News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Little & O'Neill re-sign

Author Topic: Little & O'Neill re-sign  (Read 4582 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Little & O'Neill re-sign
« on: May 10, 2007, 06:13:27 PM »

Can't see this anywhere else, so apologies if it's old news...

According to this week's SAM both Colin Little and Joe O'Neill have re-signed for next season.

Surprised at Joe staying - SAM say that Rotherham were interested, but good news for us :)

bighairedmike

Re: Little & O'Neill re-sign
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »

This is great news. If they both stay fit for next season then i think we'd be sorted. Great partnership and would do well in conf/blue square  north

T.A

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 07:06:57 PM »

joe will show how good he is against rotherham

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:54:09 PM »

Great news, we'll piss that tinpot league if the conference show they have no moral backbone and dont give us another season at national level at the expense of one of the cheating clubs  ;D

lukealty12

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:56:22 PM »

great news lets hope all the rest follow!!!

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

This is excellent news......I think these two will be a real handful in Conf sorry, Blue Square North!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:40:51 PM »

My main reservation about Joe O'Neill is that he is simply not a natural goalscorer.
He only managed 8 goals in 45 games last season.

I know that we will be playing at a lower level but I really don't see him scoring 20 goals next season and, therefore, the goalscoring responsibility will once again rest on Colin Little's shoulders.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 09:44:27 PM »

this last seasons we've had goals from players all over the park, not just the strikers. if we can do the same next year and with joe getting a few more (maybe playing at a lower level, scoring more goals will boost his confidence) and colin playing more games than he did this season we should be allryt for goals.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 11:34:02 PM »

My main reservation about Joe O'Neill is that he is simply not a natural goalscorer.

I know that we will be playing at a lower level but I really don't see him scoring 20 goals next season and, therefore, the goalscoring responsibility will once again rest on Colin Little's shoulders.

every time this is raised i say this, joe is not a striker he is a forward, he makes the chances and chips in the odd few, but please bear in mind he only got 5 less than colin little and was our second highest goalscorer cult... if rotherham were interested then it just shows his qualities shined through from the side of his game we need, holding up the ball laying and it off for others.

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 03:06:32 AM »

every time this is raised i say this, joe is not a striker he is a forward, he makes the chances and chips in the odd few, but please bear in mind he only got 5 less than colin little and was our second highest goalscorer cult... if rotherham were interested then it just shows his qualities shined through from the side of his game we need, holding up the ball laying and it off for others.

dont worry, if we signed ronaldo and henry cult would still complain about proneness to injuries or sponsorship from the wrong boot company  ;)
this is great news, lets hope the rest follow suit

out_come_the_wolves

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »

It's great to see a player like O'Neill using his head and sticking to his studies rather than going off to Rotherham. The influence of having spent time with Little who has made the most of being part-time.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »

Colin Little did play 9 fewer games though...

O'Neill has plenty of commendable qualities but (sorry) I just don't see him rattling in the goals next season, which once again puts all the pressure on Colin Little to be prolific.

What certainly would help both of them though is if we were to sign a winger to supply some ammunition, as we desperately lacked width last season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Butty

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »

i can alredi smell the sh8t from the bsn defenders from here at that news

lukealty12

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 10:07:46 PM »

apparently joe turned down rotheram
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Little & O'Neill re-sign