PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY  (Read 15176 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »

The initial comments were nothing more than anyone would expect to hear in the circumstances.

Coming over was Graham's decision

Danny interjected of his own initiative and there was a right of reply to that.

There were no comments made about "family"

Maybe not a liar Steve but you need to take off your carnage visors or refrain from pretending you are imparting an even portrayal of events
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

GB Alty

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 02:22:44 PM »

Who is Danny?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 04:06:33 PM »

Danny is our programme seller at the Golf Road end, along with Sarah Rowley.

bumble

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 04:47:33 PM »

Danny is our programme seller at the Golf Road end, along with Sarah Rowley.

You mean Dan Jones?

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »

Steve, Graham came over and approached the supporters. The supporters did not spot Graham.

Anyway, I was stunned Graham came over. Not the best decision in the world. What did he expect to get? A pat on the pack and a "well, there's always next year"? A round of applause for presiding over the cock up of Griffith, severe drop in form, inability to replace players & appointment of Tolson?

The fans in the area are frustrated with a relegation that many feel could have been avoided if better key decisions had been made.

One of Graham's points was that a manager was not available (of the 42 expressions of interest) after Sinnott leaving. He also did not want to listen to other supporters who were critical of Tolson's tenure. Nor did I like the Chairman shouting for someone to take over his job. It was a no win action that was, frankly, bizarre. Grahame should be applauded for the amount of work he has done for the club over the years, but needs to learn how to handle those who are severely angered with what has happened this season. A priority needs to be getting other people in to assist at this level. Unfortunately, I work out of the country for 10 months a year.

Lets also clear something else up. There was no abuse aimed at Graham's family, although I agree some of what was said in the heat of the moment was over the top.

Back to the match. It was awful. No ideas, no communication. The sort of thing I would expect from a pre-season friendly. Braintree didnt have to get out of 2nd gear. Rankine was off the pitch as soon as the whistle went. I felt sorry for Ginnelly who showed more passion than the rest of the squad.

The most frustrating element is that the group of players could and should have been good enough to avoid relegation, given the right management.

Anyway, Neil Young looks like a good appointment. Even if he has been out of work since leaving Stockport in January.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »

I noticed that about Rankine, fastest I've seen him move all season. Hope that's the last we see of him at Alty and please, no more mercenaries like him.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »

Over the last few seasons we do seem to sign strikers who are on the large side

Not you Damo

brian1925

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 05:27:27 PM »

It's a shame about Ranks. A bit fitter and in a team with Clee, it might have been different for him. I agree, it's probably the end for him and it looks like a mutual break from what I've heard. We need to keep Reeves. Yes, he's been awful this season, but Neil needs to put an arm round the lad and persuade him to stay.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 05:53:40 PM »

Absolutely brilliant original post Steve from Sale.  My thoughts entirely and couldn't have put it better. 

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »

Thanks Scottie, very much appreciated.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 06:49:04 PM »

Steve, Graham came over and approached the supporters. The supporters did not spot Graham.

Anyway, I was stunned Graham came over. Not the best decision in the world. What did he expect to get? A pat on the pack and a "well, there's always next year"? A round of applause for presiding over the cock up of Griffith, severe drop in form, inability to replace players & appointment of Tolson?

The fans in the area are frustrated with a relegation that many feel could have been avoided if better key decisions had been made.

One of Graham's points was that a manager was not available (of the 42 expressions of interest) after Sinnott leaving. He also did not want to listen to other supporters who were critical of Tolson's tenure. Nor did I like the Chairman shouting for someone to take over his job. It was a no win action that was, frankly, bizarre. Grahame should be applauded for the amount of work he has done for the club over the years, but needs to learn how to handle those who are severely angered with what has happened this season. A priority needs to be getting other people in to assist at this level. Unfortunately, I work out of the country for 10 months a year.

Lets also clear something else up. There was no abuse aimed at Graham's family, although I agree some of what was said in the heat of the moment was over the top.

Back to the match. It was awful. No ideas, no communication. The sort of thing I would expect from a pre-season friendly. Braintree didnt have to get out of 2nd gear. Rankine was off the pitch as soon as the whistle went. I felt sorry for Ginnelly who showed more passion than the rest of the squad.

The most frustrating element is that the group of players could and should have been good enough to avoid relegation, given the right management.

Anyway, Neil Young looks like a good appointment. Even if he has been out of work since leaving Stockport in January.

A far more accurate account.

Positive appointment in Neil Young, fingers crossed.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 07:20:49 PM »

To be fair Grahame and/or his family often come over and stand with supporters at away games, especially at games where fans have made an extra effort to get there. I recall Bromley and FGR and also at Dover on a bitterly cold evening on St Patrick's Day last year when we only had about 20 fans.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »

So, if no other options were available when Lee left, but Young left Stockport in January, what was he upto between Jan and now? Perhaps these other options weren't actually explored?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 07:29:50 PM »

Maybes are maybes now. Thankfully action has now been taken .  New start, let's move on and up. Welcome to Neil.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 08:29:24 AM »

I agree with you SW. I am going to file this into the past now.

The club has now taken action, brought in the best manager currently available, and actioned the relegation. Whether this should have been done earlier in the season is now immaterial, the board felt they were doing the right thing but it did not work out I'm afraid; so we move on.

I have not commented, but I agree the performance was spineless and not what I anticipated on the way down to Braintree. From the board down to us the fans, we were all taken by surprise by what happened at Braintree.

In my own conclusion from this game, there are players who have no wish to stay at the club, good or otherwise. What I want Neil Young to do first is get all our current players together, find out those who want to stay and are good enough. Those who are not fully committed whether good enough or not, should be removed. I want players who want to play for the club, there are 9 or 10 I believe from the current squad who do fit this criteria. We will find out who they are when the retain list is published. Expect possibly some surprises.

After that it is up to Neil, the rebuilding during the summer is going to be interesting, and I feel much better now the board have acted swiftly. Looking forward to next season more now, I don't ask for immediate promotion, but steady re-building. Lets see what happens on the roller-coaster that is Alty FC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MESSAGE FOR GRAHAM ROWLEY AND FAMILY