PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017  (Read 27276 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 01:33:03 AM »

Updated now that Damian has decided to stay. Delighted with this news, who will be partnering him next season? I for one hope Michael Rankine declines terms, I'd like to see us look elsewhere.

Seven players on the books now. Centre halves and wingers incoming, surely.

andrewflynn

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 08:21:32 PM »

Updated following today's news that James Lawrie will be staying with us, and that Michael Rankine will be leaving.

I'm happy on both fronts. I think Lawrie has a lot to offer at North level and people forget he's still a relative young player. Provided he isn't put on the wing and he's given a run of games behind a striker(s) I think we will begin to see an improvement.

No doubt losing Rankine has freed up a good chunk of budget. Hopefully we can put it to good use and bring in some much needed wingers.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 10:59:01 PM »

GK;

Dawber

DEF;

Densmore
Hannigan
Heathcote

MID;

Joyce
Lynch
Moult
Richman

ATT;

Lawrie
Reeves

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 11:18:01 PM »

Will update shortly. Been out this evening.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 09:15:13 AM »

Lots of updates have been made.

Tom Hannigan goes straight in at centre back. Fylde fans seem gutted about losing him, much like Hyde did when we poached Havern a few seasons back. Looks like we could have a genuine rock at the back there so I'm very pleased with that signing. Presumably we will be bringing someone in to partner him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the gaffer give Sam Heathcote a lot of responsibility in what will be a young side this season.

I don't expect David Lynch to start, but for the purpose of trying to build a squad with the players available we now have a four man midfield! You could say we're beginning to come together in the middle now, especially if we can get first half of last season Jake Moult back. Still awaiting some wingers.

I've moved James Lawrie into 'forwards' after news that he'll be played as a #10. Great to hear.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:12 AM »

Taking shape nicely right there

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 09:40:34 AM »

Great to see things being done early and with a minimum of fuss. A big change from last summer.

Neil Young has clearly come in with a clear plan and vision, very encouraging start i think.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »

Young out
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 10:00:50 AM »

LB, CB, GK, 2/3 Wingers, 2 Strikers would bring us up to 18/19

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 11:26:08 AM »

Pretty well on the money Jack, but I'd look for a creative midfielder rather than a third winger.

bumble

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 11:29:58 AM »

Are we to assume that the reserve keeper Williams had also been released?

Another GK will be coming in to challenge for the no.1 spot. Williams is being considered by Young

bighairedmike

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »

Pretty well on the money Jack, but I'd look for a creative midfielder rather than a third winger.

I also think we'll be looking at someone who can comfortably play CB as well as their normal position. Going in with only 3 CBs was a mistake we made last season when Masha got injured.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 06:48:36 PM »

Lots of updates have been made.

Tom Hannigan goes straight in at centre back. Fylde fans seem gutted about losing him, much like Hyde did when we poached Havern a few seasons back. Looks like we could have a genuine rock at the back there so I'm very pleased with that signing. Presumably we will be bringing someone in to partner him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the gaffer give Sam Heathcote a lot of responsibility in what will be a young side this season.

I don't expect David Lynch to start, but for the purpose of trying to build a squad with the players available we now have a four man midfield! You could say we're beginning to come together in the middle now, especially if we can get first half of last season Jake Moult back. Still awaiting some wingers.

I've moved James Lawrie into 'forwards' after news that he'll be played as a #10. Great to hear.

Personally I think David Lynch could be a key 1st team player. He's stepped up from the same level as Ant Danylyck did when we signed him and  comes with very good reviews.

I'd be inclined to bring in two more central defenders with one of those able to fill in at left back if necessary although Idon't think NY is afraid of using the loan market to cover any injuries unlike the previous management.

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2016, 07:41:45 PM »

I would hope we go into the season with more than 2 fullbacks it cost us dearly last season,I'm sure Youngy will sort out a decent balanced squad

andrewflynn

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 07:15:38 PM »

Updates! I can finally add a "wingers" section to the squad list after the announcement today that we've signed Jamie Menagh and Billy Hasler-Cregg. Two young wide players that both look promising, they go straight into the side for the purpose of the thread but do we all expect them to be starting?

I wasn't sure who to partner Jake Moult with in midfield but I went with Charlie Joyce in the end. That's who I think Neil Young will go for. Who do you all think should start in the centre of the park?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil Young's Altrincham: 2016/2017