrewflynn

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »

Surprised so few have expressed an interest in keeping Holness. I think he's been excellent since coming in. Very professional

What's to keep? He's not our player. He would be taking a huge pay cut and dropping a league to play for a club he has no affinity towards. I understand he's been let go by Tranmere and I'd be happy to see him back but the man has played the vast majority of his football at League level. I'd by surprised if he didn't land a Conference gig.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2016, 03:19:24 PM »

What's to keep? He's not our player. He would be taking a huge pay cut and dropping a league to play for a club he has no affinity towards. I understand he's been let go by Tranmere and I'd be happy to see him back but the man has played the vast majority of his football at League level. I'd by surprised if he didn't land a Conference gig.

Ah yes, but you never know when players are ready to land their first PT gig to pursue other avenues (within the game or otherwise), and we always need to remember we're one of the best PT teams in the whole of the north west.

But I agree, it's more likely he'll rock up at Barrow.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »

Typical negative finger pointing crap from you Jamie, you a doctor now as well?
Clee got injured in pre-season,... you know thats when players are getting fit,... then they spent months hardly playing him at all, resting it, following medical advice that injections would work before he broke down in a rare cameo and an operation was required.
Nicky told me both groins were worn out from years of turning right backs inside out!

Jesus Ian, take your Visor Blinders off man. Re-read what you've written, you couldn't have backed Jamie's argument up more.

You can argue if you like whether it's worth mentioning but you know full well Nicky was run into the ground.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2016, 04:55:52 PM »

On the basis of the Manager's initial comments and in particular him wanting players 'that can be depended upon',  I'd guess he's offering terms to:-

Deasy
Leather
Reeves
Clee (if fit)
Marshall (if fit)

Adding them to:-

Densmore
Moult
Richman
Heathcote

I'd say that's a reasonable starting point.

Has my vote, but as said .- need to deal with possibility of signing on two players who may only be available half a season or else money is better spent elsewhere

A rejuvinated  Reeves needed - the others (especially Lawrie) have had their chances and not taken them - Crowther has poor availability and Rankine looks to have gained weight despite battle we just lost - others marginal but seemed to lose interest

Keep a few youngsters too - Saville ? Williams ? Swift?

Possibly Williams, haven't seen enough of him. A firm no for Saville.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2016, 05:03:08 PM »

Tranmere have released Holness.

Depends  on his desire or not to want to stay full time. If not I hope he signs
Full time and proud of it

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2016, 07:14:28 PM »

Jesus Ian, take your Visor Blinders off man. Re-read what you've written, you couldn't have backed Jamie's argument up more.
You can argue if you like whether it's worth mentioning but you know full well Nicky was run into the ground.

Jamie blames the previous management. He has no factual basis for this accusation other than his usual negativity.
Nicky's injuries were not caused by the previous management, Nicky told me that himself. It was just wear and tear.

Clear enough now.

My main concern is keeping Nicky, a fully fit Nicky was what we missed most last year.

GB Alty

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2016, 07:28:37 PM »

Jamie blames the previous management. He has no factual basis for this accusation other than his usual negativity.
Nicky's injuries were not caused by the previous management, Nicky told me that himself. It was just wear and tear.

Clear enough now.

My main concern is keeping Nicky, a fully fit Nicky was what we missed most last year.

your full of sh*t Ian

You have said yourself that they were giving him injections and playing him then he breaks down and needs an op

If thats not running a player into the ground then I dont know what is?

Previous management crippled Densmore for a year as well by rushing him back into the team when not fit

It wasn't bad luck it was bad management

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2016, 08:07:43 PM »

Jamie you seem to know more than the player himself about his injury. Are you his doctor now?
You frequently offer your opinion on lots of things without any factual basis, this is another example.

Who's full of sh.t then?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2016, 09:39:51 PM »

Is 13 sub appearances with an injury enough of a factual basis to prove it wasn't a 'rare cameo'?

Or are you talking sh*t?

What was the reason for carrying on playing Clee? i.e was he booked in for an operation anyway and he just had to get to that point? The fact is we just carried on playing him with injections, that won't make him get any better.

If you've had enough or people being negative (or you perceive them to be) well that's fair enough but you clearly don't know what you're talking about here.

For the record, and this goes against me always saying we need to be harder, I really think we actually owe Clee a proper offer

But anyway..,

taxi Phil

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »

Is 13 sub appearances with an injury enough of a factual basis to prove it wasn't a 'rare cameo'?

Or are you talking sh*t?

What was the reason for carrying on playing Clee? i.e was he booked in for an operation anyway and he just had to get to that point? The fact is we just carried on playing him with injections, that won't make him get any better.

If you've had enough or people being negative (or you perceive them to be) well that's fair enough but you clearly don't know what you're talking about here.

For the record, and this goes against me always saying we need to be harder, I really think we actually owe Clee a proper offer

But anyway..,

We DEFINITELY owe  Clee a proper offer. And has anyone considered that he might have actually WANTED to play ?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2016, 09:52:36 PM »

For me the responsibility of clee is as much with himself as well as the management. For numerous pre-seasons, he's not returned to the fitness levels expected, hence why it's usually around October before we see him at full flight. This year, after getting the injury in pre season, he never recovered but we still made him available to play.

IMO, I think we should say to him 'let's see how you look end of June' before deciding on giving him a deal.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10:02 PM »

Any offer we make Nicky must clearly be fitness dependent. If he can prove his fitness then great.
He told me that since the ops his groins feel miles better than they have for ages. Lets hope its worked for his sake at least.
He is getting on now (31 I think) and he has always been prone to injury due to the way he plays and his sedentary worklife.

What started off my reaction was Jamie just blaming the management for his injury, which is patently just an opinion based on pure conjecture,.. as usual.

I am sick of this negativity and blame culture by certain individuals on here. Why cant people accept that people do things, including the player, with the best intentions?

Nicky wanted to play, he had sound medical advice that said injections and rest would cure it, the management followed that medical advice.
However, when he was slowly eased back in short sub appearances (as the player wanted) this revealed that injections would not fix it and he needed an operation.

How is that the fault of the management? unless you want to blame the physio and doctors now as well?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who would you retain?