PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Football League to expand with 5th division
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Football League to expand with 5th division  (Read 16115 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Football League to expand with 5th division
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 09:18:39 AM »

If it goes ahead I think the natural solution would be to make the 6th tier (eg conf national) regional

I was thinking this yesterday.

The definition between league and non-league should be national and regional football
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »

My point is how the goalposts are moved and rules manipulated.
Sticking strictly to how this is relevant to Alty - our history is full of it.
What we are missing is how the hierarchy and many elite professionals think.
I once heard a speech delivered by Gary Bailey, probably one of the most educated of footballers and a genuinely nice guy, and he argued that all money should be put into a 20 team Premier League and all other clubs discarded.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 10:26:32 AM »

I suspect that we wont be one of the 8 teams in the new div 3 so therefore we will be effectively a div below, we might end up with a scenario such as we had in the unibond days where we will need to finish top 10 that year to be in the equiv of the conf national
Bernard Taylors barmy army

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 12:19:40 PM »

The clubs below survived their relegation battles this year, under the new rules these teams would drop a league. How can the FA convince the boards of these clubs that it makes financial sense to take the drop.

Championship
Rotherham – survived but would get relegated from championship to new league 1

League 1
Oldham, Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury – survived but would drop to new league 2

League 2 Biggest Losers
Wycombe, Exeter, Barnet, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stevenage, Yeovil, Crawley, Morecambe, Newport – would be relegated to new league 3

If 6 or more voting league clubs are not convinced the changes don’t get passed.

I am not sure reserve teams will feature as such. I cannot see reserve teams working, they need grounds to play at and fans to come and watch. What if the 1st team get relegated or go bust. I think the reserve structure adds too many complications.

I would like to see major clubs adopting non-league clubs as feeder teams, giving their younger players an opportunity to run out on a Saturday and play against men, rather than run around mid-week in front of a handful of fans.

I am convinced football needs to change, but not sure if the plan will get passed. However as half of a famous Saturday lunchtime pairing used to say ‘it’s a funny old game’.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 10:42:41 PM »

Some of those League Two outfits I would gladly demote.....

Starting with Wycscum obviously
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 08:39:19 AM »

A bit like the ICC who answer to Ireland humiliating England at Cricket was to stop them from entering future World Cups.

What an absolutely irrelevant load of dog toffee!

Any excuse to slate the English, hey?

As if I or anyone else need an excuse. As usual there will be no punishment. And the slate on your house roof is probably Welsh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36504410

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 08:50:19 AM »

As if I or anyone else need an excuse. As usual there will be no punishment. And the slate on your house roof is probably Welsh.

What has that got to do with this thread?

Start your own "I hate the English" thread for your bizarre ranting please, then we can all ignore it.
Come on Alty!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »

Start your own "I hate the English" thread for your bizarre ranting please, then we can all ignore it.

I and most of Europe for that matter do not hate the English. We just feel that everyone should be treated equally and fairly, but you are obviously one of those that don't. My point is that some governing bodies look after their elite at the expense of others and it happens in other sports. Trust you to suggest starting another post that is non Alty related.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2016, 10:07:48 AM »

I am not saying anything about being treated fairly or not. You posted a link about idiots fighting with police when it was completely out of context, you utter fruitcake!
Come on Alty!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »

I and most of Europe for that matter do not hate the English. We just feel that everyone should be treated equally and fairly, but you are obviously one of those that don't. My point is that some governing bodies look after their elite at the expense of others and it happens in other sports. Trust you to suggest starting another post that is non Alty related.

Why the need to post a link about England fans misbehaving? What is the relevance? I'm not burying my head in the sand about what happened, and some English fans are an embarrassment. But why bring it up on this thread?

It's clear from some of your posts over the years that you like to have a pop at England (not just in football).  Fine, but doing it on a forum for a football club that is overwhelmingly English in all its aspects doesnt make sense to me.

And just so you know, my wife is from Ireland. There is a time and a place, that's all.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 12:37:44 PM »

The England supporters were attacked, now everyone has a camera and video recorder in their phone some of the unfair blame apportioned to England supporters will be shown up as complete rubbish. Yes England have brainless chair chucking idiots that follow them. But I've seen first hand situations manipulated in foreign countries whilst watching England where outright provocation by the authorities and groups have natives have led to a situation the locals wanted to ensue

Here's one example from yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/awaydaysatthefootball/videos/508171246054798/

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »

Why the need to post a link about England fans misbehaving? What is the relevance? I'm not burying my head in the sand about what happened, and some English fans are an embarrassment. But why bring it up on this thread?

It's clear from some of your posts over the years that you like to have a pop at England (not just in football).  Fine, but doing it on a forum for a football club that is overwhelmingly English in all its aspects doesnt make sense to me.

And just so you know, my wife is from Ireland. There is a time and a place, that's all.

My original reply was I used an example how the goal posts are moved to suit the elite. I have been following Alty long enough to know we have been victims over the years and I hope it doesn't happen again - hence I am against the 5th division. If any of you read my post it was quite clear that I was siding with the underdog. The reply was twisting it into an accusation of 'any excuse to slate the English'. No one needs an excuse when England fans behave like they do. The 'Anti' suggestion is incorrect, like with most others I do not care one way or the other about results of England sports matches. I hope your Mrs makes you cook the supper on Monday ;D

arnald

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 07:54:09 PM »

My original reply was I used an example how the goal posts are moved to suit the elite. I have been following Alty long enough to know we have been victims over the years and I hope it doesn't happen again - hence I am against the 5th division. If any of you read my post it was quite clear that I was siding with the underdog. The reply was twisting it into an accusation of 'any excuse to slate the English'. No one needs an excuse when England fans behave like they do. The 'Anti' suggestion is incorrect, like with most others I do not care one way or the other about results of England sports matches. I hope your Mrs makes you cook the supper on Monday ;D
a talk sport presenter got tear gas in his face he said the locals came out to fight English fans resulting in a stand of

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 12:05:33 AM »

Im of Irish descent  but cant understand people who were born here wanting England to lose for the record thats second or third generation from any nation not just Irealnd,its not like club loyalty so i try and support England and the Republic of Ireland.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Football League to expand with 5th division