PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017  (Read 27358 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »

Updates! I can finally add a "wingers" section to the squad list after the announcement today that we've signed Jamie Menagh and Billy Hasler-Cregg. Two young wide players that both look promising, they go straight into the side for the purpose of the thread but do we all expect them to be starting?

I wasn't sure who to partner Jake Moult with in midfield but I went with Charlie Joyce in the end. That's who I think Neil Young will go for. Who do you all think should start in the centre of the park?

Call me an old stick in the mud, but I might wait until they've played a game for Alty before I decide...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 10:07:57 PM »

Updates! I can finally add a "wingers" section to the squad list after the announcement today that we've signed Jamie Menagh and Billy Hasler-Cregg. Two young wide players that both look promising, they go straight into the side for the purpose of the thread but do we all expect them to be starting?

I wasn't sure who to partner Jake Moult with in midfield but I went with Charlie Joyce in the end. That's who I think Neil Young will go for. Who do you all think should start in the centre of the park?

Call me an old stick in the mud, but I might wait until they've played a game for Alty before I decide...
old stick in the mud ...
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:51 PM »

Of course things will become a lot clearer after a few friendlies, but there's still grounds for debate even at this stage. How do people feel about Simon Richman? Should he keep his place in our eleven? Do some people maybe want to see us play five in midfield next season, three in the centre?

Just trying to keep the forum chains moving is all.

Jimmy

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:28 PM »

Iv no idea what the 2 new midfield players are like,but I would be disappointed if atleast one of them wasn't better than Richman
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:33:24 PM by Jimmy »

VofD

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:53 PM »

Of course things will become a lot clearer after a few friendlies, but there's still grounds for debate even at this stage. How do people feel about Simon Richman? Should he keep his place in our eleven? Do some people maybe want to see us play five in midfield next season, three in the centre?

IMO, no. Energy levels very good but distribution of the ball very poor. Certainly a squad member but not a regular starter.

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 10:58:01 PM »

I agree with both of you. It's going to be Moult and one other, like Jimmy said, you'd hope that one of Neil Young's signings is at least technically better than Richman. Maybe not physically, but that's where he'll play a part as a good squad player.

GB Alty

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 11:03:51 PM »

no he's wank

Frosty

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 06:12:23 AM »

Whats the latest

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 04:58:11 PM »

looking at your pitch, have we only got 12 players,if so where are all the rest NY had lined up?
Harold

bighairedmike

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 05:17:17 PM »

looking at your pitch, have we only got 12 players,if so where are all the rest NY had lined up?

Three more have signed. I don't think the OP lives on this forum to update it though...  ::)

andrewflynn

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »

Sorry all, been busy.

Fifteen on the books now and we're barely into June. Can't argue with the way in which business has been done so far and I'm really eager for the season to start. It looks like we're building a squad of young, determined players who will give us some fight to cheer for. Hope that's the case.

Cyrus goes in alongside Hannigan at the back. Hobson goes up front alongside Reeves at the expense of Lawrie. Opens up a good debate - two up front this season? Or do we pack the midfield and go with Reeves on his own?

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »

Having heard what NY had to say about James Lawrie, I reckon he's a certain starter in the hole behind Reeves and Hobson. Hasler-Cregg may have to satisfied with starting from the bench, at least to begin with.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2016, 09:25:52 AM »

Having heard what NY had to say about James Lawrie, I reckon he's a certain starter in the hole behind Reeves and Hobson. Hasler-Cregg may have to satisfied with starting from the bench, at least to begin with.

To be honest, I sincerely hope Hobson is our 'Kyle Perry option' off the bench.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »

He may be our "Hobsons choice"  ::) :D

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »

Michael Rose (Stephen's brother) would be a brilliant signing at left back if he hasn't got any full-time options on the table
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017