PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY APPOINT NEIL YOUNG
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: ALTY APPOINT NEIL YOUNG  (Read 38661 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ALTY APPOINT NEIL YOUNG
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2016, 11:21:03 PM »

this is what happens when you come out of your kitchen ,  get back in there because all of you crying like women for silly tit for tat comments is unbelievably sad cult and mr edwards both do a lot for the club and at times may disagree with each other ... you are aloud to have different opinions ever stalwarts as these two gentlemen are , the rest of you are just looking for a fight so please on behalf of the silent majority and from the bottom of my arse STFU i hope you all have a great close season and i hope most of you are able to remove your heads from your arses
FFS

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2016, 01:21:25 AM »

I can't help feeling that it was an error of judgment to include those paragraphs relating to the chairman's reported experience at Braintree within the press release that announced the appointment of Neil Young.

If the chairman wished to make an issue about any perceived incident(s) with some of the club's paying supporters, then I think it would have been more appropriate if he were to have submitted a separate statement for inclusion on the Altrincham FC website rather than shoehorn such comments into a piece which should have comprised nothing other than a entirely positive account of the advent of a new era for the club.

Er, how was it an error of judgement? The chairman wanted his say on events at Braintree. That was entirely understandable, but I argued the headline for any piece should be the appointment of a new manager. A positive piece, and the one item of news every supporter wanted to hear about. He agreed with that, and, accordingly, Neil Young's quotes formed the main thrust of the article. Are you seriously suggesting it was wrong to then add the chairman's observations about Braintree on the end? Why? It all related to why Neil Tolson didn't get the job and why Neil Young did. At least, it was all part of the same subject. Don't forget, Grahame said, amidst it all, he fronted up Tols and Matt Doughty and told them they hadn't got the job. That's all part of the story. And let's not have any of this nonsense about anything negative in the main article being picked up by the media. It would have been picked up anyway. I know for a fact the Manchester Evening News monitor our website. It's in the public domain. If anything, a separate piece, with a headline along the lines of chairman having a go at fans, would have had an even greater chance of making it into the papers. The general response to the piece on the website yesterday was gratifyingly positive. What a shame then that you saw fit to pick fault with it. Even worse, you've provided ammunition for the usual suspects to come out with tiresomely predictable stuff like 'another error of judgement' etc, etc. There are times when I despair, and this is one of them.

John,

Thank you for your response.

I also found the majority of that press release to be "gratifyingly positive".

However, I just felt that some of the chairman's comments (e.g. "she thought I was going to lamp someone but I've gone past those days") did jar somewhat with the largely progressive tone of the piece.

That's all.

Please don't despair.

I think that we've all had more than enough of experiencing that particular emotion this season.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:26:20 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

andrewflynn

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2016, 08:15:59 AM »

Personally I think it needed to be completely separate, we can't even announce a new manager without getting the old violin out. It makes no sense and it confused me when I read it, kind of like "oh, that's a bit bad, and I'd like to hear more about this, but why am I having this thrown on me when I'm trying to gain information about our new appointment." It just didn't make sense to me. I felt very positive reading the article and Neil Young's comments. The tone is perfect and it is very informative. I'm just not too sure why the tone had to change with the inclusion of events post-Braintree. They're just not relevant to the headline. You can't expect it to not put a downer on things. It's a negative subject, that's natural. People come away from the article with a negative topic to discuss as a result...

bumble

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2016, 09:56:40 AM »

Personally I think it needed to be completely separate, we can't even announce a new manager without getting the old violin out. It makes no sense and it confused me when I read it, kind of like "oh, that's a bit bad, and I'd like to hear more about this, but why am I having this thrown on me when I'm trying to gain information about our new appointment." It just didn't make sense to me. I felt very positive reading the article and Neil Young's comments. The tone is perfect and it is very informative. I'm just not too sure why the tone had to change with the inclusion of events post-Braintree. They're just not relevant to the headline. You can't expect it to not put a downer on things. It's a negative subject, that's natural. People come away from the article with a negative topic to discuss as a result...

Especially if we're discussing new era's and drawing a line etc.

ripleym

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:07 AM »

It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't these days, it would appear.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »

There are just too many people wanting to over analyse everything at the moment.

Go have a holiday, watch the Euro,s and comeback for a fresh start.

andrewflynn

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »

Its not over analysing at all.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »

There are just too many people wanting to over analyse everything at the moment.

Go have a holiday, watch the Euro,s and comeback for a fresh start.

Well said - it's been done to death now, mistakes have been made - but the club will survive, and it needs our support.

Looking forward to talking about the Euros now to be honest - and then looking at the first-class squad we've assembled  :)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2016, 12:04:28 PM »

Euro election?
would not have thought that worth talking about on here!!!
Harold

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2016, 12:14:17 PM »

Euro election?
would not have thought that worth talking about on here!!!

Could be very interesting!!!!!!!

Sheffield_Alty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »

watmore money?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2016, 04:12:20 PM »

That looks more like Ballers to me....!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2016, 05:06:10 PM »

Please dont despair John, the vast majority of Alty fans greatly appreciate the work you and many other genuine club volunteers do.
You always get a few rotten apples in every barrel and some of them post their tripe on here,... and when times get tough it often brings out the worst in some people.

And you know who you are.

YOU SANCTIMONIOUS GIT

The person you are slagging off, as you well know, is the person who regularly writes articles for the Alty programme. ::)

I have no issue with Cult at all, typical of you to get it wrong.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:12:22 PM by PukkaPieman »

VofD

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2016, 07:04:35 PM »

Please dont despair John, the vast majority of Alty fans greatly appreciate the work you and many other genuine club volunteers do.
You always get a few rotten apples in every barrel and some of them post their tripe on here,... and when times get tough it often brings out the worst in some people.

And you know who you are.

YOU SANCTIMONIOUS GIT

The person you are slagging off, as you well know, is the person who regularly writes articles for the Alty programme. ::)

I have no issue with Cult at all, typical of you to get it wrong.

I don't think I did on this occasion.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2016, 09:38:55 PM »

Whilst I dont always agree with Cult, he usually offers intelligent debate and isnt always negative.
However there are some people who are tiresomely predictable and rarely offer anything but negativity and/or personal abuse or attacks on genuine people who care greatly for this club, often spending many hours of their own time and effort without reward to help the club in many ways,.... these people do not deserve this criticism and whilst I dislike getting embroiled, there are times when, on an open forum, I feel they need defending by the genuine fans.

John Edwards can see that, so can I. Can you VofD or are you one of the "usual suspects" ?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:01:26 PM by PukkaPieman »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALTY APPOINT NEIL YOUNG